8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LaRussa really still blows; that's never changed. He's still out of touch, and still apologizing in post-game conferences.

Pulling Kopech was dumb but everyone knew that. At least they won.

You really haven't figured out his method yet? Whenever he does something or a player does something that might bring negative attention, he apologizes and bring the heat on himself rather than the player. He takes the blame and the .Eduardo focuses on him not the player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nah, no apology. Kopech is young so LaRussa doesn't care if he offends him.

I know you're rooting for a save opportunity tomorrow, Ray, because it'll be Kimbtel after all the pitches tonight by Liam.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You really haven't figured out his method yet? Whenever he does something or a player does something that might bring negative attention, he apologizes and bring the heat on himself rather than the player. He takes the blame and the .Eduardo focuses on him not the player.

what?

He didn't apologize for embarrassing Savala in front of cameras.

He apologizes because he does something indefensible stupid and is pressed on it by the media and actually realizes it because the players were also baffled so he gives some media apology. How is him doing dumb things negative attention on a player?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hope he gets a chance and he gets it done!

Agree 100%.  Like you I didnt love the trade but obviously want him to succeed in whatever role he's placed.  Maybe come playoff time he will find the adrenaline in the set up role to make him elite like earlier this season.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

what?

He didn't apologize for embarrassing Savala in front of cameras.

He apologizes because he does something indefensible stupid and is pressed on it by the media and actually realizes it because the players were also baffled so he gives some media apology. How is him doing dumb things negative attention on a player?

Because it's usually when the player doesn't perform well.

Last night, I thought about the post after Kimbrel was acquired, I think by Balta, that his acquistion LaRussa-proofed the bullpen. I thought it was a really good point. Turns out it was wrong. There is no LaRussa-proofing as long as he is getting a White Sox paycheck.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Last night, I thought about the post after Kimbrel was acquired, I think by Balta, that his acquistion LaRussa-proofed the bullpen. I thought it was a really good point. Turns out it was wrong. There is no LaRussa-proofing as long as he is getting a White Sox paycheck.

Years ago, I bought my wife a nice camera to bring on our honeymoon.  In case I needed to use it too I asked the man behind the counter of the Camera store for a good camera that was idiot proof.  He said they did not sell idiot proof cameras just ones that were idiot resistant. 

9 hours ago, wegner said:

I know you're rooting for a save opportunity tomorrow, Ray, because it'll be Kimbtel after all the pitches tonight by Liam.

If the Sox had guts, they'd use Tepara to close for 2 weeks. At least he throws strikes on the corner. I guarantee it would scare the shit 

out of LH and Kimbrall.

40 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wasn't on board with Kimbrel on Friday, because he issued a single walk, and struck out the last batter he faced. To most, this change was for platoon advantage.

Yesterday, Kopech was pulled after giving up two straight hits. He would not have been pulled if he gave up 0 or 1. He was given a longer leash than Kimbrel.

Tony's strategy, to pull him if he gave up two runners, as opposed to fretting about a platoon matchup, was sound, regardless of whether it worked or not,

He also replaced Kopech with an equal, some may say better reliever, whereas Kimbrel was replaced by Bummer, who most would consider a downgrade in talent, at least this based on performances this season. It's the constant fretting about platoons, whether there is even a real advantage based on the particular players, for hitting and pitching, is what gives me pause in terms of "La Russa Proofing" the roster.

Quickly removing Nick Williams and the poor Eaton acquisition gives me hope they will have the right 26 come October.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Capn12 changed the title to 8/24 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Cease vs. Berrios, 6:07pm CDT
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic