KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

Just now, fathom said:

Tony and others probably convinced him in Cooperstown a few weeks ago it’s time to make a change.  It’s an easy decision for Moore, I’m sure

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that moore is joining as an advisor in the search - not as the pres of ops. That said, him and tlr leading a search would likely need a lot of luck to result in a positive outcome. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Snopek said:

And apparently TLR is heavily involved here ☠️

I just can't.....

TLR, Moore and Getz is a worst case scenario.  I just can't believe you fire Hahn and KW and do that.  I mean, I can believe it because Jerry, but I refuse to accept that Bob is right until that happens. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Why wouldn’t Getz have been named immediately if this was happening? I’ll wait for it to be official before I freak out on JR.

At this point you have to figure Getz is a lock for a role in the FO.  Moore is likely for another role but I wouldn't call it a lock.  There's a chance if Reinsdorf interviews other candidates someone could knock it out of the park but Moore is currently the leader in the clubhouse.  

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He has but not much. 3 winning seasons as a GM/President from2007-2022. 9 times lost at least 90. 

Better start reading “Moore/More than a Season…” biography.

In More Than a Season, Moore shares how his faith and leadership principles guided his rebooting of the Royals. The general manager describes how he built one of baseball's best farm systems and international scouting departments of out nothing.

Can’t we just bypass Moore and go directly to the Braves or someone like John Schuerholz who taught him basically everything he knows?

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

At this point you have to figure Getz is a lock for a role in the FO.  Moore is likely for another role but I wouldn't call it a lock.  There's a chance if Reinsdorf interviews other candidates someone could knock it out of the park but Moore is currently the leader in the clubhouse.  

Let’s be real, Jerry ain’t interviewing anybody outside of Dayton Moore

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that moore is joining as an advisor in the search - not as the pres of ops. That said, him and tlr leading a search would likely need a lot of luck to result in a positive outcome. 

I wish that was true but Moore is employed by the Rangers right now.

Can Jesus Christ hit (or throw) a curveball? A look at Dayton Moore's influence on the Royals draft and the resulting trend.

Moncada is doomed lol…overt Christianity is in, and social media/influencing and partying/socializing is out, haha.  Hostetler, otoh, might be saved literally and figuratively because he’s the main tie between the Braves, Moore and White Sox.

So is Tim Anderson unless he “repents.”

Here is what I found:

https://preview.redd.it/yu8kxdm1doo91.png?width=657&format=png&auto=webp&s=bfc512395fad037e0ec39c90933ddaa0a3d89880

• AL teams drafted 156 players in the first 10 rounds of the 2022 draft.
  • 91% (142 of 156) of draft picks had a social media account (Twitter or Instagram).
  • 26% (37 of 142) of draft picks with social media accounts had profiles containing expressions of Christianity.

Things I found of note:

• It was no shock to see the Royals leading the way, 71% of the players they drafted that have social media had some expression of public Christianity in it.
  • The Royals had the second fewest number of draftees with social media profiles (7) and the highest # of draftees with public expressions of their religion in their social media profiles (5).
  • I tried to keep this fair. The Royals #1 draft pick, Gavin Cross, did not have a social media profile so he isn't factored into the Royals 71% figure, even though he played on a Christian-based traveling baseball team his father started, his Christianity is publicized.
  • 71% is a statistical outlier.
  • The Angels being the only team with 0 players expressing Christianity is peak irony.

There are still many flaws in my post so I'll let you determine if this means anything or not. Flaws include the nuanced decision about what causes a person to include something religious in their social media profile or not.

Below are some of my personal thoughts, so stop here if you don't want to read about some random internet person's thoughts on this:

• There is a difference between someone being Christian and someone being publicly Christian.
  • Baseball should be about winning on the field, having other motivations are fine so long as they do not interfere with winning on the field.
  • The further down in rounds I went the less polished the social media profiles were, most of the top guys had polished, thought-out social media profiles, meaning everything in there was put there on purpose.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Laurence Holmes mentioned something on his special breaking news show about how KW wanted to trade Burger but Hahn had an Anderson deal in place that had to fall apart because of the Burger move. I’m not sure if that is just a rumor but I hadn’t seen it here and thought I’d mention it.

51 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

TLR and Jerry gonna meet with Pedro today! we just can’t quit him 

I honestly rather have Pedro EVP and or GM than Chris Getz and or Dayton Moore.

Tell your season ticket reps Getz / Moore save for Hawk/Tony or Getz/Haber are the only possible combinations possibly worse than what he had. To you friends, tell your neighbors.

10 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

All that has came out on the McGuffey/Garfein podcast yesterday + ESPN1000 this AM... Kenny Williams (and Jerry, obviously) is a piece of work!

Rick Hahn hand his hands tied & stunk but geez the tell-all story is coming out when?!

Rick Hahn sure is a good pr manager is what I've learned. 

• Like 1

I'm going to hold onto a slim hope that this is just Bob being Bob.  If we don't hear anything official regarding Getz or Moore in the next couple of weeks, it might be a better sign.  It just seems like they would have announced the promotion of Getz along with the canning of KW and Hahn.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flavum said:

Why wouldn’t Getz have been named immediately if this was happening? I’ll wait for it to be official before I freak out on JR.

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I'm going to hold onto a slim hope that this is just Bob being Bob.  If we don't hear anything official regarding Getz or Moore in the next couple of weeks, it might be a better sign.  It just seems like they would have announced the promotion of Getz along with the canning of KW and Hahn.

Bob is an assclown, but he's Jerry's assclown.