The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I read where the TV money starts to kick in for the owners after the 28th game. If that's true  it would appear that baseball won't start until the first week of May.

b**** ass mother fuckers.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I read where the TV money starts to kick in for the owners after the 28th game. If that's true  it would appear that baseball won't start until the first week of May.

That is my optimistic prediction on when the season will start.

There is absolutely no reason for them to not be talking daily.  If they're not, it's clear that neither side is in a hurry...obviously for different reasons.  The players will wait out the owners, hoping for a move in their direction.  The owners have already said they're cool with cancelling a month of games.

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

There is absolutely no reason for them to not be talking daily.  If they're not, it's clear that neither side is in a hurry...obviously for different reasons.  The players will wait out the owners, hoping for a move in their direction.  The owners have already said they're cool with cancelling a month of games.

The players have stated they have attempted to negotiate and meet since the lockout started but the owners have not wanted to. Hard to blame the players in that situation; takes two to meet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I'm certain there is a fair amount of calculations for both sides that need to happen with each new proposal. There is a lot of money at stake. 

Which is why they should have started a year ago. 

16 minutes ago, zisk said:

After opening day, my interest does go down until May. Unless we win about 10 in a row.

Exactly. And honestly my interest is typically June to August most seasons. Which is why I'm good with a 150 game season and an extra round of playoffs. 

I'll tune in to a playoff game between two clubs I don't really care about than watching the Sox after they are eliminated or clinched.

31 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Exactly. And honestly my interest is typically June to August most seasons. Which is why I'm good with a 150 game season and an extra round of playoffs. 

I'll tune in to a playoff game between two clubs I don't really care about than watching the Sox after they are eliminated or clinched.

I've been known to watch and be upset about a Sox game in the last week of the season when they were eliminated 2 weeks prior....."OH COME ON, THROW STRIKES!!"   It's a sickness.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wegner said:

I've been known to watch and be upset about a Sox game in the last week of the season when they were eliminated 2 weeks prior....."OH COME ON, THROW STRIKES!!"   It's a sickness.

Lol. My complaint is always why are you playing him?? Put the damn kids in. 

1 hour ago, StrangeSox said:

No, at least the few large IBEW and CWA locals I've been tangentially related to. Simple negotiations as in any other business.

Some are simple. The MLB one is not. If the owners lockout the employees. Odds are it has already started with animosity and won't be simple.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

After opening day, my interest does go down until May. Unless we win about 10 in a row.

Really?  I can't look away at the beginning of the season.  So damn excited to watch baseball again.  Then again, I probably watch 155+ Sox games a year, so month doesn't matter much. 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, wegner said:

Yeah....I am with you.  Doesn't matter if the Sox are 10 games up or 10 games back.  I am on the edge of my seat for all 162.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Lol. My complaint is always why are you playing him?? Put the damn kids in. 

Exactly....like that time they kept playing that Alen Hanson guy in 2017...."Oh well, I guess they have plans for him".....then they just released his ass that December.

Edited by wegner
Not a bum...just not a good major league baseball player

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really?  I can't look away at the beginning of the season.  So damn excited to watch baseball again.  Then again, I probably watch 155+ Sox games a year, so month doesn't matter much. 

Just too many other interests I guess. That and it being hard to stay inside to watch a game on a beautiful day. Unless I'm out on a patio somewhere at a bar or in a friend's garage watching it on a TV. For me personally, it is way easier to watch during the week.

Edited by Bob Sacamano