How to Contact the White Sox Execs/Sponsors and Demand TLR’s Termination

caulfield12

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, I guess I get the angle of wanting Vaughn and sheets to play.  I want Vaughn to play alot, and I think he will.  But we're 1 injury away from either Leury being the everyday RF or Jake Burger being the everyday DH.    Gavin Sheets still has 2 option years.  He doesn't have to be in the everyday lineup.  Even if they were to sign Conforto, he'll get 350+ PA this season. 

People making this stand that Conforto is a bad player is just straight up comical.  

I think the argument has more to do, Is he a $100 million ballplayer? 

And for the Sox, $100 million contract is not a drop in the bucket as we all know. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I think the argument has more to do, Is he a $100 million ballplayer? 

And for the Sox, $100 million contract is not a drop in the bucket as we all know. 

He's probably not getting $100M at this point.  If he was, he'd be signed.  Historically, he's definitely a $20M AAV player though and that is factoring in his 21.  He was more like a $25M+ AAV player prior to 21. 

I think he'll take a 4/$80M deal give or take $5M with opt outs.  Seems to be his best option at this point. 

we'll go in circles on this stuff.

If we are going to be inefficient with our spending  I'd rather it be on a position player that could feasibly provide 4-5 WAR than spending 30% of our team salary in the bullpen.

While it can be hard to generate a 4-5 WAR outfielder from your system at any point, it really should be table stakes to create a 2 WAR 2b or bullpen pitcher but because the sox already have a bone dry system we are overspending to get depth. Nobody worries about overspending there, but spending $20 million on a player youd rather be $15 million is terrifying.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And his fWAR from 2017 or 2018 through 2020?

By your argument, Harrison will repeat his 2021 and not the three preceding years.

You can't win championships with Vaughn and Sheets in RF.  And Sheets has been protected by the most favorable matchups since Dayan Viciedo's rookie season.

Conforto is a risk, but much likelier to pay off when combined with Nick Madrigal...players with track records of producing.  Compared to Kimbrel and Harrison as the direct substitution we have been provided.  No GM is going to trust Sheets to repeat his 2021 numbers as an everyday DH, per alone as a strong side platoon.

I don't see how you can win anything with only 2 outfielders who are good defensively on your roster. And one of those two is injury prone. And how long is Luis Robert going to hold up if he's trying to make up for the bad defense on either side of him?

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

1. All White Sox and Bulls games will be illegally streamed. Not paying for any cable or subscriptions in order to watch the games

2. Attending Cubs games instead of Sox games. Instead of simply not giving Jerry my money, I'm going to spend it on the other baseball team in the city. 

Ron, I hate to break it to you, but Papa Ricketts is more of an asshole than Jerry. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

2. Attending Cubs games instead of Sox games. Instead of simply not giving Jerry my money, I'm going to spend it on the other baseball team in the city. 

Seriously dude...Just admit you're Cubs fan already and go join their forum. Its Ok...be truthful to yourself. You aren't fooling anyone here.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Borrowing this from southsider2k5's post about TLR hiring...between Kimbrel, this year's current FA debacle and now the way Lucas Giolito was treated so disrespectfully by the White Sox (just like Black Jack McDowell, although Lucas is 10X the more mature and even-keeled individual in comparison)...don't know how to communicate how disgusted Sox fans actually are with the current state of things heading in what was once supposed to be one of the greatest seasons in franchise history.  This feeling today is what we spent a decade building towards???? REALLY?  It has already been self-sabotaged in a variety of ways.  How do you go from last October to now selling LESS season tickets than you had at the beginning of the 2021 season???  If he was just carrying out Jerry Reinsdorf's orders to punish Lucas for being the team union rep and involved in MLBPA negotiations with Manfred, shame on him for doing so...that's not the type of GM that will ever lead the White Sox to the promised land, it's just not the right way to treat employees, whatever legal-ese nonsense he puts out there on social media about it not having affected the relationship one bit moving forward, yadda yadda yadda.  You should know better with all those years of education at elite universities.  Treat others how you would like to be treated, it's actually quite simple.

