ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Dusty talking about doing “the little things”.  Kind of what the Sox lack if you could characterize their flaws 

The Wild Pitch and throw home was the turning point.

No need to play the infield in, Moncada needed to go to first after the spin. Sox exit down a bloop and a blast at that point, much different mindset, at least at that point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, I always have to laugh at the betting advice on this site.

You don't "save" vig better on the run lines. There is still vig in a run line. + money does not mean no vig.

Pal, you are not putting up $130, you are putting up $100, and you are cashing for $255, to lay the 1/2. There is a spread between the two teams, but there is an advantage to play the run line in most situations playing the chalk.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, HoosierSox said:

0-5 in Houston this year. Due for a win.

I wonder why we play so poorly on the road this year. We had similar records at home and on the road last year. Is it really just a home crowd effect?

11 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

it's pretty funny, these guys act as if you choke up on the bat it means you have a small dick

Basically if I could change the team, it would be trading for more  speed, defense, OBP, hustle, better baserunning. Not sure trade what, but the team is not quite finished. Crochet and Kopech coming online will help close the gap. But the post all star break team is what these guys are. They can’t sustain themselves if they need to scratch for runs around crooked number innings.

anyway, no time left to risk Rodon and Lynn. Go hard and aggressive game 2 and 3 with Giolito and Cease and let the chips fall where they may. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Dude, you are not putting up $130, you are putting up $100, and you are cashing for $255, to lay the 1/2. There is a spread between the two teams, but there is an advantage to play the run line in most situations playing the chalk.

No, there is not.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this. All I'm going to tell you is you are not understanding prices and the cost of a run, and the cost against the % of games/wins decided by one run and not. There is no added value in betting a run line for teams that are favored. That is not a profitable angle. It is not some bet that are priced wrong and books are losing on over the entire sample. In some cases, in fact, books place 20 cent lines on run lines and 10 cent lines on ML, at which point RL's actually charge more juice/vig and have a significantly lesser ROI (require you to hit a higher % to be profitable when compared to the ML). In cases where they're both 10 cent lines, the cost of the run is (at times) inflated slightly over the 40-50 cents the run is worth. Meaning if a run is worth 45 cents (I can convert to % if that's easier), then the spread is around 30-35 cents meaning you're giving an additional 10 cents buying that extra run in addition to the 10 cents you're paying already with a -110 line. Even if the line is -180, they're still 10 cent lines which is why you see +160 on the other side.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Wild Pitch and throw home was the turning point.

No need to play the infield in, Moncada needed to go to first after the spin. Sox exit down a bloop and a blast at that point, much different mindset, at least at that point.

higher baseball IQ as a team is needed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

image.png

I'd say Lance Lynn's postseason reputation was lived up to.

The guy is a completely different pitcher now than he used to be. Those stats don't mean dick. 

Edited by ron883

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Just the same, it would be very disappointing if the Sox were willing to go out behind injured pitchers like Rodon and Lynn. They aren’t 100%, lets stop fucking around

Lynn looked healthy, he just has struggled with his command for a while. They also are saying they regret the game plan, which is infuriating after the fact.

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Just the same, it would be very disappointing if the Sox were willing to go out behind injured pitchers like Rodon and Lynn. They aren’t 100%, lets stop fucking around

I think Lynn is fine. This was a carbon copy of his outing in Houston in June, we had him being beaten badly in Houston if they got home field advantage pegged months ago as the likely result, well before his IL stint.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It went well except for the game. He brought his bulldog. Good guy and good dog !

He brought his damn dog to watch the game too? You don't mess with ritual this much. Make him leave the dog at home next time. 

• Haha 1