Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

If you look around the league at the young and upcoming teams they're all super athletic.  Baltimore, Cincy, Arizona.  When Washington is ready they're gonna be crazy athletic.  Teams like the Cubs, Toronto and the Texas all improved their team athleticism while perennial winners like the Rays, Dodgers and Braves have always been athletic. Now obviously there is more than just athleticism that goes into builing a team but I think it's good that the new FO is able to see the direction the game is going instead of the last numbnuts that was always a step or two behind the game.  

22 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If you look around the league at the young and upcoming teams they're all super athletic.  Baltimore, Cincy, Arizona.  When Washington is ready they're gonna be crazy athletic.  Teams like the Cubs, Toronto and the Texas all improved their team athleticism while perennial winners like the Rays, Dodgers and Braves have always been athletic. Now obviously there is more than just athleticism that goes into builing a team but I think it's good that the new FO is able to see the direction the game is going instead of the last numbnuts that was always a step or two behind the game.  

Let’s just hope Getz is better than KW when it comes to drafting athletes over baseball players…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, T R U said:

It makes no sense to me at all why Sheets and Andrus continue to get starter playing time. Who cares if Sosa or Rodriguez hit .100 for the remaining handful of games, get them some experience and a good look at them at the MLB level.

It would be handy if we had a manager and coaches who could help them improve but that may be asking too much of Pedro and co.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 2:22 AM, Sarava said:

Obviously here's no way to fix this team for next year, regardless of the path. But yeah, they need to move away from the Hahn/KW model of building half the team from 1B/DH types. It seems obvious, but I think it's one positive thought process.

Yet their possible biggest weakness is HR's. Welcome to GRF Home Of The Visitors!

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Yet their possible biggest weakness is HR's. Welcome to GRF Home Of The Visitors!

Naw, they're a little low on HR but still close to the middle of the pack, 20th overall. They have the fewest walks in MLB and it isn't even close, they have 10% fewer walks than any other team in the big leagues. This is their biggest weakness. 

The Dodgers have nearly 2x their number of walks. They are less patient than the royals. Furthermore, this isn't just affecting the OBP, it's also telling you what their approach is at the plate, it is super aggressive and vulnerable, so starting pitchers are able to last longer in games against them and can get players out with strikeouts or weak contact early in at bats. They don't see teams' weakest middle relievers because they never work up the pitch count, they never beat starters because a manager tries to stretch a guy out into the 6th or 7th inning with a high pitch count. 

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw, they're a little low on HR but still close to the middle of the pack, 20th overall. They have the fewest walks in MLB and it isn't even close, they have 10% fewer walks than any other team in the big leagues. This is their biggest weakness. 

The Dodgers have nearly 2x their number of walks. They are less patient than the royals. Furthermore, this isn't just affecting the OBP, it's also telling you what their approach is at the plate, it is super aggressive and vulnerable, so starting pitchers are able to last longer in games against them and can get players out with strikeouts or weak contact early in at bats. They don't see teams' weakest middle relievers because they never work up the pitch count, they never beat starters because a manager tries to stretch a guy out into the 6th or 7th inning with a high pitch count. 

Regardless, I think watching the Sox will continue to feel like having your bones drunk out of you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snopek said:

I love how they’re saying these two things at the same time:

1) We can compete next year
2) We need a bunch of very different players

Seems fine!

He’s right in a way as they can’t compete with the current cast of characters. I would be ecstatic if they could get close to .500 next year with guys that hustled and cared.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Benintendi and Grandal are the only consistently looking to extend an at bat and take a walk, and Grandal is leaving.

Tim and Robert are swing first guys. Robert says he doesn't want any information, rather react with his natural talent that has taken him this far. Yoan abandoned any attempt to walk after 2021. Eloy is not going to change.

