7/13-White Sox / Guardians - The Fall of TLR Begins —6:10

Vote4Pedro

2 righties. Both went on the IL earlier this year and struggled when they came back. Both have been a better than this in their careers. Both had ERAs in the 3.5-4.0 range in 2021. Both are 27 years old. 1.45 WHIP vs 1.44 WHIP this season. Civale gave up 1 run last time out against KC, Giolito (and his manager) gave up 5 last time out against Detroit. 

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

This how I feel about the White Sox!

IMG-20190726-WA0000.jpg

This is totally me with all Chicago sports 

I get pissed, say I'm going to quit, don't watch for a week or two, then inevitably realize how much I enjoy sports. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I get pissed, say I'm going to quit, don't watch for a week or two, then inevitably realize how much I enjoy sports. 

Admission is the first step. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lol, don't feel bad as there are plenty here who say they are going to quit watching or that they are done with this team and pronto, like magic they are back here again cheering the White Sox on.

Okay, last night was hopefully the start  of a nice winning streak so maybe, just maybe, this team can make a solid run at the top of the division. Seems like every time I think like that, the White Sox throw in a couple of clunkers to show me it ain't happening. Still a possibility for the White Sox to go 5-3 or 6-2 on this important road trip and really make up some ground on both the Indians and Twins. Gotta hope for the best but also be prepared for several more head scratching losses before the All-Star break. GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

oh my god we have something approaching the most competent lineup of the year

Yeah, it’s a good lineup, but I’ll change tomorrow win or lose. Somebody will trip over a paper cup in the dugout or one of the porcelain dolls need a day off. TLR Will figure a way to screw things up 

12 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

oh my god we have something approaching the most competent lineup of the year

I think it is the first time all season where the lineup reflects who should be in it.

Edited by CBJ03

14 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I see Toronto had the balls to fire their manager, and they’re in contention. JR, NO BALLS, HAHN, NO BALLS, WILLIAMS NO BALLS

Those aren’t the 2 who hired him. They wouldn’t be allowed to fire him