White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
Anyone else find the absurdity in teams scouting Chris Sale!? Why don't they save their scouting budget and just watch Sports Center where most of his pitches usually make highlights anyway. It's like us sending a scout to watch Clayton Kershaw...to see if he has what it takes to be good some day. Ha

only thing I can think of is there has been some concern about his strikeout totals this year. His K/9 rate has dropped from a career high 11.8 to 8.6 this season. If the scouts wanted to see more strikeouts, they didn't get it last night.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:36 PM)
only thing I can think of is there has been some concern about his strikeout totals this year. His K/9 rate has dropped from a career high 11.8 to 8.6 this season. If the scouts wanted to see more strikeouts, they didn't get it last night.

But everyone knows hes not trying to strikeout batters as much. Hes playing to contact to reduce high pitch counts. Tho he was missing a bit with spots last night. Really wasnt attacking hitters much.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Oh Mazara is a must and I think today proves that. I'm not a huge fan of Gallo but he'd at least bring some much needed power to the lineup.

I'm only fine with Gallo and Profar if they're not headlining the deal.

You'll never get Odor IMO. I'd love to but I don't think they would that's why they're asking for Mazara and Gallo.

Agree Gallo and Profar is way light as a headliner.

Gallo and marza is okay, but depends on secondary pieces.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:36 PM)

He's purposely pitching to contact this year

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
What do you think scouts that are sent to watch Sale report back at this point? "Uh, ya he's still good."

Scouting Report on Michael Jordan:

Has good form on his jump shot tonight. Plays real good defense too (4 steals through 3 quarters of play). The more I watch this guy, those 6 titles are looking more and more legit. We should try to get him to come play on our team. I approve this acquisition.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:36 AM)
On the radio yesterday, Barry Rosner said the Rangers and Dodgers are the two teams really going after Sale. Doesn't seem like Boston is involved

Translation: Boston is really the most aggressive in talks.

I think the Nats would be an awesome trade partner. Not going to happen though. Sale, Robertson, & Jackson for Giolito, Turner, Robles, Lopez, Fedde, Stevenson, & Reetz. They could then shop Gio Gonzalez, Roark, or Ross for another bat. That would give them Scherzer, Sale, & Strasburg as their starters in a playoff series :o

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
But everyone knows hes not trying to strikeout batters as much.

That's the story if you believe it. You'd think he might want to dial it up to 97 against somebody like Kris Bryant though. If he was able.

I don't see the Rangers happening because Mazara is a must and if he's included in a package with Gallo then the Rangers' lineup will become a joke. The upgrade to their rotation will be offset a lot by the downgrade to their offense.

White Sox remain potential headliner of trade deadline deals as they continue to talk to Rangers, Yankees,... https://t.co/mHXxCiand9

https://twitter.com/JimBowden_ESPN/status/759086600995217408

White Sox remain potential headliner of trade deadline deals as they continue to talk to Rangers, Yankees, Dodgers, Astros others re: star players. Nationals determined to land one of Davis or Miller before they make a trade for next level type closer

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
I don't see the Rangers happening because Mazara is a must and if he's included in a package with Gallo then the Rangers' lineup will become a joke. The upgrade to their rotation will be offset a lot by the downgrade to their offense.

Figuring gallo just joined them and mazara has slowed a bit they are the 6th in baseball in runs. Not sure removing those 2 are going to take a major hit to their offense. Especially since they lost fielder and he hasn't been producing anyway. Throw in abreu and it will work out lol

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Figuring gallo just joined them and mazara has slowed a bit they are the 6th in baseball in runs. Not sure removing those 2 are going to take a major hit to their offense. Especially since they lost fielder and he hasn't been producing anyway. Throw in abreu and it will work out lol

They're 18th in wRC+ and have scored most of their runs early in large part due to luck with sequencing. Since the sequencing has fallen back to normal levels they're a middle of the pack offense, and removing those two will just make it worse. Their offense has been a lot of smoke of mirrors this year, it's pretty average.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Keep talking to Houston. Springer, Bregman, and McCullers in a deal for Sale seems like a perfect match. Honestly, I'd be talking to Houston the most and keep it on the DL, but the White Soc aren't that smart.... Or are they?

Not nearly as smart as us message board posters. Not. Even. Close.

So Cameron says a Benintendi/Devers/1 lower level guy (or Moncada/Kopech instead for the first two), Urias/Verdugo (or Bellinger instead of Verdugo)/2 lower level guys or Gallo/Brinson/Ortiz/1 lower level guy should be enough for the Sox to want to move Sale. If Sale was traded for any of those packages, would anyone here be happy with those trades?

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
So Cameron says a Benintendi/Devers/1 lower level guy (or Moncada/Kopech instead for the first two), Urias/Verdugo (or Bellinger instead of Verdugo)/2 lower level guys or Gallo/Brinson/Ortiz/1 lower level guy should be enough for the Sox to want to move Sale. If Sale was traded for any of those packages, would anyone here be happy with those trades?

The Rangers one would make me super saiyan mad.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
David Robertson, if traded, could get a decent haul on his own. If packaged with Sale or Q, Sox could become a top 10 farm system overnight.

https://twitter.com/RobHart1980/status/759086422188064769

Q+Robertson to Red Sox

Sale to Dodgers

Sell off Melky, Frazier, Jones, Jennings, Duke, Shields and Gonzalez for best you can get.

Listen on Abreu and Eaton, but need fair value.

Then pray.