Rumor: White Sox might be for sale

Jack Parkman

Has Cuban even been in the mix since the Cubs? Doesn’t seem like he’s in the stuffy boys club enough for the rest of the MLB ownership. 

I can see the Harris/Blitzer duo being the next owners if there is a sale. I believe they got close to a 2B offer for the Mets and already own the Sixers and Devils. Don’t know enough about hockey to know why the Devils suck, but they have been spending well above the luxury tax and seemingly going for a championship with the Sixers. 

As has been discussed because of the tax hit, he's not selling. Heyman is just picking up the rumors that started on twitter last week from sources that with all due respect, I've never heard of.

Sox fans need to hope to outlive JR and see what new ownership brings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As has been discussed because of the tax hit, he's not selling. Heyman is just picking up the rumors that started on twitter last week from sources that with all due respect, I've never heard of.

Sox fans need to hope to outlive JR and see what new ownership brings.

Anything worth waiting for is worth having now, I always say.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If Mark Cuban isn't your first choice to be the next Sox owner, please explain why you're wrong.

With the 1% chance this does happen, think of his UC partner Rocky Wirtz, or some a local family like the Crown, Bluhm or Pritzker families.

Jerry will never sell to someone like Mark Cuban or someone else who would invest in the team and players, and look to cultivate new and existing fans. He wouldn't even vote approval for people like that to purchase another team.

17 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

As long a he is alive, he will never sell. He's on record that will never happen. I wish people would stop teasing us with these stories. JR thinks $1 paid to the government is $1 too much. He will NEVER pay the tax on the sale of the team. He'll leave it to one of his kids and let them pay the estate taxes. 

I think we all agree it's unlikely he sells. But those statements are largely from 15-20 years ago, right? He's cruising in to his late 80s now, while sports franchise values are going ballistic. Again, it's unlikely to happen, but the conditions are currently about as ripe as they will ever be for him to change his mind.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

With the 1% chance this does happen, think of his UC partner Rocky Wirtz, or some a local family like the Crown, Bluhm or Pritzker families.

Jerry will never sell to someone like Mark Cuban or someone else who would invest in the team and players, and look to cultivate new and existing fans. He wouldn't even vote approval for people like that to purchase another team.

How about Regenstein?  Stop buying buildings at the zoos and botanic gardens in the area and throw some $$ at the South Side.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

How about Regenstein?  Stop buying buildings at the zoos and botanic gardens in the area and throw some $$ at the South Side.

Too lowbrow. The riff raff fans and location.

Pass the Grey Poupon.

Edited by South Side Hit Men