Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tnetennba

3/26 | White Sox vs Brewers | 3:10PM CT | FS Wisconsin

Recommended Posts

I’ll be very disappointed if Vaughn isn’t wearing 99 today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be on MLB Network tonight at 7 or after MLB Tonight if Cubs/Giants goes past 6p. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuning in for another Rodon look and the possible adventure of Vaughn in LF.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ll be very disappointed if Vaughn isn’t wearing 99 today.

 

He won’t wear his new number until OD. I’m on Team #25. I’ll probably lose this battle, but 99 is trash for baseball. So is 88 and 84.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flavum said:

He won’t wear his new number until OD. I’m on Team #25. I’ll probably lose this battle, but 99 is trash for baseball. So is 88 and 84.

Calling a jersey number “trash” is absurd.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Calling a jersey number “trash” is absurd.

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. As more numbers get retired, the numbers will naturally go up, but numbers in the 80s and 90s are for minor leaguers in spring training.
If I could change Robert to 44 and Cease to 48, I’d do it in a second. 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. As more numbers get retired, the numbers will naturally go up, but numbers in the 80s and 90s are for minor leaguers in spring training.
If I could change Robert to 44 and Cease to 48, I’d do it in a second. 

Does it really bother you that badly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manbearpuig said:

Does it really bother you that badly?

Lil bit. 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. As more numbers get retired, the numbers will naturally go up, but numbers in the 80s and 90s are for minor leaguers in spring training.
If I could change Robert to 44 and Cease to 48, I’d do it in a second. 

Traditionalist you say?

Yr3OYvO.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capital G said:

oh boi. lets see how this Vaughn thing goes.

I didn't realize he never played any OF in College. Boy, this will be interesting. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I didn't realize he never played any OF in College. Boy, this will be interesting. 

He has more time spent as a pitcher than in the OF. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lineup card for the ages!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quin said:

Traditionalist you say?

Yr3OYvO.jpeg

eddie-gaedel-jersey.jpg

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ll be very disappointed if Vaughn isn’t wearing 99 today.

 

If you look closely you can see me right above the dugout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

 

There's been a lot of doom and gloom in here so I don't want to add to the pessimism, but this not only exposes another DH/non-outfielder to greater injury risk, but you're also explicitly asking Robert to cover more ground and expose him to more risk.

It's like if you have a sore foot so you start shifting your weight and favoring the leg for too long, you're going to tweak something somewhere else. Just nervous that Robert is going to feel more pressure to get to more balls and he's going to get hurt too.

Backing off the ledge now, I know they're athletes and we can't just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

There's been a lot of doom and gloom in here so I don't want to add to the pessimism, but this not only exposes another DH/non-outfielder to greater injury risk, but you're also explicitly asking Robert to cover more ground and expose him to more risk.

It's like if you have a sore foot so you start shifting your weight and favoring the leg for too long, you're going to tweak something somewhere else. Just nervous that Robert is going to feel more pressure to get to more balls and he's going to get hurt too.

Backing off the ledge now, I know they're athletes and we can't just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

Robert has to cover the same ground he would have with Eloy there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

serious or not?

Yes. It was filmed a mile from my apartment. We all went to county stadium to be in the movie. I was in another part too. When corbin bernsen was going into the hotel, cheating on his wife. i'm in the crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Robert has to cover the same ground he would have with Eloy there.

Yes and no. Eloy has been trying to get better in the outfield and part of that is just Robert letting him catch balls instead of robbing everything.

It sounds like the plan with Vaughn is actively "everything to your left is Robert's", though maybe that's meant to be tongue in cheek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DirtySox said:

Lol. That reaction by Carlos.

Nice to see Hiura not swinging an invisible bat this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×