KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

My response is this - I think Jerry likes making deals, and he's a lot better at making a deal over the sale of a franchise that includes real estate, assets, media deals, etc than running a baseball team of people who he's now completely unfamiliar with.

He starts a sale process, he suddenly has a whole bunch of people sucking up to him, he'll get to feel those last sweet breaths of power. And at what cost? his failsons getting a few less million.

Yes this is a good point and I can't dispute a person like that would think this way. I also imagine a person like that would have such a giant ego that they'd die happy knowing they owned two professional teams in an internationally important city...and it would be a dent in that ego or 'legacy' to sell the team at its lowest point. He's got enough years left for one more rebuild.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Thank you for your service Kenny and always for 2005!

That said, this calls for a White Sox Supercut!!

Nina Simone. My all time favorite. The High Priestess of Soul. Thanks.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Jerry will never hire anyone associated with Astros

Thought about this on the way home.

Unless they hire Getz or Haber, the moment they interview anyone outside the organization the first and #1 message they are going to get is that this kind of horseshit is unacceptable and must stop or the person won’t take the job.

The owner has a role to play, they have to work cooperatively to determine the budget and the general plans, they have to give an environment of consistency and reasonable standards and accountability, they have to bring in good people for the non baseball activities to make the organization run well and not be embarrassing. 

But no one from outside this organization is going to take the job if they suspect ownership will overrule them about the manager, or want to decide draft picks, or set limits on number of staff, or limit their efforts in the international market, or have unreasonable limits to the sizes of contracts they can offer, or hold these kind of grudges. Any candidate worth their salt is going to tell the White Sox that this must stop.

That doesn’t mean Espada will be our next manager, but it does mean that either this all changes and the GM gets an agreement that allows them to be the GM, or it will be Getz. No one else on earth will tolerate the way these things have been run.

They will hear some version of this in every interview they conduct, anyone who takes the job will know that the lifetime contracts and 4th place is good enough attitude won’t last now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Any comments from Stone or Harrelson yet?

Ozzie?

Big Hurt?

National baseball writers with a feature opinion article like a Jeff Passan? 

Law?

Ozzie was shocked in the pregame, especially that Kenny was also fired. He said he thought they put together good players but not a good team.

Bringing in Getz really is meaningless if they're going to sell.

Otoh, he does nothing to increase the value of the franchise if you're going to hold.

What value added or USP does he possibly possess that fans could get behind?

Guys like Getz and Beckham are already negatively associated with years of under achievement as players...let alone in other roles.

How could they possibly inculcate a new/positive/winning attitude as "inside" outsiders?

This is a day to celebrate. Rick saw the writing on the wall and said so with his comments after the Giolito trade.

My only concern is the part of the statement "and anticipate having an individual in place by the end of the season". This will preclude someone currently at President / EVP level on another team, leaving either internal candidates or someone currently out of a job.

It's good they get a jump on other teams by beginning the search before the end of the season competing with other teams, but there should be no rush to fill the spot by October 2. It's more important to get a long term fit.

Also, Larry Himes was the lone person Jerry hired in either organization from outside the organization to lead baseball/basketball operations. Michael hired Arturas Karnisovas. That said, I am staying positive and thinking Jerry learned from the process and is open to a legitimate search process beyond picking the next glass in the cupboard, which would be Chris Getz. It's really important to have a solid person in place to make solid decisions from here on out.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Why all the positivity? Jerry is still at the top. So he kicks KW and Hahn to the curb and now all of a sudden he’s going to start spending??? Sure 

As we've found out with other Orgs, you DON'T have to spend a ton to be successful, you just have to spend WISELY. Drafting and developing young talent helps too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take it for whatever it's worth, but I heard in the middle of 2022 season JR was mulling selling and this season would be a big factor. Very interested parties at that time were George Lucas and his wife. Also heard Shad Khan and Tony Khan from Jacksonville Jags had interest. 

Didn't think too much of it at the time, but today is interesting.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pal said:

Take it for whatever it's worth, but I heard in the middle of 2022 season JR was mulling selling and this season would be a big factor. Very interested parties at that time were George Lucas and his wife. Also heard Shad Khan and Tony Khan from Jacksonville Jags had interest. 

Didn't think too much of it at the time, but today is interesting.

I always wondered if the George Lucas would be more inclined to buy if the Lucas Museum got OKed here in Chicago. f*** The Friends of the Park.  Pieces of s%*#. 

• Like 1