Scott Reifert's email address is SREIFERT@chisox.com

Brooks Boyer is bboyer@chisox.com

Hopefully people feel free to let them know what people think.

This might be the worst OP on the internet.

Good work dude, it takes a lot to be this detached from reality, so I'm actually impressed.

3 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

This might be the worst OP on the internet.

Good work dude, it takes a lot to be this detached from reality, so I'm actually impressed.

Still waiting for any current GMs that are actually worse than Rick Hahn.  I know it's quite the challenge...

I can understand the frustration, but I'm not writing any e-mails. This isn't a Tony La Russa situation.

While the Kimbrel decision did blow up in our faces, I do understand the thinking behind it at the time. Not everyone agreed with the trade, but I would argue it's a stretch to say that was a brain-dead move at the time. I'm also not sure the issue with Giolito is on the GM. Seems like a penny-pinching ownership issue. But that's a frustrating one for sure.

And as frustrated as we are, isn't Hahn at least partially to thank for all of these players being on our roster at the same time:

• Aaron Bummer
  • Dylan Cease
  • Lucas Giolito
  • Liam Hendricks
  • Michael Kopech
  • Lance Lynn
  • Yasmani Grandal
  • Jose Abreu
  • Tim Anderson
  • Yoan Moncada
  • Eloy Jimenez
  • Andrew Vaughn

Also, maybe there was a lot of luck involved, but Hahn did seem to manage through a ton of injuries last year. We somehow picked up or promoted a bunch of guys who managed to get us through some tough stretches.

And no, I can't name a "worse" GM because I don't follow the other teams as closely as the Sox.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I can understand the frustration, but I'm not writing any e-mails. This isn't a Tony La Russa situation.

While the Kimbrel decision did blow up in our faces, I do understand the thinking behind it at the time. Not everyone agreed with the trade, but I would argue it's a stretch to say that was a brain-dead move at the time. I'm also not sure the issue with Giolito is on the GM. Seems like a penny-pinching ownership issue. But that's a frustrating one for sure.

And as frustrated as we are, isn't Hahn at least partially to thank for all of these players being on our roster at the same time:

• Aaron Bummer
  • Dylan Cease
  • Lucas Giolito
  • Liam Hendricks
  • Michael Kopech
  • Lance Lynn
  • Yasmani Grandal
  • Jose Abreu
  • Tim Anderson
  • Yoan Moncada
  • Eloy Jimenez
  • Andrew Vaughn

Also, maybe there was a lot of luck involved, but Hahn did seem to manage through a ton of injuries last year. We somehow picked up or promoted a bunch of guys who managed to get us through some tough stretches.

And no, I can't name a "worse" GM because I don't follow the other teams as closely as the Sox.

If Caulfield were actually a Padres fan, he would be citing this article every fucking day calling for AJ Preller to be fired.

17 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Dear White Sox, there is a guy in China who is unhappy with the off-season moves.  Please respond accordingly.  

Manfred always claims to be about expanding the game internationally, but just one of of 1.4 billion?

Otoh, there are about 75,000 Sox caps, but nobody knows what it represents other than NYY, Boston and LAD.

44 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Still waiting for any current GMs that are actually worse than Rick Hahn.  I know it's quite the challenge...

Take a look at Cashman over the last decade.  Remarkable considering his resources.

No results for Preller, GM since 2014.  Dipoto, since 2015 has yet to see the post season.  Chernoff and Hazen haven't accomplished much, and don't seem close.  Levine has won less playoff games than Hahn, but had a good offseason this year.  Elias is in a rebuild that seems stalled.  Cherington was stupid enough to take the Pirates job, enough said there.  Schmidt hasn't been around long enough to really judge, but he has done some weird ass things since he started,  Rockies are decent but no where near where the Sox are now.  I'm sure some of the GM's that have been hired in the last couple of years will fail, but too early to judge.  I'd say the Epstein/Hoyer rebuild was on the same trajectory as the Sox are on now.  If the Sox don't win a Series obviously they didn't achieve what they did, but still Epstein/Hoyer definitely failed to deliver the multiple championships everyone said they would when Epstein move over from Boston.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

If Caulfield were actually a Padres fan, he would be citing this article every fucking day calling for AJ Preller to be fired.

