4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

Just now, brijames1957 said:

This is all on the players. Just an absolute embarrassment. They think they are better than they are. Cleveland is going to put an absolute butt whipping on them today. 

It’s so true.  The injuries have closed the gap significantly between these teams.  This Sox team has to stay around .500 until everyone gets back, at worst.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

It’s as bad as the box score. Literally everything is awful. A bunch of hungover minor leaguers would look like this.

Charlotte and Birmingham rosters would at least only be down 4-6 to zero.

The drum guy is gone now...did he actually die or banned from bringing his instrument in now?

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Have you been watching or just following the box score? 

I've been watching.

This game should call for the manager to loudly proclaim the team to be full of "lollygaggers" in the shower after the game.

• Haha 1

there you have it, they can play D just fine when Keuchel ain't out there

something tells me words were said between Dallas and the team last year when he was left off the post season roster

this looks personal

Edited by joesaiditstrue

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s as bad as the box score. Literally everything is awful. A bunch of hungover minor leaguers would look like this.

Even two or three of the “hits” were on plays that could have been made if Abreu and Anderson weren’t drunk

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

there you have it, they can play D just fine when Keuchel ain't out ther

something tells me words were said between Dallas and the team last year when he was left off the post season roster

this looks personal

Why didn't they take it out on him in his first start then?

It makes me wonder what the ideal rotation would be, once everyone is back. I know we're stuck with this clown in the rotation, due to cost, but in reality, is the best option:

Giolito
Lynn
Cease
Kopech
Cueto

?

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

this looks personal

That's a bad look for a team if correct

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Keuchel gave up 9  hits and 10 runs...8 of them earned runs in 1 inning of work and yet his ERA says 16.50.  Is that some type of new math?  Is 16.50 a number larger than infinity??

Huh? Keuchel pitched 5 innings last week.

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Sorry - when your team gives the other team more outs than it converts (4 errors vs. 3 outs converted), that's f'ed up.
Not that he pitched great or shouldn't have overcome some of that, today's been ridiculous.

His pitches are getting absolutely smoked. Fine we beat on the players for errors but come on. 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

this looks personal

Well, considering all the millions at stake ... there should be more professionalism on both sides.

But leave it to the White Sox to finally rid themselves of Kimbrel and another uncomfortable personnel situation arises to quickly take his place.

• knightni changed the title to 4/20 game thread Sox at CLE - Sox getting smoked?