4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Loving the MVP chant and Haseley delivers!!!

They should play him until he is cold and sit Robert until that happens. At least the guy from AAA looks like he gives a s%*#.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow. Nice comeback. Glad to see them celebrate.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about them celebrating at first but then I saw some relief from the guys who still give a s%*# (Vaughn, Jimenez, Haseley and Andrus to name a few) and I was happy for them.

I was about to go shower and had my towel in my arm and my hand on the power button on my remote. I couldn’t bring myself to turn it off knowing they still had a chance and after sitting through last night’s disappointing and deflating loss.

Although many of you have given up, hate Hahn and are frustrated with the team, I do see some bright spots with some players sometimes. It makes me wonder where they would be if Anderson, Moncada and Hendriks all played throughout this losing streak.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Luckily, Luis dogged it on Saturday so the man Adam Haseley could lead us to the promised land.

Would have played anyway. Really was in for Benintendi. Sadly, Haseley and Benintendi are very similar players. College guys who were top ten picks based on potential to play center and big power years as Juniors with aluminum bats. Both are sub-optimal exit velo guys who are best in left field. One of them has a much better track record, but is also gonna make $75 mil.

13 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Bummer and Diekman. The dynamic duo......for the other team.

It's not like Graveman, Middleton, and Lopez are throwing lights out. Who's really getting anyone out? Kelly, sometimes, and Santos in limited, low leverage situations. The rest of the pen has been a Crimean oil storage facility.

Edited by Timmy U
  • Like 1

That was a great comeback and great clutch hitting at the end, especially from Vaughn. I'm happy they could feel a comeback and actually celebrate a win. 

However before everyone goes crazy about Haseley as I've read with several comments. Some of you seem to forget that Adam Haseley was up last year and he was bad. He had 5 hits in 21 AB's in 14 games in 2022. Don't forget also, he was the player who collided with Danny Mendick because of his stupidity of not calling for correctly or loud enough the flyball that cost Mendick a season ending torn ACL. 

One game doesn't change anything. Are we always going to score like this going forward? If this is that miraculous turn around then great. I need to see it consistently first.

This bullpen still sucks and the worst in baseball and they are never going to score enough to make up for it. 

This is baseball and every bad team now and then can win a game and beat a better team. Let's pump the brakes for a moment, before we plan the parade with Rick Hahn.