Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

59 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Dan Evans was with the Dodgers after he left the Sox. Going back Roland Hemond took over as GM of the Orioles and won an Executive of the Year Award and of course Dave Dombrowski who Hawk fired because he was Roland's protegee has had great success with numerous organizations. 

Toronto supposedly wanted to hire KW, but that was blocked at the time by JR.

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Once Grifol is fired, will he go the way of other Sox managers and front office personnel to not get another job in baseball?

Haven't heard anything about Hahn. I've wondered if somebody in MLB has hired him.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tomas said:

What idiot hired this manager?  What idiot hired this GM?  I have never been this dissatisfied with the performance of this mediocre team.     

They’re not mediocre.

They’re absolutely horrendous.

• Like 4
  • Paper Bag 1

8 hours ago, Tomas said:

This team is a disgrace.  The manager should have been fired during last season.  The choice for GM was pathetic.  The on field product is poor.

https://fansided.com/2018/04/03/yasmany-tomas-bust-contract-new-team/

Maybe we can bring back your namesake for some excitement.

Bauer and Puig could hardly make things any worse.

Right now, we're so anonymous the Sox can't even be the Raiders or Washington Commanders/Redskins of ineptitude.

Not even sure what dignity is remaining...just past history and a recognizable brand/image.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I think Pedro is an awful manager but theres nobody past or present thats going to manage this team from losing 115. 

That’s beside the point now. Losing 115 or whatever is a given. They need different leadership and direction.

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Why? Why does it matter who manages this team? There's not a single player that will be here when this team is somehow competitive again. Who gives a f*** who manages these losers?

I’d like to see them oromote Jirscele and let him grow into the job. JR isn’t going to pay for a top manager. So let Jirschel manage. Let him make mistakes when it doesn’t matter. See if he becomes  a good manager, instead of waiting until the team may be relevant and hiring a guy like Pedro who aces interviews but sucks when it’s time to do the job.

Spoiler

R

• Like 1

Let’s not forget Pedro was the manager of last years circus 🎪 He was the man in charge of that locker room of dysfunction. Because Jerry wanted to save a few pennies, he gets to stay in charge this season? WOW. That’s dogcrap. Getz has already saved Jerry millions with his roster destruction. Fire his ass and let’s move forward. 

45 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Let’s not forget Pedro was the manager of last years circus 🎪 He was the man in charge of that locker room of dysfunction. Because Jerry wanted to save a few pennies, he gets to stay in charge this season? WOW. That’s dogcrap. Getz has already saved Jerry millions with his roster destruction. Fire his ass and let’s move forward. 

I think it will ultimately hurt Getz if he doesn’t.  By not firing him, he’s already communicating to the organization that results don’t matter.  Not just losing, but performing poorly is “OK” now “in the big picture” way.  That is why their culture has been in the tank for so long.  Hahn and Williams justified SO MUCH LOSING, going through repeated tanks and rebuilds.  

Justifying losing for any reason—whether it’s to tank or save money, whatever it may be, is difficult to get back.  The person who justifies it is usually the person who has to leave before winning matters to everyone again.  To think a team conditioned to justify losing for someone for so long will just all of a sudden be able to win for that same person is nonsense. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I’d like to see them oromote Jirscele and let him grow into the job. JR isn’t going to pay for a top manager. So let Jirschel manage. Let him make mistakes when it doesn’t matter. See if he becomes  a good manager, instead of waiting until the team may be relevant and hiring a guy like Pedro who aces interviews but sucks when it’s time to do the job.

Reveal hidden contents

This.  s%*# can Pedro.  Promote Jirschele to manager.  

Just now, Scott Merkin Fan said:

Mike North on Barstool Chicago's Mid Show two weeks ago said he doesn't believe this ever happened, FWIW

I can't think of many things worth less in this world than Mike North's opinion.`

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1