Benetti doing MLB Sunday Peacock Games

Buehrle>Wood

On 4/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, Quin said:

Maybe it's a great testament to Jason in that case, because I enjoy him with Stone. I just know that half the time when I listen to other broadcasts I either am bored to death or want to rip my eardrums out (looking mostly at Rex Hudler in KC). 

I hate that I can't get Mets broadcasts on MLB.TV living in NYC, because those are amazing.

Mets, Jays, & Nats are all really enjoyable IMO.  Angels is very bro douche with an attempt at a California vibe.  Cleve, Det, KC are all cringe.  We are lucky to have Jason. 

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Mets, Jays, & Nats are all really enjoyable IMO.  Angels is very bro douche with an attempt at a California vibe.  Cleve, Det, KC are all cringe.  We are lucky to have Jason. 

When I lived in Missouri I had to watch this crap when the Sox played the Royals: 

When people from other teams give me shit about Hawk, it makes me laugh because Hawk was just a big homer who should have retired a few years earlier. When people here complain about Benetti, it makes me laugh because Benetti at least knows that the moon isn't a fucking planet.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:53 PM, Quin said:

I like that major broadcasters keep hiring Benetti to call games and some Sox fans are like "this guy sucks, take him away!"

Benetti rocks. Happy for him that he gets more national exposure and glad the Sox have him paired with Stoney, who is a good balance with him.

The guys who complain about our broadcasters complain about national guys and everyone else as well.

Edit: wait, I can say fuck but not b****?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

When I lived in Missouri I had to watch this crap when the Sox played the Royals: 

When people from other teams give me shit about Hawk, it makes me laugh because Hawk was just a big homer who should have retired a few years earlier. When people here complain about Benetti, it makes me laugh because Benetti at least knows that the moon isn't a fucking planet.

Rex Hudler is like nails on a chalk board. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The guys who complain about our broadcasters complain about national guys and everyone else as well.

Edit: wait, I can say fuck but not b****?

Swear filter is weird.

As a prank once I tried changing Tatis to "He Who Must Not Be Named"

• Haha 1

Jason Benetti is quick witted and clever.  I find his statistical minutia, boring Sox Math stick and insulting questions for others annoying .

It took me about half a year to become tired of Hawk. Two weeks and I am already tired of Jason.

Anyone else notice Steve Stone uses the phrase " he hit the daylights out of it",  almost every game.  When you watch every game little thing bug you.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Jason Benetti is quick witted and clever.  I find his statistical minutia, boring Sox Math stick and insulting questions for others annoying .

It took me about half a year to become tired of Hawk. Two weeks and I am already tired of Jason.

Anyone else notice Steve Stone uses the phrase " he hit the daylights out of it",  almost every game.  When you watch every game little thing bug you.

Jason's style works great for the occasional national game or a random B1G hoops game in December. It is nails on a chalkboard for 140+ days a year. Stone is just mailing it in at this point. He should probably retire.

5 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

This Sunday's game will be on NBC broadcast in addition to Peacock, so you don't have to have a Peacock subscription to watch the Sox until August 21 at Cleveland. Peacock subscriptions are free with an Xfinity cable package.

Will be weird having Jason be a "neutral announcer" for a national game.

Gonna be Benetti with Stone and Youklis for the upcoming Boston game.

I wonder if they'll do #Isitbreakfast

On 4/27/2022 at 9:38 AM, KipWellsFan said:

This! Whenever I put on the other games the announcers are really boring. Steve and Jason have great banter. But to each their own.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.  Those constant attempts at high wit you call banter drive me nuts. Stone's irritating, but I learned a lot of baseball from him so I'll give him a pass.

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

Are you about 80?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Swear filter is weird.

As a prank once I tried changing Tatis to "He Who Must Not Be Named"

You rang?  Well, this year I (for one) am not going to be the one to summon back his thread after watching the Kelenic debacle go down like a train wreck in slow motion.

(For the record, I do think all the picking on Hosmer finally inspired him to perform better.)

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Are you about 80?

Actually one could argue that Benetti’s schtick goes more towards the 35-50 year old audience.  Not sure he’s beloved by teenagers, but a focus group of them after watching Sox games for a week would be enlightening.

Don’t see it as geriatrics vs. the two utes (Gerry Callo/Gallo voice of Joe Pesci) at all.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Actually one could argue that Benetti’s schtick goes more towards the 35-50 year old audience.  Not sure he’s beloved by teenagers, but a focus group of them after watching Sox games for a week would be enlightening.

Don’t see it as geriatrics vs. the two utes (Gerry Callo/Gallo voice of Joe Pesci) at all.

I like Benetti's schtick, but then my parents have subjected me to an overload of late 80s/early 90s music/movies/pop culture so I get pretty much all of his references.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, wegner said:

I realize that I am in the minority here, but that whole Bill Walton shtick was cringeworthy....I muted it.

Agreed. I hate listening to that guy. He's not amusing. The whole shtick with him was funny for the first 5 minutes I had ever heard it, YEARS ago. 

I think the idea behind these peacock broadcasts is interesting actually. Benetti is the unbiased play by play man (White Sox game excluded), then you have one announcer from each of the teams regular announcers. It's an interesting concept.