Sox conducting internal interviews to see if dramatic changes are needed

Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

I would only take this seriously if they brought in a proper baseball exec (like an Epstein) and that new exec would be doing the interviewing.

This could be a genuine effort, but I’m also still waiting for Elisha Cuthbert to return my email from 15 years ago to ask her out.

Elisha Cuthbert in House of Wax 🍆🍆

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

If JR has been doing these interviews, who exactly has he been speaking with associated with the team the last 2 seasons?  Shouldn’t he have asked most people what exactly is going on here 1000 times by now? If he can’t see he needs a new manager, new coaches, a new GM, and new developmental people, it is beyond hope. Sell the team JR. Spend the rest of your years counting your money, and give the rest of us hope we may actually cheer for a good team more than once or twice a decade.

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1

I also don’t know how or why you could keep KW if you fire Hahn. Then you would be saying Hahn was fucking up, KW knew this but let him slide? I could see an instance or two you disagree with what he wants to do but you let it go because that is his job. But to let it go to the extent the team gets to this point? They all need to go. Make sure there is room in the clown car out of town for Haber and Getz,

All these guys were giddy about Pedro Grifol, one of thw worst managers in team history. He almost makes Terry Bevington look competent.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The fact that they have to conduct interviews to see if changes are needed is telling. They obviously can’t determine that by the results.

30 games under .500 is quite bad....they aren't there yet....better do those internal interviews now before they get there.

11 minutes ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

First thing I thought of when I read about this was The Gathering of the Ents from Lord of the Rings. 

Wait, was this rebuild on Old Entish Time? Maybe we have been overly harsh to consider results so soon??

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

First thing I thought of when I read about this was The Gathering of the Ents from Lord of the Rings. 

After four days: “weeeeeeee have just agreeeed, that we won’t win the 2023 World Series …..”

Edited by RTC
  • Haha 3

Bobs column next week will probably say JR has finished his interviews and the consensus is the Sox struggles were the fault of Middleton, Lynn, Kelly, and Graveman, and luckily they were able to get rid of all of them, and pick up some can’t miss prospects in the meantime.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

While this is way too late - I still think of this as a good thing. Kind of like the stuff that came out with the Bulls right before they changed the whole front office setup etc.

Not saying the Bulls hires have worked out - but this has a similar feel of what happened prior to major changes. 

• Like 5
  • Hawk 1