Óscar Colás reportedly being promoted, expected to join club tomorrow

Sleepy Harold

• Sleepy Harold changed the title to Óscar Colás reportedly being promoted, expected to join club tomorrow

I wonder if this means Eloy is going back on the IL? 

DVS of the Sun-Times wrote today he was pulled Sunday because he wasn't feeling well. Grifol said that he "was fine." But of course Grifol always says a player is fine then they go on the IL.

Guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A possible Eloy IL stint would keep him in the lineup.

Sad when a players best skill is health. Grifol would play Sheets in the OF and have Colas DH or give Colas a day off after going 2for3.

Edited by kitekrazy

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wonder if this means Eloy is going back on the IL? 

DVS of the Sun-Times wrote today he was pulled Sunday because he wasn't feeling well. Grifol said that he "was fine." But of course Grifol always says a player is fine then they go on the IL.

Guess we'll see.

50% chance he had to use the bathroom.

Hopefully this is for Sheets. Frazier needs to go down, too, but Sheets and Colas are lefties and it doesn't make sense to keep both. It's probably for Frazier, though, because this team loves Sheets. I guess Sheets could be used in a Matt Stairs type role if Frazier goes down, but that probably won't work very well since Sheets sucks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It was ridiculous they gave him like 80 PA and sent him down. I get you don't want to hurt his confidence but that's what the coaches are for, right? Anyways, bring him up and park him in RF for the rest of the year so we can start to see what we have. No more Sheets.

It was the right call imo. He was awful in his short time and never should have broke camp with the club to begin with. That said, he should definitely be back in chicago now that they got the year of control back. 

cya Frazier. That dude was awful. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It was ridiculous they gave him like 80 PA and sent him down. I get you don't want to hurt his confidence but that's what the coaches are for, right? Anyways, bring him up and park him in RF for the rest of the year so we can start to see what we have. No more Sheets.

Yeah, I agree it was ridiculous. He went down there and performed though so I wouldn't be too worried about his confidence.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It was the right call imo. He was awful in his short time and never should have broke camp with the club to begin with. That said, he should definitely be back in chicago now that they got the year of control back. 

To be fair, his 76 at bats weren't really that far off from the results of a lot of the regulars in the lineup. Like you said though, getting that control back was worth it alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

So not only did Colas not work out for the Sox in the first half of the season, the only reason he broke camp with the club was because the Sox made zero effort to upgrade RF in the offseason and put all their eggs in the preverbal "Oscar Colas basket" when he clearly wasn't ready. 

They're really fantastic at compounding their own self-inflicted wounds. 

• Like 5

I hope we see the Colas we thought we were going to get in April, it looks like he’s ready based on his last few weeks in Charlotte. 
Let’s hope we’ve seen the last of Frazier, he was terrible yesterday and on top of it was working on his batting stance between pitches while out in right field, that’s a no-no and I like the story that Beckham told yesterday about one day he was doing the same thing and Paul Konerko chewed him out telling him don’t ever let me see you doing that again.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1