KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why are you posting madrigal injury insta here 

Because he's about to take us back to the Crusades to somehow outline Dayton Moore's philosophy for building a farm system and Caulfield's one true love, the 2015 Royals.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

On the score they are saying that TLR was in Jerrys ear on this and that is why they were fired.  That Tony is currently scouting our minor leagues ( probably to see who he wants to keep or trade away ).  If Tony is the puppet in the back, we are screwed.  

Hopefully the new front office won't ask him to change his scouting grades on recent draft picks to avoid embarrassment the way the last front office asked their scouts to do.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

On the score they are saying that TLR was in Jerrys ear on this and that is why they were fired.  That Tony is currently scouting our minor leagues ( probably to see who he wants to keep or trade away ).  If Tony is the puppet in the back, we are screwed.  

If true, fans need to riot a la disco night 

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

oh I get it, christian = BAD. Got it

Fine.  I spent all this time hating on Hahn.  Over a decade.  Longer than that because my high school friend’s sister was his Harvard Law classmate, which goes back to 1993-95.  Her instincts were not wrong about him at all.  He was clearly a BS artist back then as well.

If it’s Moore and Getz, that will really be the end.

“At one point, a reporter dared to mention that some people might not think Hahn is the right person to putting the White Sox through yet another rebuild, or words of that sort.

That led to yet another great Rick Hahn humblebrag. To get to the part about how he’s not as stupid as people think he is now, he (very, very, humbly of course) allowed as how maybe he wasn’t as smart as he was being credited for when he was named Sporting News Baseball Executive of the Year. 

See how he got that in? That was 2020, of course, when COVID helped end the seven years in the wilderness and the Sox finally had a winning record, thanks in large part to only playing 60 games, and only teams in the horrendous Central divisions — and a specious award like Executive of the Year often goes to turnarounds. 

Of course, other than players, the major credit for the turnaround should have gone to Ricky Renteria, who came in second in AL Manager of the Year voting, a much more prestigious achievement, an achievement gained despite being stuck with neanderthal Don Cooper as his pitching coach, the very Ricky Renteria whom Hahn then fired, leading to the Hall-of-Famer Baseball Person fiasco.

It’s not like this was a one-off. Hahn has made reference to his little trophy before when questioned about something incompetent he’d just done. Only this time he even added a second award about being Chicago Sportsman of the Year or some such thing, which is apparently a title every TV or radio station or publication in the city throws out there for some reason, each (year) maybe getting more desperate each time to find a new recipient.

Have you ever had a boss call you in on something negative, and you respond, “Well, yeah, I was incompetent to lose the McDonald’s account, but I was brilliant back in ought-eight when I reeled in the Fred’s Drive-Thru Empanadas, remember?”

The whole scene was so pathetic you have to wonder about Hahn at home:

Hahn: Hi, hon, I’m home.

Mrs. Hahn: Did you remember to bring the milk?

Hahn: Oh. I forgot.

Mrs. Hahn: That was dumb, I need that milk for this recipe I’m making for dinner.

Hahn: Well, maybe I wasn’t as smart as I was given credit for when I won that Sporting News Baseball Executive of the Year award, and maybe I’m not as dumb as you think I am now.

Or maybe:

Hahn Son: Dad, did you ...

Well, you get the point.

Pitiful. Just pitiful.”

https://www.southsidesox.com/2023/8/11/23827619/attila-the-hahn-chicago-white-sox-general-manager-rick-hahn-once-won-executive-of-the-year-remember

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hopefully the new front office won't ask him to change his scouting grades on recent draft picks to avoid embarrassment the way the last front office asked their scouts to do.  

I am curious on who was going to be our first pick if Hahn didnt get involved.  

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He would STILL probably be third on the 2023 White Sox in homers…

But maybe the Cincinnati REDS are the more obvious choice since it will likely be another decade before the Sox are competitive again…

He hasn't played since 2019, so it's pretty hard to say since Eloy and Moncada had more homers than him that season.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

He hasn't played since 2019, so it's pretty hard to say since Eloy and Moncada had more homers than him that season.

If they were still playing in 2019 form…this thread would likely not exist.

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Ned Yost comes out of recent KC Royals HoF enshrinement to lead the White Sox next.

Vaughn traded to open up 1B for Hosmer.

This is so messed up. If you look at when the steep declines in production of Moncada, Jimenez, Grandal, Anderson, etc, started, I still think that TLR is to blame. Something changed in that clubhouse that led to those guys just not caring anymore, and now TLR is back and the new GM is internal?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

This is so messed up. If you look at when the steep declines in production of Moncada, Jimenez, Grandal, Anderson, etc, started, I still think that TLR is to blame. Something changed in that clubhouse that led to those guys just not caring anymore, and now TLR is back and the new GM is internal?

On the podcast last night, they said Tony didn’t bother trying to manage the clubhouse and just let them do whatever they wanted

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the podcast last night, they said Tony didn’t bother trying to manage the clubhouse and just let them do whatever they wanted

I want the Ricky Renteria timeline back.

Also, f*** anyone that ever unironically typed "Tony's boys don't quit."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Didnt he trade away Dansby Swanson for one of the Duncan boys.  He didnt do a good job at the top of an organization.  He scouting our minor leagues is scary. I can see it now. That Colson guy is too tall to be a SS, you should trade him for X pitcher that my guy Dave Duncan said is a sure fired cant miss stud.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Didnt he trade away Dansby Swanson for one of the Duncan boys.  He didnt do a good job at the top of an organization.  He scouting our minor leagues is scary. I can see it now. That Colson guy is too tall to be a SS, you should trade him for X pitcher that my guy Dave Duncan said is a sure fired cant miss stud.  

I think Swanson was on Dave Stewart

One of my least favorite things about the hellscape our FO has forced us into is all these pitying, "concerned" texts from Cub fan friends asking what I think of the changes, if I'm "doing OK," etc.  Like I don't want to talk about any of this s%*# with them at all.  F you, Jerry, for putting me in this position.

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, The Beast said:

Laurence Holmes mentioned something on his special breaking news show about how KW wanted to trade Burger but Hahn had an Anderson deal in place that had to fall apart because of the Burger move. I’m not sure if that is just a rumor but I hadn’t seen it here and thought I’d mention it.

I always liked KW more than Hahn but if this is true KW was even worse than Hahn.

Edit:  But why would dealing Burger keep them from dealing Anderson?  Unless some team demanded Burger as a condition for taking Anderson's contract.  

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

oh I get it, christian = BAD. Got it

Naw.

Deciding baseball players in drafts and trades based on whether they are Christian or not rather than based on their baseball skills, that's bad. Hiring people for a baseball team based on whether they're Christian or not rather than based on their abilities, that's bad. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sarava said:

2005 was an amazing year. I think what's meant is - in the 4 years before 2005 and the 2 years after 2005, the Sox did not make the playoffs. It was a one year window of being good, and teams that have one year windows of being good almost never win the World Series. Call it lucky, call it fortunate, whatever.

The funny thing is that everyone over on r/baseball loves that 2005 team, except Sox fans. We have the shittiest fanbase in baseball.

• Love 1