Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

I just don’t want Pedro to be the guy teaching the young guys on this team how to be major leaguers.  I totally recognize that this team could be managed by prime Bobby Cox and still lose 100, but Pedro honestly does not add any sort of value to this team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I just don’t want Pedro to be the guy teaching the young guys on this team how to be major leaguers.  I totally recognize that this team could be managed by prime Bobby Cox and still lose 100, but Pedro honestly does not add any sort of value to this team. 

This is exactly where I stand. They suck and will suck, but why let this guy do any more damage. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Correct. Eventually at some point this year we will see a couple of the young guys make an appearance. He should not have a single conversation with them, let alone fill out a lineup card.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The Cubs have the worst injury issues in baseball, and they’re about to be 13 games up on the Sox

Why if I told you 4 years ago, when we all had visions of a “championship window.”  That on April 25th, 2024…the fucking Cubs would have five times as many wins as the White Sox?  People would’ve rolled over laughing.

At this point leaving Grifol in there shows fans, players etc that Jerry doesn't give an F. It's so apparent we are all just a bunch of morons for watching this team. Jerry is the worst owner in sports. Can't take it anymore.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ozzfest said:

At this point leaving Grifol in there shows fans, players etc that Jerry doesn't give an F. It's so apparent we are all just a bunch of morons for watching this team. Jerry is the worst owner in sports. Can't take it anymore.

Jerry doesn’t give a f***.  That’s why I’m at least somewhat confident that Grifol might be here through the rest of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Jerry doesn’t give a f***.  That’s why I’m at least somewhat confident that Grifol might be here through the rest of the season.

I also don't believe Nashville is going to happen. I think Jerry and fam control this team for another 5-10 years. 

7 minutes ago, ozzfest said:

I also don't believe Nashville is going to happen. I think Jerry and fam control this team for another 5-10 years. 

There’s a zero percent chance MLB allows this team to move to Nashville and Jerry wouldn’t do it either because it tanks the valuation for when it’s sold after he passes.  It’s smoke and mirrors to try and get the state to renew the criminally favorable lease terms at GRF.

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

Sox were 2-9 now 3-22. 

that's literally in the handbook of fireable offenses i'm pretty sure

we need something to go viral, their horrific baseball isn't enough

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The 2021 White Sox won 93 games with Robert missing 94 games, Eloy missing 107, and TA missing 39.

Bob Nightingale said that TLR deserved a plaque for managing that team to 93 wins. He may not be wrong. 

• Like 1

Forgive me but I'm very upset. Grifol is a stooge. My gosh.

So you go 3-0 with Pham and it's obvious Pham and Mendick are two guys who actually are worthy of a spot on the big league roster.

So he rests Pham cause he had no spring training. Are you serious Grifol??? Your team has a chance to start winning some games and go from historically bad to just bad and you REST PHAM?? After three fricking games? That's what they said on the radio. He was rested tonight cause he had no spring training,

You'd think Grifol would want to ride the hot bat and win a fourth in a row against a Minnie team that embarrased the Sox in Minnie. Instead they bench Pham and let him pinch hit once.

This resting of players in the big leagues is a fricking joke. Thanks Pedro. You are a buffoon. I bet he was so proud of himself making sure to rest Pham after three games.

Just resign. Three games and he's tired??? Gawd I'm angry.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

So you go 3-0 with Pham and it's obvious Pham and Mendick are two guys who actually are worthy of a spot on the big league roster.

So he rests Pham cause he had no spring training. Are you serious Grifol??? Your team has a chance to start winning some games and go from historically bad to just bad and you REST PHAM?? After three fricking games? That's what they said on the radio. He was rested tonight cause he had no spring training,

You'd think Grifol would want to ride the hot bat and win a fourth in a row against a Minnie team that embarrased the Sox in Minnie. Instead they bench Pham and let him pinch hit once.

This resting of players in the big leagues is a fricking joke. Thanks Pedro. You are a buffoon. I bet he was so proud of himself making sure to rest Pham after three games.

After a week of spring training, dudes are still starting every other day, and playing three innings. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's honestly a joke that baseball players today don't play every game. This used to be the norm. Now it's extremely rare.

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's honestly a joke that baseball players today don't play every game. This used to be the norm. Now it's extremely rare.

Nah those guys wrecked their bodies and had short careers.  I understand the process of staying healthy and I actually understand sitting Pham because dude has been at home since the season started.  

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Athletes are also just bigger, faster and stronger now.

Remember when it was a big deal for a pitcher to throw 100, but now every org seemingly has several guys capable of hitting 100?

It used to be a thing to hit 95 on a regular basis.

36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It used to be a thing to hit 95 on a regular basis.

I watched Major League the other night for the first time in a long time, and they were all creaming their pants because Rick Vaughn threw 96 MPH.