GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

There's always someone in the pen that decides to have a moment of mental weakness.

I have yet to figure why Katz is the new Coop as far as getting a free pass.

The whole staff needs to go and the worst part is it will be former players from an era of mediocrity.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope. He doesn't go long enough into starts. Walks too many batters. He's a strong #2. 

Remember when Rich Harden was really good? Kinda reminds me of his peak. 

You wouldn't have considered Corbin Burnes an ace after last season then? Basically the only people who meet your criteria for star, it seems like, are Hall of Famers in the prime of their career. That's fine, but teams win the World Series, 95+ games etc all of the time without having anyone like that on their roster.

Fans who complain about starting pitchers not going long enough are as annoying to me as those that used to complain about teams being too reliant on homers.   Give me 5 dominant innings from a starter and you will have a great team.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

5 th homer for the Twins, this time against VV.  TLR threw in the towel.  In the meantime, we can’t even hit a homer against AAA pitching tonight. Shameful.

Winder has been with the big league team over half the year and then ILed and lost his spot to Smeltzer and Ober returning.  He's been really good for a back end guy.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Cease is 8th amongst pitchers in fWAR over the last 2 seasons. This year he has a 2.51 ERA and clearly has a chance to win the AL CY. That isn't good enough for you?

Cease is also leading the majors in strikeout rate per inning.

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Fire Tony chants not catching on more amongst the fanbase has been very disappointing. If the toxicity around him got cranked up to Nagy/GarPax levels, I do think an in-season change would actually be possible.

I'd could see Helen Keller reacting long before Reinsdorf.

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I said that 5 min after they signed him…

The Sox paid him the same amount they paid Rodon last year. He’ll be a revelation. 
As bad as this season has been for the team, it pales in comparison to the train wreck of an off-season Hahn had. Just brutal. He clearly can’t get the Sox where they want to go, and neither can Tony.

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Doesn’t matter. Why are we talking about 2019-2020 when we are in 2022. If that was the case Yoan was a potential MVP candidate back then 

Because there was a reason Giolito was considered a possible Ace then. He went deep into games, shut teams down and missed lots of bats. 

Cease doesn't go deep enough into games. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Fire Tony chants not catching on more amongst the fanbase has been very disappointing. If the toxicity around him got cranked up to Nagy/GarPax levels, I do think an in-season change would actually be possible.

This year has been pretty alarming to see how apathetic Sox fans are

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fans who complain about starting pitchers not going long enough are as annoying to me as those that used to complain about teams being too reliant on homers.   Give me 5 dominant innings from a starter and you will have a great team.

If you want to be considered an ace, it matters. On a macro level I agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

LOL! The pen will make you think otherwise.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease doesn't go deep enough into games. 

I bet you believe in the TLR philosophy of the starting pitcher has to get the W too….pitchers going deep into games just does not happen in today’s baseball very often anymore. Doesn’t mean that defines whether they are or arent an ace. C’mon man. Be better than this.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

You wouldn't have considered Corbin Burnes an ace after last season then? Basically the only people who meet your criteria for star, it seems like, are Hall of Famers in the prime of their career. That's fine, but teams win the World Series, 95+ games etc all of the time without having anyone like that on their roster.

Historically, players like Konerko, Carlos Delgado and Bobby Abreu were stars. You have to have a career at least in the Hall of Very Good. Guys that get HOF votes but don't get in. 

Edited by Jack Parkman