Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no doubt the attendance will suffer even more in 2024. The current Sox attendance has the #1 largest decrease in MLB from 2022 attendance figures. The way this season will implode even more, there is no doubt the 2024 attendance will continue to decline further. Hopefully it's a worst decline so maybe it finally wakes up the demented JR to clean house.

It will increase if they win. decrease if they lose. All of the rest of it really doesn't matter in the big picture for attendance.

Everyone hated what the the Ricketts did with Marquee and some said they wouldn't go because of politics. They have started winning, attendance is up.

17 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no doubt the attendance will suffer even more in 2024. The current Sox attendance has the #1 largest decrease in MLB from 2022 attendance figures. The way this season will implode even more, there is no doubt the 2024 attendance will continue to decline further. Hopefully it's a worst decline so maybe it finally wakes up the demented JR to clean house.

Again attendance is important but not as important as it was the outside revenue sources both domestic and international have never been higher now that MLB is a 10 billion dollar industry.

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It will increase if they win. decrease if they lose. All of the rest of it really doesn't matter in the big picture for attendance.

Everyone hated what the the Ricketts did with Marquee and some said they wouldn't go because of politics. They have started winning, attendance is up.

First of all, please don't compare the Sox attendance to the Cubs. That is apples to oranges for many reasons.

Secondly, no sh*t the attendance will pick up if the Sox win a lot in 2024. However please share with us what logical facts make you think the Sox will be a winning team in 2024, other than blinded fandom?

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Again attendance is important but not as important as it was the outside revenue sources both domestic and international have never been higher now that MLB is a 10 billion dollar industry.

I completely agree and understand that, but that wasn't my point. The poster suggested this ream being bad again next year will drop attendance even more and I was agreeing with him. The fact is, per Baseball America, the 2023 Sox are the #1 largest decreasing attendance from 2022 for all 30 teams. I get there are other revenue streams for baseball owners, but I was simply focusing on Sox attendance which will go down in 2024, if they continue to struggle winning games.

• Hawk 1

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It is not up from when “everyone” made the declarations you are stating. 34k per game is 11% lower than 2015-2019.

57 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

First of all, please don't compare the Sox attendance to the Cubs. That is apples to oranges for many reasons.

Secondly, no sh*t the attendance will pick up if the Sox win a lot in 2024. However please share with us what logical facts make you think the Sox will be a winning team in 2024, other than blinded fandom?

I wasn't comparing the Sox and Cubs attendance. Just showing that even the Cubs attendance is predicated on winning.

Never said the Sox would win next year. Only said that all of the factors you stated really won't change the attendance. Only winning or losing really changes attendance.

Edited by ptatc

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I completely agree and understand that, but that wasn't my point. The poster suggested this ream being bad again next year will drop attendance even more and I was agreeing with him. The fact is, per Baseball America, the 2023 Sox are the #1 largest decreasing attendance from 2022 for all 30 teams. I get there are other revenue streams for baseball owners, but I was simply focusing on Sox attendance which will go down in 2024, if they continue to struggle winning games.

People continue to make the argument that attendance doesn't matter, completely false.  It's not just about $$$ in ticket sales, bad attendance creates a domino effect in a lot of other revenue sources.  Empty stadiums are a marketing nightmare.

A team cannot solely operate on TV revenue and revenue sharing.   You have to still be a marketable product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

People continue to make the argument that attendance doesn't matter, completely false.  It's not just about $$$ in ticket sales, bad attendance creates a domino effect in a lot of other revenue sources.  Empty stadiums are a marketing nightmare.

A team cannot solely operate on TV revenue and revenue sharing.   You have to still be a marketable product.

Absolutely...BUT it's no longer "make or break" like it was back in the 1950's, 60's and 70's, 

It's a part of the overall health of a franchise but it is no longer the main part, not any longer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You're absolutely right and it would be a marketing and image nightmare. Maybe that is exactly what Jerry needs to finally wake up by having the attendance go back to the years between 1966-1970, when over those four years the Sox averaged 680,641 for the year which was an average of 8,348 per game. I sincerely hope if Jerry is going to continue to be stupid and stubborn and not get rid of this front office, then he deserves to have to watch fans stop going to further embarrass him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Burn it down and rebuild in a new city. 

Without a new owner, this will only kill the team off completely. Nobody is going to follow the White Sox if JR moves them, and good luck drawing new fans. It would be an utter disaster.

There's no reason for a new owner to rebuild in a new city, either. The market is here, and where are you going to find a BETTER market?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Without a new owner, this will only kill the team off completely. Nobody is going to follow the White Sox if JR moves them, and good luck drawing new fans. It would be an utter disaster.

There's no reason for a new owner to rebuild in a new city, either. The market is here, and where are you going to find a BETTER market?

He's destroying this market for the team. They are a fucking joke. The causal fans are flocking to the north side, likely to leave forever. Another generation will be lost. 

In a one team market they can sell MLB and all the away teams. They can sell the promise of better times. We know JR and Co. will never contend again. They can't fool us anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many of the issues concerning player behavior apparently involved the pitching staff/bullpen. Whether they were true or not, Katz probably should go.  My guess is that Coop and other old school pitching coaches would not have countenanced any shenanigans.  

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Reported as fake news in the game thread, as his name was displayed the second inning he took the mound.

That said, would have been OK with it. 

Then later corrected (again) as possibly NOT fake news lol.

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, tray said:

Many of the issues concerning player behavior apparently involved the pitching staff/bullpen. Whether they were true or not, Katz probably should go.  My guess is that Coop and other old school pitching coaches would not have countenanced any shenanigans.  

The thing is Katz isn't in the bullpen during games, The name omitting for Middleton is so petty.

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

If intentional, it's petty AF. 

If it isn't intentional, it's one of the most coincidental things ever. After watching Rick Hahn and Pedro on Monday, you can't believe anything this organization says. They really think we are the dumbest people on the planet.

• Thanks 1