Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Rick Hahn is purely living on the laurels of the Abreu/Robert signing and the trades he made at the beginning of the rebuild. Outside of the Lynn trade, Hendriks signing, the organization had not done anything worth a damn to improve the team into a championship contender, and build an pipeline that could extend their window.

But hey, at least we’re not the Reds, right?

A lot of people talk about the lynn trade, grandal and hendriks signings, but those are obvious. 99/100 managers would try those. The vast majority of moves in the past three-four years has been terrible- not just bad- but terrible. Ranging from acquiring family members of machado to signing this offseason, just unbelievable 

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Anderson pick deserves a ton of credit 

I give them credit for that, but in the grand scheme when you have only developed 2 guys (TA and Rodon) from draft or INTL market over 14 years into contributors for your team, it’s seriously depressing.

Edit: technically 3 guys since Robert did come from this system.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

I give them credit for that, but in the grand scheme when you have only developed 2 guys (TA and Rodon) from draft or INTL market over 14 years into contributors for your team, it’s seriously depressing.

Of course it is

Just now, Quin said:

At this point I don't know if I want them to sign Conforto more because it's the right thing to do (it is) or because I just want joy on SoxTalk again.

That 5 minutes after the lockout ended slapped.

Is it bad that I spent 15 minutes trying to talk myself into Joc or Rosario last night 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Is it bad that I spent 15 minutes trying to talk myself into Joc or Rosario last night 

With Conforto still on the market, yes.

If he signs with another team, that's when I join the sad brigade or just start mainlining the Cespedes kool-aid, which just sounds like sad brigade with a smile.

Following this whole thread, a lot of negativity on here ... and it is totally warranted!

The outright refusal to 'finish the job' and make this team elite is absolutely staggering! Are we the best team in the Division? Yes, probably by a semi-wide margin. Are we the best team in the AL? Not even close! As currently constructed, we are a worse team than last season. The Blue Jays are significantly better than us. The Yankees are better than us. The Rays are better than us. Houston is still better than us, and if they get Correa back, they are significantly better. A case could be made for the Red Sox as well, and depending on how the rest of the off-season shakes out, the Mariners as well.

You'd think after getting our tits knocked in last year in the ALDS, with all of our injured players back and healthy and playing in that series, that something would be shaken loose, but I guess not! Instead, we will 'hope for health' and then trot out holes in RF and 2B again. We will go into a season with a question mark as the #4 starter and a grossly declining #5 starter. But hey, at least we signed two solid relivers that we will probably still need to use in the 3rd and 5th innings of playoff games. 

Its beyond irritating! I'd like to say that, I think this is the last season I'm going to invest in this stupid crap anymore, because I know my money isn't going to the product. But, I'm a dummy! Much like many of us, I'll be there, hoping they win inspite of the owner and overrated GM.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

With Conforto still on the market, yes.

If he signs with another team, that's when I join the sad brigade or just start mainlining the Cespedes kool-aid, which just sounds like sad brigade with a smile.

I think we're all, in our own timeframe, coming to terms with the fact that Conforto was never really an option, if we're honest with ourselves. Not with status quo ownership.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no idea why the board has erupted in negativity?  Is this because of a couple Steve Stone tweets?  If the Sox are actively negotiating with Boras for a RF, they aren’t going to go out and say it’s a huge need.  In fact, guys like Merkin & Stone are going to say the Sox love what they have.  Until Hahn comes out and says “the team is on the floor” or all the RFs are gone, we should assume he’s looking to upgrade RF.  Unfortunately dealing with Boras takes time.

Is it not this board’s nature to tear itself apart when it doesn’t get what it wants?  Or perhaps I should say from a certain contingent?  And then others chime in and it becomes like reading Facebook comments.  I get it, I am impatient and frustrated by the seeming lack of effort, and we all expected a mad dash flurry of activity, but that’s not how it has played out.  But the vitriolic toxic sludge spewed out is so very tiresome to parse through for any real nuggets of news. 

Edited by Tnetennba