Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
I have to say, while pumped about package, totally flummoxed about whether the PIrates are giving up too much or know McCutchens value is that low, and also have ZERO clue why Yankees care about McCutchen this year. Like wtf.

From White Sox perspective, getting glasnow is great, getting Rutherford back is amazing, getting back newman too I'm ripping my shirt off and letting my flabby 30 year old chest show proud, add keller and we are talkin pants at that point, men.

I can only guess the Yankees either want to see how he does and re-sign him or see how he does and flip him at the deadline. They could get back a package similar or better than Rutherford/Andujar but I still don't see the motivation to play that risky game.

QUOTE (Moncada @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
We need potential elite hitter not more pitchers.

Yeah, I'd rather not get back Keller and get back more bats. This team needs position prospects, otherwise we are just pushing the rebuild even out further down the road, assuming the pitching actually works out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:29 PM)
Yeah, I'd rather not get back Keller and get back more bats. This team needs position prospects, otherwise we are just pushing the rebuild even out further down the road, assuming the pitching actually works out.

Keller is way more valuable than Newman, IMO

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
Andujar keeps showing up now. How does he compare to Trey M? Same age, Trey played at AA. I don't see a big difference, course I know little about Andujar.

Here is some reading.

http://yanksgoyard.com/2016/10/21/yankees-...s-one-to-watch/

Substantially out performed Trey at AA. Trey has constantly been pushed for his age limit, but this year will probably repeat. Trey isn't done yet but Andjuhar is a top ten prospect in a much deeper system so a better spec

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)
This return would be amazing.

If we're going to engage in a three-way deal with Pitt/NYY, I would prefer we take the opportunity to acquire 2 position players as the top two pieces, if possible.

I know we love Rutherford, and he would be an idea 2nd piece. Just wish we could make that first piece either Meadows or Torres or Frazier.

I agree in regards to stacking talent and not worrying about fit quite yet, but it sure seems like these other orgs are hoarding their position players ahead of their pitching prospects. I think that is an indication of value that we are accepting, which I wish we were unwilling to do.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
Here is some reading.

http://yanksgoyard.com/2016/10/21/yankees-...s-one-to-watch/

Substantially out performed Trey at AA. Trey has constantly been pushed for his age limit, but this year will probably repeat. Trey isn't done yet but Andjuhar is a top ten prospect in a much deeper system so a better spec

Just want to add, you've been an awesome consistent presence in these threads since the offseason. Appreciate all you've been posting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)

It looks like they are stock piling them so they should get an outstanding rotation of of the ones that do.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
If we're going to engage in a three-way deal with Pitt/NYY, I would prefer we take the opportunity to acquire 2 position players as the top two pieces, if possible.

I know we love Rutherford, and he would be an idea 2nd piece. Just wish we could make that first piece either Meadows or Torres or Frazier.

I agree in regards to stacking talent and not worrying about fit quite yet, but it sure seems like these other orgs are hoarding their position players ahead of their pitching prospects. I think that is an indication of value that we are accepting, which I wish we were unwilling to do.

Yeah, if we aren't getting the top pieces from either system offensively, hopefully we are getting a car load of players back. Otherwise it is another return that makes sense on paper, but not in terms of any sort of actual roster building.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
So in five years we can be back to where we are now, with outstanding pitchers, but no offense or defense. What a waste.

We had 2 outstanding pitchers and one with potential and then a handful of garbage and then Nate Jones.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
Yeah, if we aren't getting the top pieces from either system offensively, hopefully we are getting a car load of players back. Otherwise it is another return that makes sense on paper, but not in terms of any sort of actual roster building.

Just remember that everybody wants to rebuild partially on the basis of the most prominent team to do it successfully, the Cubs. They had just a few players that came up through their system act as cornerstones for the WS run. As long as we can generate some depth with the system alongside a couple of studs, just always keep in mind that we can fill in the remaining holes in other ways.

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
Hey Dick Allen. I've perused these message boards very sparingly over the last like 8 months or so. Recently a little more. I try to avoid message boards because they're all the same. It took me like 3 days of reading these boards to immediately pin you as the internet know it all dick head. I mentioned it to others who read the site and they confirmed my suspicions. I didn't and probably wouldn't have seen your messages today cuz I haven't read these boards since the Sale trade and was pointed it out by people who do read them.

And for the record, if you knew anything about what I do online, which you clearly don't, you'd know that I myself and the medium I write for is satirical in nature, and that I shouldn't be getting scoops, let alone having people like Jon Heyman, Buster Olney, Ken Rosenthal, etc. use me as a source. Those are the big shot journalists we make fun of. People who are antiquated in how they approach writing, breaking news, etc. All of the news that I break is exactly that - a joke; that said I do have legit sources in the organization with both players and FO.

That said, I'll keep getting paid to be an internet tough guy and work with the White Sox a few times a year to coordinate parties at their games. Got 600 people out last year for one game alone and they handed me $3000 in $100 bills. They reach out to me, because they know I put asses in seats.

And Brian is my guy, as are James and Aaron, and though I fibbed to them saying Brian didn't know the package that he just tweeted about, I was the one who brought this exact trade scenario to his attention. He just confirmed it with his people. Sources are boooooone dry.

PS - I've told the WGN story a billion times. I was rushed there from work and it was 1000 degrees out. I was nervous. I laughed at it too. It was embarrassing but I embrace it. There's a reason I'm on TV, gonna go on the radio today, etc.

Poooo-Ig

Wish you'd post more - minus the dick references and insecurity based hootananey.

( you're right thou, it is a message board. )

Poop