7/6 Twins @ Sox, 1:10 PM

SoxBlanco

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Has he played the OF during his rehab starts?  This is a dumb team.  

Yes he has, that's why he is back now. Playing the OF was part of  testing the hammy to see if it was going to hold up. Full games running in the OF and on the bases for multiple days in a row.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Sox really gonna do this Eloy in the OF thing, eh?  Certainly this is going to age poorly.

Also, why in the fuck does Leury need to play today?  Harrison played great last night, had a few hits and made a couple nice plays in the field.  Let him play 2B FFS. He's a better player than Leury. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Sox really gonna do this Eloy in the OF thing, eh?  Certainly this is going to age poorly.

Also, why in the fuck does Leury need to play today?  Harrison played great last night, had a few hits and made a couple nice plays in the field.  Let him play 2B FFS. He's a better player than Leury. 

6lygr9.jpg

21 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Eloy in left and Sheets in right. What the fuck.  Even with Robert in center that's still the worst outfield in baseball.  

Are we phoning it in on defense?

nY-2xGzAQt5ox1lhIXMjRqS7PoW83qrsrT6k27ZSGvA.jpg

15 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Since June 25, Sheets has sat 0 times, Pollack has sat 3 times.. wtf... 

Didn't you hear, he hits left handed? Also he has been decent since coming back up

Thank god I don't have to go to the one game I get to go this year and see the B team

2 hours ago, Highland said:

This year the Sox have had one long losing streak, and one long winning streak. Other than that, it has been a losing struggle to get over .500.  I don't think this club is now capable of an 8-2 or 9-1 run. Even if they win today, they let the Twins come into their ballpark and take the series. At this point, I don't know how the Sox are going to turn things around.

Hard to argue against all you said, looks like the rest of the season will be more of the same. I certainly hope not but as you said, not sure how the White Sox can get things turned around at this pace.

21 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Eloy in left and Sheets in right. What the fuck.  Even with Robert in center that's still the worst outfield in baseball.  

Defense has been a huge part of why this team has been as bad as it is - and as much as I rip on TLR - and it is clear the scouting reports / use of shifts is extremely sub-par, but the overall defensive talent was utterly awful too. You just can't have so many DH type of players.  And Andrew Vaughn is passable in an emergency role - but as an every day outfielder, he is absolutely AWFUL (like worst outfielder in the game awful - like makes El Caballo look like a gold glover awful). He just has ZERO range.  

Eloy isn't good - and he is still loads better than Vaughn and we also know Sheets can't play outfield either. He also has been pretty bad at the plate (albeit better last few weeks) but when you think of meh at best at the plate (which was his upside not his actual production) combined with awful defense and you are talking about a guy that is just not good.  Those things were all on Hahn and were known limitations going into the season.  They needed to retool the roster with some of the pieces to create a better overall team and dynamic and they absolutely failed to.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Burger must be on the IL with splinters in his ass because he hasn’t played 

Burger got hit with that pitch like three weeks ago and hasn't played much since so apparently the Sox chose to play one man short for the past three weeks rather than putting him on the IL and calling up a replacement.  This organization is pure shit.

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'd love it but we haven't been that team. We've been underperforming since July of last year. We are at the point of needing to remove Hahn as GM and firing TLR. 

We have been at that point for several weeks now.  It maybe too late now to save the season.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Didn't you hear, he hits left handed? Also he has been decent since coming back up

Thank god I don't have to go to the one game I get to go this year and see the B team

Pollock hasn't played RF since May 5th and is hitting .221/.265/.279 against RHP this season.  So yeah, I think he's now relegated to LF duty when Eloy DHs for as long as Eloy remains available.  

Not saying I agree with that, but that appears to be the "plan". 

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not if they are swinging early and often in the count and hitting pitches out of the zone weakly to right field.

This is exactly how striking out less is achieved. 

Going deep into counts increases the risk of striking out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Until ownership changes, does it really matter? 

Do you really think Jerry is going to hire a Tampa GM? 

What sense does it make to bring in an analytics guru when you have comatose manager and owner who are in the 20 th century and mostly ignore analytics. You need to move the whole organization into the 21 st century looking forward not backwards like now.