Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

It will be for an interim Montoyo or permanent La Russa, because Jerry isn't going to pay a for two managers (Pedro and new external hire), four FO guys (Tony/Getz plus Kenny/Hahn) and Leury. Still has ten $1.5M payments due to Hendriks, with the first Liam Day this July 1st.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

49 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

He is here all season. I can’t believe people are convincing themselves otherwise.

I tend to agree.  Reinsdorf and Getz know the team is going to suck regardless.  The offseason was all about cutting payroll.  Is Jerry really going to want to eat Grifol’s salary and pay another manager for this year?

But I guess it may not matter much if Grifol is getting paid near what he is worth.  🤣

42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I tend to agree.  Reinsdorf and Getz know the team is going to suck regardless.  The offseason was all about cutting payroll.  Is Jerry really going to want to eat Grifol’s salary and pay another manager for this year?

But I guess it may not matter much if Grifol is getting paid near what he is worth.  🤣

I said it months ago and I still believe it. They will keep him around so they can fire him after the season so as to appear that they are making the right moves to keep fans satisfied. They know they aren’t competing this year, so they have to keep someone to take the fall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I said it months ago and I still believe it. They will keep him around so they can fire him after the season so as to appear that they are making the right moves to keep fans satisfied. They know they aren’t competing this year, so they have to keep someone to take the fall.

Ah, this season’s fall guy, just like how Hahn and Kenny were at the end of last season.  Makes sense.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So how does this happen?  It appears that Grifol and the rest of the team didn’t notice it right away and Jason Bourgeois obviously didn’t let anyone know that he ate too many spicy tacos last night and was going to be on the shitter for an extended period of time.  But all they had to do was sub in another coach to man first base while Bourgeois was dealing with his diarrhea.  Great communication on this coaching staff.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So how does this happen?  It appears that Grifol and the rest of the team didn’t notice it right away and Jason Bourgeois obviously didn’t let anyone know that he ate too many spicy tacos last night and was going to be on the shitter for an extended period of time.  But all they had to do was sub in another coach to man first base while Bourgeois was dealing with his diarrhea.  Great communication on this coaching staff.

Maybe was doing a Satchel Paige and simply didn't expect anyone to reach base...why even go out there, just like Paige's fielders knew the ball wouldn't be put in play.

9 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

He is here all season. I can’t believe people are convincing themselves otherwise.

I think there is a very slim chance he is here all season.  Pedro is the laughing stock of baseball and I truly believe the only reason he’s being kept around (other than to help Jerry’s wallet) is to be the sacrificial lamb for a shitty team in transition as we wait for our main prospects to reach the majors.  At some point the losses will be too immense not to do something in season or Getz will bring heat upon himself.  My guess is that will be sometime between Memorial Day and the All Star break.

• Like 1

Mully and Haugh on The Score are clowning the Sox about first base coach Jason Bourgeois being AWOL.  They both think he had the runs.  They just played audio of the Braves broadcast in which they shredded the Sox for not having a first base coach ready, as you can listen to in the video posted above.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Mully and Haugh on The Score are clowning the Sox about first base coach Jason Bourgeois being AWOL.  They both think he had the runs.  They just played audio of the Braves broadcast in which they shredded the Sox for not having a first base coach ready, as you can listen to in the video posted above.

We’ve all been in that situation where you’re in a public place and you just have to go. Then when you come back you know that everyone knows you were gone too long to have just been peeing, but you gotta hope that nobody calls you out. Poor Bourgeois just had that happen on a National scale.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

We’ve all been in that situation where you’re in a public place and you just have to go. Then when you come back you know that everyone knows you were gone too long to have just been peeing, but you gotta hope that nobody calls you out. Poor Bourgeois just had that happen on a National scale.

Or maybe he thought he had to fart. He didn't have to fart.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Pedro could have helped him out and maybe sent someone out to man the base for an inning but nope just a few shots of the entire dugout looking confused 

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

52 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Pedro could have helped him out and maybe sent someone out to man the base for an inning but nope just a few shots of the entire dugout looking confused 

I was actually worried something bad happened to him in the clubhouse, like a Farquhar situation.

Edited by fathom

14 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Getz will be another loyalty over performance guy.  That's why they get all of the Royals people.

• Like 1

He's been the manager for 1 season and 4 games. He can win his next 43 games and still be under .500  All the time telling us the team on the field was a good one.Fire this clown. Let someone else drive his stupid train.

Edited by Dick Allen