I don’t love Preller, but he does have the Dodgers and now Giants to overcome, and they did at least win a postseason series, something the White Sox haven’t done in 17 years now.

Point 2, he will get a job running Latin American operations for some team the minute he leaves SD.  I’m not so sure what Hahn can do, other than contract negotiations and PR speak.

Point 3, they still have CJ Abrams and MacKenzie Gore to hype to the season ticket base to take some of the sting out of the Tatis injury.  They have the minor league depth to continue making targeted trades.

Point 4, they failed getting pitching last year and screwed up playing time adding Frazier…but at least he realized that mistake and quickly moved on.  They also failed to add another outfielder, guys like Suzuki and Soler.  Plus, the back end of the pen is a bit unsettled.

Point 5, everything comes down to starting pitching and new manager Bob Melvin.  That’s manager #3 already, Preller doesn’t get a fourth try, and he shouldn’t after hamstringing the roster with Myers and Hosmer.  The Kim signing which was a stretch will quickly be under scrutiny again if he struggles to hit .200 again as a starter the first half.

3 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Take a look at Cashman over the last decade.  Remarkable considering his resources.

No results for Preller, GM since 2014.  Dipoto, since 2015 has yet to see the post season.  Chernoff and Hazen haven't accomplished much, and don't seem close.  Levine has won less playoff games than Hahn, but had a good offseason this year.  Elias is in a rebuild that seems stalled.  Cherington was stupid enough to take the Pirates job, enough said there.  Schmidt hasn't been around long enough to really judge, but he has done some weird ass things since he started,  Rockies are decent but no where near where the Sox are now.  I'm sure some of the GM's that have been hired in the last couple of years will fail, but too early to judge.  I'd say the Epstein/Hoyer rebuild was on the same trajectory as the Sox are on now.  If the Sox don't win a Series obviously they didn't achieve what they did, but still Epstein/Hoyer definitely failed to deliver the multiple championships everyone said they would when Epstein move over from Boston.

If winning a postseason series against the Cards is no results, what are two victories in two seasons, then?  The Mariners will likely fire Dipoto without a postseason again this year…jury still not out, remember, Hahn had how many years of retooling or rebuilding on the fly before the teardown?  About the same as Dipoto.  Hard to judge Rockies situation fairly due to ownership and the fact that they’re not allowed to sustain Top Ten payrolls despite consistent Top Ten attendance.

The Cubs did manage to make, what, 5 out of 6 postseasons?   Three NLCS in a row.  The backend was clearly disappointing, but they’re also not totally bottoming out with a payroll right in the middle and Hendricks/Contreras still on the books.  They failed to develop pitching, got a bit complacent (including Maddon), and made some terrible sustaining moves in FA.  Other than the Astros, though, that rebuild and competitive window still goes down as #2.  I mean, as a Sox fan, still not even sure we are capable of winning one postseason series yet depending on favorable matchups.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If winning a postseason series against the Cards is no results, what are two victories in two seasons, then?  

Two playoff game wins over the last two seasons for the Padres.  The exact same number as the White Sox.  And the Padres followed up that mighty 2-1 series win against the Cards with a 79 win season.  If the Sox drop to 79 wins, or even 89 wins for that matter, I'll be right there with you on the fire Hahn bandwagon.  And remember the time Preller won the offseason by signing Machado- huge 70 wins that year.  And remember when everyone said the Padres won the offseason before 2015-74 wins that year.

24 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Two playoff game wins over the last two seasons for the Padres.  The exact same number as the White Sox.  And the Padres followed up that mighty 2-1 series win against the Cards with a 79 win season.  If the Sox drop to 79 wins, or even 89 wins for that matter, I'll be right there with you on the fire Hahn bandwagon.  And remember the time Preller won the offseason by signing Machado- huge 70 wins that year.  And remember when everyone said the Padres won the offseason before 2015-74 wins that year.

Well, let’s check back when there are two 105-107 win teams competing against the Sox in the Central.  Everyone thought 2006 was “unfair” with the Tigers and Twins.

2015 was terrible roster construction.

Edited by caulfield12