Anderson back, Moncada to IL

CentralChamps21

Always seemed to be the move. 

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Shocker….could have just put Yoan on the IL a few days ago???

Not really sure it changes much for 2 days. They wanted to see if Yoan would be alright before losing him for 10 days. I don’t think Sheets 0-8 last 2 days would have been a game changer. 

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Always seemed to be the move. 

Not really sure it changes much for 2 days. They wanted to see if Yoan would be alright before losing him for 10 days. I don’t think Sheets 0-8 last 2 days would have been a game changer. 

Probably didn't make a difference,  but it could have, and for what? Do the White Sox believe hammys are 2 day injuries? If they do, they are wackadoos.

Edited by Dick Allen

37 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I still don't think the Sox get anywhere if Yoan and Grandal don't get back to being contributors on this team.

Both are more important than Eloy at this point.

Grandal could well have a disc injury 

37 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I still don't think the Sox get anywhere if Yoan and Grandal don't get back to being contributors on this team.

Going off the obvious belief that all 3 are big disappointments. I'm going to disagree, only because of the 3 - the only I see as having a snowball's chance in hell of coming up and killing it is Eloy.

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think the guys we have now - combined with at least 2 of Eloy/Yoan/Grandal being what the Sox expected would basically make them (offensively) a legit title contender. Obviously starting pitching and other things would need to lineup and be healthy. 

• Like 1

My best, most realistic hope is that Moncada gets healthy enough to play the second half, with great success. Then, I would hope that the Sox could trade him, in the off season, for a power hitting right fielder. I'm just tired of his frequent stints on the IL, his subpar offense and I'm concerned about the money still owed on that contract. 

• Like 1