Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Bump

Grifol is trying to reach Jim Boylen legendary status in just over one season.

Pedro has and will likely continue to be stuck with the worst rosters in MLB.  That said, only Bevington and La Russa 2.0 are in the running with Pedro in terms of worst Sox managers since I started watching in 1975.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pedro has and will likely continue to be stuck with the worst rosters in MLB.  That said, only Bevington and La Russa 2.0 are in the running with Pedro in terms of worst Sox managers since I started watching in 1975.

This organization just cannot get out of its own way. Until JR dies it will continue to be this way until the new owner guts everyone in the organization and brings in someone with a fresh perspective 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

On 3/10/2024 at 9:03 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Always hated Jerry Manuel. Worst in game manager ever. He was even worse than sleeping Tony.

Doesn't trying harder (what else could putting the pedal to the metal even mean?) usually end up with the exact opposite of the intended effect, where letting your emotions get involved is simply going to exacerbate the problem (playing free and easy) instead of fixing it?

Or he just means the first two weeks of moral victories when the team has such a putrid record are suddenly over with...that results are now starting to matter all of a sudden?

29 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If there were an award for nonsensical word salad, Pedro would be the run away winner. What the actual f*** does that combination of words even mean?

Loosely translated it means "I am sooooooo f'ing over my head in this job I'm just making s%*# up to sound remotely competent. Clearly, I've failed with this quote, I'll do better next time". 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Always hated Jerry Manuel. Worst in game manager ever. He was even worse than sleeping Tony.

I really hated the "empower our players to succeed" buzz-phrases. Corporate speak sucks @ss. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wonder if Chuck vomits a little bit every time he talks to Grifol.

Chuck works with and loves, Ozzie. Ozzie thinks and knows Pedro is a clown and probably tells Chuck that every night. This quote is ridiculous. If you have to do something, do it. Don't say you have to do it to a reporter. He's a joke, and everyone knows it except the White Sox front office.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

If there were an award for nonsensical word salad, Pedro would be the run away winner. What the actual f*** does that combination of words even mean?

Have you heard our Vice President speak?

Sorry to bring politics into the conversation, but I think we can all agree that she wins the nonsensical word salad Olympics.

20 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Have you heard our Vice President speak?

Sorry to bring politics into the conversation, but I think we can all agree that she wins the nonsensical word salad Olympics.

"Tremendous bad management of entitlements. There’s tremendous amounts of things and numbers of things you can do. So I don’t necessarily agree with the statement. I know they're going to end up weakening Social Security because the country is weak. I mean, take a look at the stock market, our, what we're going through hell.  People have, I believe that number is 50%. They say 32 and 33%, I believe we have a cumulative inflation of over 50%."

8 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Chuck works with and loves, Ozzie. Ozzie thinks and knows Pedro is a clown and probably tells Chuck that every night. This quote is ridiculous. If you have to do something, do it. Don't say you have to do it to a reporter. He's a joke, and everyone knows it except the White Sox front office.

All three of them are a joke and need to be flushed if a competent owner ever takes over. All three are ass kissing cronies.

Plus you have Ozzie still angling for an MLB managerial job, even an interim one he felt he deserved over Ricky and Pedro (probably Tony as well, but knows better than to cross his boss).

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s like a train wreck any time a reporter puts a mic in front of his stupid face.  Here, he sounds like one of my kids obviously lying when I ask him if he did his homework.

If this ends with a Lee Elia type rant, this one year plus will have been worth it.

Profanity - Viewer discretion is advised.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Might be the single dumbest comment I have ever heard in my entire life

If Fletcher is the starting RF and Toussaint the #5 starter, or both Shaw and Chavez make the bullpen...

Actually, Lee was one of the best players in camp this spring and never even had a chance.

Hearing crap like this actually has a NEGATIVE impact on ticket sales.   Boyer's department must be considering a gag order at this point in the proceedings.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Might be the single dumbest comment I have ever heard in my entire life

There are certain things in life I can't stand about a person. A kiss ass is one of them. And this guy has it in spades. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1