Sox @ Rays: 540CT - Kopech vs. Faucher: The Turnaround Starts Now

ChiSox59

24 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Ricky and his team had fire, gave a s%*# and played hard for their manager. Hahn used Ricky as a scapegoat for his own failure to assemble more than two starters through the pathetic owner lockout /  60 game season. Hahn was so condescending and arrogant saying Ricky didn't meet expectations. Rick Hahn has zero redeeming qualities as a GM.

I hope Lucas, Anderson, Robert and others have great success after they leave this toxic organization. Also hope Jose Abreu wins a World Series before he retires, Hahn denied him of an opportunity despite Jose giving everything for this organization.

He had the right instinct to use Rodon out of the pen in 2020 (maybe not in that exact situation with runner on)... who would be one of the best pitchers in baseball the following season. 

Ofc if they had signed Wheeler instead of Keuchel everything turns out differently... then the Crochet injury on top of everything else. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

This is where I am.  You can’t get mad when it’s expected.  You just have to laugh.

I fully expected a melt down when Bummer came in tonight.  ReyLo coughing up the game was at least somewhat unexpected, while simultaneously being completely predictable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I fully expected a melt down when Bummer came in tonight.  ReyLo coughing up the game was at least somewhat unexpected, while simultaneously being completely predictable. 

4 homers in less than a month versus one all of last year...something like that. 

3 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Guys (and gals?), take a look at your business card. If it says “White Sox Fan.” Don’t be surprised by this outcome. It’s part of the deal.

In a way, it’s refreshing to know it won’t go well.

At least they'll end the suspense quickly unlike last year when you kept thinking "they're close to turning the corner..."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

At least they'll end the suspense quickly unlike last year when you kept thinking "they're close to turning the corner..."

At LEAST during the rebuild we had a loaded minors to follow...heck, even Viciedo/Beckham at BIRM for 6 weeks was fun back in the day. 

This is just bleak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Robert kept Tampa in it 

The Colas strike out on a ball one foot off the plate with the bases loaded didn’t help either.  This is a recurring problem for the Sox, the lack of plate discipline and inability to hit a breaking pitch.  On the positive side, the Sox took 8 walks today.

• Like 1

I follow the Sox no matter what. I don't let them affect my mood. Sucks to lose and all but nothing we can do about it. I enjoy baseball too much. I'll keep my eyes on Outman, Garrett ,Nootbaar, Kelenic, Varsho and be happy some of my off season suggestions for the last couple years are doing well.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Reynaldo can't close. Mental midget

You can point to this and that during the game, but this loss is 99.9% on Reynaldo.

A devastating loss. This blown game is up there with Engel dropping that foul ball last year. 

Reylo served that win to TB on a dish. He just showed that he can’t be the closer. Pick someone else, whoever. He can’t be any worse.

59 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You can point to this and that during the game, but this loss is 99.9% on Reynaldo.

A devastating loss. This blown game is up there with Engel dropping that foul ball last year. 

Reylo served that win to TB on a dish. He just showed that he can’t be the closer. Pick someone else, whoever. He can’t be any worse.

Engel and Moncada not tagging against Minnesota/Buxton and getting caught trying to get back...the Josh Naylor disaster early in the season that really set the tone, kust too many to count. 

Pollock dropping balls in the outfield that almost landed on his head when he was foolishly inserted in RF. 

Let's not get started with walking Dodgers down two strikes to face Muncy or almost never getting a challenge for replay right. 

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Good Cueto and Andrus... Abreu>Benintendi and Hendriks out. 

You’re silly if you think the Abreu and Beni comparison is good. Not signing Abreu allowed you to move a fatty to their natural position and moves another fatty to permanent DH. It’s not hard to use your brain sometimes

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I follow the Sox no matter what. I don't let them affect my mood. Sucks to lose and all but nothing we can do about it. I enjoy baseball too much. I'll keep my eyes on Outman, Garrett , Kelenic, Varsho and be happy some of my off season suggestions for the last couple years are doing well.

Instead of a complete rebuild, I was thinking of the 2004-2005 moves that were made. Lee dealt, Magglio leaves, Contreras arrives and Hernandez arrives. If they are stuck with the owner and FO they have, why not figure out possible moves to retool at the deadline and offseason. Like, not specifically players to target but positions of need and what they could do about filling those roles.

I would be thrilled if they moved on from and traded any number of guys from the team to get better. But not a rebuild, a retooling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zisk said:

It's kinda weird, but in Vegas this would probably be an even money bet.

Probably. I’ll still bet anyone good money that they’ll win a game in April and frankly I think they’ll win a game in this series.

12 hours ago, Goober said:

Lololol so glad I took the Rays at +245 in the 7th inning, knew that was easy money

Honestly, same.

I’ve also been wondering with either the starters giving up lots of runs or the relievers giving up lots of runs every game if betting the over every game would be worth it haha

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Your starter giving up 4 in the first, 5 in 5 innings also needs to be blamed.

Edit: for some reason, if you were a "top prospect", was seen as someone with top "potential", was seen as someone with "great up-side and talent" you are shielded from criticism by some people.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2