Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team

bmags

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

The knock against the Sox is unlike Wrigley where there are tons of places to go, after Sox games you go home 

I understand that. The Sox aren't the Cubs though. When the majority of your games are at night, do you really need a bunch of bars in the neighborhood on a Wednesday night? The Sox have a marketing problem. Really, they have a winning problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

I understand that. The Sox aren't the Cubs though. When the majority of your games are at night, do you really need a bunch of bars in the neighborhood on a Wednesday night? The Sox have a marketing problem. Really, they have a winning problem. 

Absolutely 👍. Plus Sox fans work the next day :)

A plus is that you can tailgate before Sox games

5 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's not at all off the redline or train.

One problem now is a lot of safety concerns on the Red Line. That applies to the Cubs too, but the South Side has a worse reputation fair or not. I typically take the Red Line. It always reeks of weed and cigarettes now. 

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

One problem now is a lot of safety concerns on the Red Line. That applies to the Cubs too, but the South Side has a worse reputation fair or not. I typically take the Red Line. It always reeks of weed and cigarettes now. 

I can confirm this is usually the case on the Blue Line as well -  Portapotty, Weed, Cigarettes, Homeless (1/4 chance psychotic) Living Quarters. Used to be only Winter Time, now it's a permanent fixture since government "science" lockdowns. 

Enjoying @TaylorStSox's posts, hope he "Wins The Day" today. White Sox South Side Baseball must be preserved.

• TLR 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Wrigley Field is also a historical park that had a neighborhood and bars built around it and generally has a more affluent neighborhood. 

White Sox games have tailgating beforehand, beer in the park and can build up the area around the park in the neighborhood north and west of the park. They also need to have more 7:10 starts if people were to go out later on a Friday or Saturday. If people want to go out afterwards, open up more bars and the bar that used to be called Bacardi at the Park or open up that bullpen sports bar. Figure out from analytics what makes sense for fans and build at the park.

Personally I want to get the hell out of there after a game but maybe some 20 and 30 something’s who don’t have kids want to party. Get a Lyft or Uber and either leave the area or get a shuttle established and check out bars in Bridgeport. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Wrigley Field is also a historical park that had a neighborhood and bars built around it and generally has a more affluent neighborhood. 

White Sox games have tailgating beforehand, beer in the park and can build up the area around the park in the neighborhood north and west of the park. They also need to have more 7:10 starts if people were to go out later on a Friday or Saturday. If people want to go out afterwards, open up more bars and the bar that used to be called Bacardi at the Park or open up that bullpen sports bar. Figure out from analytics what makes sense for fans and build at the park.

Personally I want to get the hell out of there after a game but maybe some 20 and 30 something’s who don’t have kids want to party. Get a Lyft or Uber and either leave the area or get a shuttle established and check out bars in Bridgeport. 

Have to go a bit further, but bars still open after Jerry knocked down McCuddy's and Jimbo's closed.

I've pre/post at Marz Brewery, Skylark, Puffer's/Mitchell's Tap

Your shuttle idea is a good one, though they typically lock up the parking lots around an hour after the game, so they would need to figure that part out first.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Have to go a bit further, but bars still open after Jerry knocked down McCuddy's and Jimbo's closed.

Your shuttle idea is a good one, though they typically lock up the parking lots around an hour after the game, so they would need to figure that part out first.

Check out Ballpark on Pershing. Kind of small, but great food.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Some of the bars north of the park are good spots before the game and could be good after the game. They could build up that area. Maybe people who want to party more can move their cars to Shields or another lot west or north of the park. There are things they would need to figure out but they could make things work if they really wanted to.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:51 PM, baseballgalaly said:

Where, in the Sox territory of Chicagoland, could they realistically build a stadium and entertainment district? 

You have to plan ahead when a site like Arlington or Maywood Park becomes available.Too bold for our blood. I would check on Hawthorne race track or a shopping mall. 

I read in general the struggle a lot of local  country clubs are in for members. You look at that glut of south shore ones, and  you wonder if that’s not a big ole set of opportunity. With how much homewood flossmoore has given the city in announcers and sports talk, we can give them the keys to a sports complex. 

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

I read in general the struggle a lot of local  country clubs are in for members. You look at that glut of south shore ones, and  you wonder if that’s not a big ole set of opportunity. With how much homewood flossmoore has given the city in announcers and sports talk, we can give them the keys to a sports complex. 

The Bears were proactive and there is your difference. 

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It's gotten so bad. I typically take the brown to work, which is usually fine. I took the red line at 6 PM from the Northside to 35th once this year. In that one trip/traincar, I saw the following:

2 different insane people screaming on the train

1 guy smoking a blunt

1 guy crushing something in a dollar bill, and he nodded off during it

1 guy that looked like a complete mess who was smoking something that smelled like plastic. Pretty sure it was crack. 

1 guy trying to sell loose cigarettes and some other garbage

All on one freaking traincar. It's become a complete joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

It's gotten so bad. I typically take the brown to work, which is usually fine. I took the red line at 6 PM from the Northside to 35th once this year. In that one trip/traincar, I saw the following:

2 different insane people screaming on the train

1 guy smoking a blunt

1 guy crushing something in a dollar bill, and he nodded off during it

1 guy that looked like a complete mess who was smoking something that smelled like plastic. Pretty sure it was crack. 

1 guy trying to sell loose cigarettes and some other garbage

All on one freaking traincar. It's become a complete joke. 

Falling Down 2, Co-Starring Ron883

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

How come nobody pointed out greg's post a few weeks ago about how I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry talks about moving the team? I think I was the first. I thought I got it right.

Probably the same reason no one pointed out my thread from October 2005 saying I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry talks about a new stadium. It's a reoccurring thread. 

• Like 2

The Sox would be best served in the west loop, that area is as good if not better then Lakeview or in a makeover of the Loop but then traffic would be an issue in the actual Loop.

Baseball traffic is 15-50% of that of football so Soldier Field could be an option then ISBE builds Soldier Field on 35th and the Ryan.

• Like 1

Well the police chief today stated they "almost completely dispelled" shots coming from the outside Friday evening. Would like to see the City and or State fine and sanction the White Sox for multiple instances of lax / no security this season, including the brawl in the left field stands that no security addressed during the entire 2 minutes plus.

The State of Illinois needs to enforce their stadium agreement and ensure the White Sox adequately provide security for the ballpark.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/what-we-know-about-chicago-white-sox-game-shooting-as-team-releases-video/3216297/

"We're dispelling a lot of things. It coming from outside is something that we've almost completely dispelled, but we're still looking at every avenue. It's still under investigation. Something from inside, it could have happened that way, but we're looking at every avenue, exploring every lead and everything that we get. We're exploring."

White Sox obligations under the ISFA agreement.

https://www.isfauthority.com/assets/management-agreement-with-all-amendments2.pdf

• (PDF Page 38-39) Team shall be exclusively responsible for the management and operation of the Stadium, including but not limited to the hiring of all security, crowd control...
  • (PDF Page 52) Prior to the beginning of each Season (commencing with the first season in which Team plays in the Stadium), and every second month during each Season (or more often at . the request of either party), representatives of Team and Authority shall meet to: (i) Review Team's Routine Maintenance and security procedures, which shall be submitted to Authority prior thereto in writing by Team.