6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can someone explain how the Dodgers got six unearned runs there?  I get there must have been an error with two outs, but that number is insane regardless.

The ball from Barnes that he failed to handle was with 1 out. Betts struck out for 2 outs. At that point, the inning is theoretically over so any runs after that aren't earned. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can someone explain how the Dodgers got six unearned runs there?  I get there must have been an error with two outs, but that number is insane regardless.

Error would have been the last out of the inning. So anything scored is unearned

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Burger fucked a routine grounder with 2 outs and no runs scored. He then took a step back on a Turner chopper which wasn’t an error but it was a bad play. 

But hey, he just got 1 of those 6 runs he cost back! Dude can hit. Thankfully there  is a DH and Sheets sucks balls, so just play him there. It doesn’t need to be that complicated. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, White Sox Park said:

Burger just proved why he is just another DH playing out of position.

We have corned the market on developing DHs.  We just haven't figured out that only one of them can play in the lineup at the same time.  

Once this this team gets about 10-12 GB they will quit. Right now they still have this fantasy of only being 5 GB and being able to turn things around. 

That's why TLR and the FO aren't making any moves at all. They say hey were only 5 back and we are due to start hitting and playing better.

Newsflash. This is who you are. A terribly constructed team full of designated hitters who can't hit or field or stay healthy. 

So to win this game, were going to have to score 7 runs at the moment. This has only happened 6 times out of 55 games (Including today's game) or approx. 11% chance of reaching that number based off this season so far.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Burger fucked a routine grounder with 2 outs and no runs scored. He then took a step back on a Turner chopper which wasn’t an error but it was a bad play. 

But hey, he just got 1 of those 6 runs he cost back! Dude can hit. Thankfully there  is a DH and Sheets sucks balls, so just play him there. It doesn’t need to be that complicated. 

Yeah just DH him and fill in at 3B until Eloy comes back. Then try him at 2B. But honestly, Eloy may never come back.

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Burger had 2 ground balls to get out of it and failed miserably on both 

It's mostly on Burger for sure.  2 walks from cease didn't help though.  Typical of how this year is going 🙄 

I do agree Burger is a liability at 3rd . Now we can stop talking about him starting over moncada there hopefully. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

We have corned the market on developing DHs.  We just haven't figured out that only one of them can play in the lineup at the same time.  

Except Grandal and Sheets can't hit.

That only leaves Burger Abreu Vaughn Jimenez.  Pollock not far from DH based on his defensive struggles this year.

Btw Zack Collins is back for TOR and hit his 4th homer, average hovering around .200ish.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He really should be the everyday DH until he cools off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

Robert is bumming me out

Me too.  The batting stance is just so bad.  I don't understand the thought process with it.  He cannot hit anything on either side of the plate.  Just go back to what worked in 20-21. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Except Grandal and Sheets can't hit.

That only leaves Burger Abreu Vaughn Jimenez.

Btw Zack Collins is back for TOR and hit his 4the homer, average hovering around .200ish.

Yeah, but he can't handle his staff...I mean a staff.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Except Grandal and Sheets can't hit. Eloy can't stay healthy.

That only leaves Burger Abreu Vaughn..

Btw Zack Collins is back for TOR and hit his 4the homer, average hovering around .200ish.

Fixed.

And thanks. We were all just wondering how Collins was doing.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Me too.  The batting stance is just so bad.  I don't understand the thought process with it.  He cannot hit anything on either side of the plate.  Just go back to what worked in 20-21. 

#JustMenechinoThings