Perhaps Vaughn has the ability to learn and get better command of the strike zone with work, approach and coaching. They will need to emphasize the importance of walking to their current prospects consistently across levels so that they have a chance once they are promoted here. Everyone pretty much looks clueless and out of their element once they leave Charlotte over the past decade or so.

11 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Does Getz have the balls to bring back Clevinger and sign Bauer? Two A-1 assholes, but also two good, potentially very good pitchers for a team severely lacking pitching depth. I know there are fans who would revolt, but it could be interesting. 

Bauer hasn't looked all that great in Japan...

So basically you're sending what type of marketing message to female fans of the White Sox?

It really doesn't matter, because threatening to blow up your entire clubhouse/chemistry when you have just spent the last 2-3 years dealing with precisely this issue on an everyday basis seems to be the definition of insanity.

Edited by caulfield12

54 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Does Getz have the balls to bring back Clevinger and sign Bauer? Two A-1 assholes, but also two good, potentially very good pitchers for a team severely lacking pitching depth. I know there are fans who would revolt, but it could be interesting. 

Might as well go for it all.

2024 White Sox

• Dear Leader: Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf
  • Board of Directors: James Dolan; Jeffrey Loria; Robert Sarver; Dan Snyder; Donald Sterling
  • President of Baseball Operations: Tony LaRussa
  • Senior Advisor to the President: Dave Stewart
  • Chief Marketing & Revenue Officer: Brooks Boyer
  • VP General Manager: Chris Getz
  • Special Advisor to the GM: Dayton Moore
  • VP of Communications: Rick Hahn
  • VP of Player Development: Kenny Williams Jr.
  • VP Community Relations: Luke Heimlich
  • Director of Analytics: Shelley Duncan
  • Video Coach: Brad Aldrich
  • Manager: Pedro Grifol
  • Coaches
    • Daryl Boston Bench
    • Omar Vizquel 3B
    • Wes Helms 1B
    • Barry Bonds Hitting
    • Carlos Zambrano Pitching
    • John Rocker Bullpen
    • Welington Castillo Bullpen Catcher
    • Jose Reyes Infield
    • Manny Ramirez Outfield
  • Starting Lineup: 
    1. Y. Puig RF
    2. O. Herrera LF
    3. W. Franco SS
    4. R. Cano 2B
    5. M. Ozuna DH
    6. J. Donaldson 3B
    7. G. Sheets 1B
    8. R. Laureano CF
    9. R. McGuire C
  • Reserves: P. Severino C; R. Odor INF/OF; A. Russell INF, T. Pham OF
  • Rotation: 
    1. T. Bauer
    2. M. Clevinger
    3.  J. Urias
    4. L. Lynn
    5. D. German
    6. D. Keuchel
  • Bullpen: A. Chapman, R. Osuna, G. Santos; J. Cordero, C. Martinez, A. Garrett, H. Santiago; J. Kelly
  • TV Announcers: Thom Brennaman; Glen Kuiper & Jim Katt. Studio: Mike North & Ozzie Guillen.
  • Radio Announcers: Gordon Beckham & Jack Morris. Pre & Post: Mike Murphy,
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Bauer hasn't looked all that great in Japan...

So basically you're sending what type of marketing message to female fans of the White Sox?

It really doesn't matter, because threatening to blow up your entire clubhouse/chemistry when you have just spent the last 2-3 years dealing with precisely this issue on an everyday basis seems to be the definition on insanity.

Winning solves all problems. 

35 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Winning solves all problems. 

Winning with honor and class is what is important.

Winning a piece of metal with dishonor creates problems far worse than losing a game, solves nothing.

The White Sox won their World Series with Bobby Jenks on the mound, the Cubs Aroldis Chapman. Grateful I have the Sox memory and not the Cubs.

Rocky Wirtz' organIzation covered up Brad Aldrich's crimes instead of doing the right thing and reporting him to the police.

The Astros Brandon Taubman was fired for taunting women reporters in the press box with "Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so fucking glad we got Osuna!".

