Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There have only been two seasons with more losses through June 30 than this season. The worst was of course also led by Rick Hahn

The other by Larry Himes who built the early 1990s "multi-championship contention window" closed by Jerry in 1994 when he cancelled a potential White Sox vs. Expos World Series.

Most White Sox Losses through June 30th (1901-2023):

1. 54 2018 (Rich Hahn)
  2. 50 1989 (Larry Himes)
  3. 48 2023 (Rick Hahn); 1998 (Ron Schueler); 1970 (Ed Short)
  • Ed Short was fired in September.
  • Larry Himes was fired one year later.
  • Ron Schueler was fired two years later.
  • Rick Hahn is here five years later, with no signs he is going anywhere.

Since Rick Hahn was GM, and he's one of the longest tenured in the business, the White Sox have had 1 season where the team was better than average and fans could attend games. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

Starters with a postseason win in the Rick Hahn multi-championship competitive window. One, Lucas Giolito.

Three more weeks until he gets the opportunity to pitch for a real team. We will miss you.

We will not miss Rick Hahn. Fire Rick Hahn.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Starters with a win in the Rick Hahn multi-championship competitive window. One, Lucas Giolito.

Three more weeks until he gets the opportunity to pitch for a real team. We will miss you.

We will not miss Rick Hahn. Fire Rick Hahn.

So only one starting pitcher has a win in the last 3 years? Somehow I’m not interpreting this correctly.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think he's posturing post season starting pitcher wins. 

That's what he means, and the Sox have a grand total of three post season wins since 2005. The team won't be getting any more with the likes of Burger and Sheets around. RIght now, you can add Vaughn, too.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 5:47 PM, kitekrazy said:

If they fire him it will be a lateral replacement.  Scouting and development remains the same.

Yes but Hahn should be held accountable for his failures. If his replacement is no better that is not a reason not to sack Hahn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Rick is still waiting for the team to wake up. He needs to wake up. It isn't happening. The sooner you start clearing tradeable pieces out, the better. They are worth more, and can't get hurt playing meaningless White Sox games. Remember when Hawk as the GM was a bad joke? .444 winning percentage. This team has a .429 winning percentage, and they still think they have a shot.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Rick is still waiting for the team to wake up. He needs to wake up. It isn't happening. The sooner you start clearing tradeable pieces out, the better. They are worth more, and can't get hurt playing meaningless White Sox games. Remember when Hawk as the GM was a bad joke? .444 winning percentage. This team has a .429 winning percentage, and they still think they have a shot.

Hahn also has three additional seasons worse than .444 (2013, 2017, 2018).

At least Hawk did a few positive things during the 10 months he had.

• Signed FA Carlton Fisk ($1.775M / 2 years).
  • Signed Craig Grebeck (8.8 Sox bWAR).
  • Acquired Ivan Calderon (8.5 Sox bWAR).

What has Hahn done over the previous 10 months.

• Eat $11M and 2 years on a utility player he signed in 2022 off-season.
  • Eat $4M on a failed reliever he acquired at July 2022 trade deadline.
  • Committed the largest White Sox contract of $75M to a LF who ranks 15th out of 20th among qualified LFers (fWAR) and has no-power.
  • Signed Clevinger who has already reached the IL twice in the first half for $12M. 
  • Dropped the same amount of games (13 games) from previous season in half the time the 1985-1986 team did, with likely further erosion after the trade deadline selloff.
  • Hired his third manager, with each hire as bad or worse than Hahn’s previous hire.
  • Like 3

On 7/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, Tony said:

Few days old but didn’t see it 

Wow, shocking a former Sox player leaves and lands on a wining club, where he does better and gets back on track.

Oh that's right, he ended up on the Rays. Amazing when a struggling pitcher who obviously had good stuff, works with a great winning organization that have knowledgeable coaches that can tweak his mechanics. 

It makes sense now why the Sox have the worst pitching staff numbers in both AA and AAA. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

On 7/3/2023 at 1:26 PM, Tony said:

Few days old but didn’t see it 

For some reason this is even more depressing than it should be. Normally it would not matter that a journeyman goes elsewhere and does some things... This.. this though is tough because it just further highlights how dire our situation truly is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm still trying to find the Rick Hahn interview, but I heard it a few days ago. I will paraphrase what I heard. He gave the same typical BS vague rhetoric, that he still believes the team is talented enough to win the division. He further said, which is irritating and delusional, that if the team does get into the playoffs, he thought they could do some "Damage."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

Would love for a media member to ask Hahn if he believes he deserves to keep his job and if so, what is the standard in which he judges his performance.

No media member is their right mind would ask your question using the words you stated.

They could ask it this way, "Rick the rebuild hasn't turned out like anyone hoped. Why should Sox fans believe the current front office can turn this situation around? Why should they continue to give the front office the benefit of the doubt?" 

just looked at Vaughns minor league numbers, i forget he didnt play at all in 2020. Vaughn has a total of ~60 games played in the minor leagues. Thats it. He never developed and his career looks like a big turd.

Its beyond me how anybody would want to be drafted by the White Sox. I'd instruct my agent to hang up on Hahn if he came calling. Would be better to take the year and try again.

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, reiks12 said:

just looked at Vaughns minor league numbers, i forget he didnt play at all in 2020. Vaughn has a total of ~60 games played in the minor leagues. Thats it. He never developed and his career looks like a big turd.

Its beyond me how anybody would want to be drafted by the White Sox. I'd instruct my agent to hang up on Hahn if he came calling. Would be better to take the year and try again.

maybe that's why we've had to pay over slot for college players in round two.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:53 AM, Lip Man 1 said:

We shouldn't be surprised. The Rays know what they are doing. 

It's only 12 innings. Our guys had a nice streak for a few months. Now the starting staff is getting injured and the hitters a little better but for the most part if any reliever gives up runs in a close game the Sox likely lose. And also now the BP will be overworked with BP games and Toussaint  making starts.

The Sox are set up for a very ugly run that may see them fall to 20 below .500 pre AS break.

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's only 12 innings. Our guys had a nice streak for a few months. Now the starting staff is getting injured and the hitters a little better but for the most part if any reliever gives up runs in a close game the Sox likely lose. And also now the BP will be overworked with BP games and Toussaint  making starts.

The Sox are set up for a very ugly run that may see them fall to 20 below .500 pre AS break.

Don't think that'll happen not enough games left but it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

And yes it's only 12 innings but he never even put that together since he came over last July with the Sox did he?