Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

On 7/12/2022 at 10:26 PM, T R U said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Again, this is an organization that hasn't fired a manager in season since the mid 90's and now were talking about Jerry's buddy.

Even when Ozzie quit on this team, he wasn't "Fired" they just kind of let him go on his own terms. And that was someone who pretty much insulted the organization.

I don't think jerry will fire him but maybe TLR would step down by himself if he sees that he doesn't hmm have it anymore. He could cite like family reasons for that for example to have an elegant way out.

9 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

I haven't agreed with the lineups all year but much of what has happened isn't Tony fault.

Plenty of people who hated him for his politics will pretend they are thrilled for baseball reasons of his firing. The reality is this team has way under achieved particular as it relates as to hitting and that is on the players but it's also on Tony for continuing to throw guys like Sheets out there when at least Engel would be giving you defense.

This is an absolute crock of shit. You have zero read on the situation. Zero. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Hawk 1

10 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

I haven't agreed with the lineups all year but much of what has happened isn't Tony fault.

Plenty of people who hated him for his politics will pretend they are thrilled for baseball reasons of his firing. The reality is this team has way under achieved particular as it relates as to hitting and that is on the players but it's also on Tony for continuing to throw guys like Sheets out there when at least Engel would be giving you defense.

This may have been the case when TLR was originally hired, but at this point, he's done enough stupid shit as manager that I'm judging him only on his decisions in baseball and not elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Hawk 2

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This may have been the case when TLR was originally hired, but at this point, he's done enough stupid shit as manager that I'm judging him only on his decisions in baseball and not elsewhere. 

NO ONE, except this guy, has talked about his politics in a year and a half.  Once the games started, no one cared about that anymore.  There was plenty of other idiotic stuff to keep people PLENTY busy.  In fact the only people that still bring up politics are his apologists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I believe that line is what is called “projection”

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I believe it's spelled "fragile".

He has a shtick to keep up with. No matter what happens, for guys like @wrathofhahn, once he believes it, NOTHING will change his mind. Logic and facts be damned. 

On 8/2/2021 at 11:12 PM, wrathofhahn said:

It isn't even that TLR been around the game longer then most of these know it all posters have been alive and has seen it all. He knows what the Indians did was reckless by calling a pitch high and inside with a pitcher who had lost his command.

He also articulated the issue of what happened perfectly and why he was upset/disappointed with the Indians and to be quite honest in the olden days the next Indians hitter would have gotten one right in the ribs. They didn't. So what exactly are the wusses on the board angry about? The fact he defended Abreu? Called out the Indians? If he didn't would they have been happy? Nope.

The reason? Their hatred of TLR is completely not related to baseball it isn't honestly even to do with his DUI. They are political bigots and they will continue to attack one the greatest managers of all time as somehow unqualified no matter how ridiculous he continues to make them look in the process.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:27 PM, wrathofhahn said:

I am not defending TLR the person I am defending him against bullshit narratives concocted by people who clearly have an axe to grind for reasons they refuse to admit publicly. I for the record didn't want him hired either but he is here and I have moved on and so should everyone else.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, wrathofhahn said:

And keep making up shit to fuel your one man crusade.

For the record I didn't want TLR hired either but it's pathetic to watch certain posters try to smear with him as a racist mainly because they don't like his politics and it's important to note for the context of the story Henderson and stewart directly refuted his comments.

He also for the record had runs in with plenty of white players including Rolen, Ludwick, Kline, JD Drew, Rasmus, Reyes and Edmonds over benchings and playing time.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, wrathofhahn said:

Not to mention TLR was upfront about the situation so it's not really TLR they should want fired it's the decision makers and shot callers in the organization who decided to hire him regardless.

Also going after advertisers is lame (there is another word I'd to use but it isn't board appropriate) I often wondered who these people were who would put that much time and effort into getting a person cancelled/trying to destroy their life because of a political disagreement anyways it reflects badly on them

If people feel that strongly they should just root for the cubs

On 11/13/2020 at 6:59 AM, wrathofhahn said:

The fake preening over Larussa DUI is getting a little much we all know what this is really about which is his politics.

Half this board wanted to sign legit awful people like Machado and Harper

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 5

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

He has a shtick to keep up with. No matter what happens, for guys like @wrathofhahn, once he believes it, NOTHING will change his mind. Logic and facts be damned. 

lmao "legit awful people like Machado and Harper" aged like already expired milk.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Wonder if Hahn and KW will use the ASB as a time to sit down with Tony and work out the extension?

If the Sox are only a game out at the break....absofrickintively.

• TLR 2

17 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Wonder if Hahn and KW will use the ASB as a time to sit down with Tony and work out the extension?

At very least, hipster Shane Riordan is wrong again. Tony won't be gone within the next few days. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, Tnetennba said:

Ozzie showing his ass on Twitter and putting this drama on the national stage will surely get him his old job back, right?  A job he quit after negotiating with another team while still under contract.  This is the clown some still want back?

Ozzie got me a WS title and I'll always be grateful. That team didn't dominate that postseason by itself. True managers don't do much but Ozz knew to let the starters start and have them pitch five innings! He pushed all the right buttons in a perfect postseason. Yes, this drama seals Oz's fate. it will remind teams they cannot hire Ozz cause he's 'the mouth that roars.' But Ozzie Guillen IN MY MIND is a genius and thanks Ozzie for the title. I do not care that he 'quit' on the team. KW wanted him out anyway and JR reluctantly was gonna choose KW over Ozzeroo.

Ozzeroo is like Ditka in terms of roaring. But he got me as a fan a title and I love Ozz.

• Hawk 1

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm sure he can drown his sorrows in some craft beers and then tweet the lyrics to some depressing indie band song at 2 AM

Then cook something awesome and wish Leila Rahimi was his girlfriend. (I mean, who wouldn’t?)

How come the Sox can't just get rid of managers like other teams? I prefer the Phils' way. Do it out of nowhere and have the team be 'shocked' into getting hot under the new manager. If Tony steps down over the break I'm going to lose it and yell out loud. If the Sox bring in AJP for the first game of the second half, that's stupid. Sox will probably go 0-5 and 1-9 and be out of the race and be stuck with AJP. Dumb organization IMO.

Edited by greg775
  • TLR 1

11 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

With a sweep Tony will be manager of the year and get a lifetime contract from KW/JR. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hoping for a sweep, but that doesn't mean Tony will suddenly become a good manager. Hopefully the team can overcome his bad ways and keep playing well.

Shane will be wrong but only because the Sox finally look like they are playing up to their capabilities and not because TLR doesn’t deserve to get canned.  When he said it, it definitely looked possible if they laid down and got their asses beat

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

With a sweep Tony will be manager of the year and get a lifetime contract from KW/JR. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Please note the only half cynical difference that the sweep would be making in this case is the manager of the year bit.

1 hour ago, tray said:

3/4 against the Twins going into the ASB takes all pressure off Sox management including Tony.  It doesn't matter what else you think. It's all about wins and losses and competing for the Division lead. 

Thanks Stan, but you don't have to worry. Tony is a made man.  No one can touch him no matter how bad here is.  If you think .500 at the all-star break is some sort of an achievement to be proud of, well bless your heart.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1