Northwestern, Penn State, Oho State, Michigan State, likely additional "Big" "Ten" teams. Doesn't matter if they have the all time winning coach and national titles. They all ended in dishonor and disgrace.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Winning with honor and class is what is important.

Winning a piece of metal with dishonor creates problems far worse than losing a game, solves nothing.

The White Sox won their World Series with Bobby Jenks on the mound, the Cubs Aroldis Chapman. Grateful I have the Sox memory and not the Cubs.

Rocky Wirtz' organIzation covered up Brad Aldrich's crimes instead of doing the right thing and reporting him to the police.

The Astros Brandon Taubman was fired for taunting women reporters in the press box with "Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so fucking glad we got Osuna!".

Northwestern, Penn State, Oho State, Michigan State, likely additional "Big" "Ten" teams. Doesn't matter if they have the all time winning coach and national titles. They all ended in dishonor and disgrace.

I respect your point of view but as far as I'm concerned I'm so sick and GD tired of losing, of incompetence of dysfunction and of ineptness not just from the White Sox but from all Chicago teams (save for the Cubs they can keep being incompetent) that I could care less if they win with "honor and class."

Just GD win for a change. Perfectly fine with me.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Might as well go for it all.

2024 White Sox

• Dear Leader: Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf
  • Board of Directors: James Dolan; Jeffrey Loria; Robert Sarver; Dan Snyder; Donald Sterling
  • President of Baseball Operations: Tony LaRussa
  • Senior Advisor to the President: Dave Stewart
  • Chief Marketing & Revenue Officer: Brooks Boyer
  • VP General Manager: Chris Getz
  • Special Advisor to the GM: Dayton Moore
  • VP of Communications: Rick Hahn
  • VP of Player Development: Kenny Williams Jr.
  • VP Community Relations: Luke Heimlich
  • Director of Analytics: Shelley Duncan
  • Video Coach: Brad Aldrich
  • Manager: Pedro Grifol
  • Coaches
    • Daryl Boston Bench
    • Omar Vizquel 3B
    • Wes Helms 1B
    • Barry Bonds Hitting
    • Carlos Zambrano Pitching
    • John Rocker Bullpen
    • Welington Castillo Bullpen Catcher
    • Jose Reyes Infield
    • Manny Ramirez Outfield
  • Starting Lineup: 
    1. Y. Puig RF
    2. O. Herrera LF
    3. W. Franco SS
    4. R. Cano 2B
    5. M. Ozuna DH
    6. J. Donaldson 3B
    7. G. Sheets 1B
    8. R. Laureano CF
    9. R. McGuire C
  • Reserves: P. Severino C; R. Odor INF/OF; A. Russell INF, T. Pham OF
  • Rotation: 
    1. T. Bauer
    2. M. Clevinger
    3.  J. Urias
    4. L. Lynn
    5. D. German
    6. D. Keuchel
  • Bullpen: A. Chapman, R. Osuna, G. Santos; J. Cordero, C. Martinez, A. Garrett, H. Santiago; J. Kelly
  • TV Announcers: Thom Brennaman; Glen Kuiper & Jim Katt. Studio: Mike North & Ozzie Guillen.
  • Radio Announcers: Gordon Beckham & Jack Morris. Pre & Post: Mike Murphy,

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/former-pirates-closer-felipe-vazquez-sentenced-to-2-4-years-in-prison-for-sexually-assaulting-13-year-old/

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I respect your point of view but as far as I'm concerned I'm so sick and GD tired of losing, of incompetence of dysfunction and of ineptness not just from the White Sox but from all Chicago teams (save for the Cubs they can keep being incompetent) that I could care less if they win with "honor and class."

Just GD win for a change. Perfectly fine with me.

I recall a Twilight Zone episode where Confederates approaching Gettysburg  found a book of Satan/Witchcraft containing a spell to freeze Union soldiers. In the end, the soldiers decided it was better for the Confederacy to lose than to invoke Satan to win the war.