It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

4 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Chris Getz needs to do something notable to gain the respect of the locker room and fans.  On the short list, Fire Grifol, Trade Moncada this offseason, Pick up TAs option and Trade him... and bring back the Goose.

I agree with all, except the Goose might not want to return with bullets being discharged in the park, but it would definitely be an improvement.

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

JR was never going to fill both spots after the infighting between the two.  It’s not like KW filled an important role or anything.  He has a “sole decision maker” that won’t rock the boat and saves cash, it’s win win for him. 

It's always gotta be a win win for JR, at least what he believes is a win.  Instead of caring about the fans and drawing more in like Rocky Wirtz did, we hold concerts after the game to attract the best baseball rapper crowds in MLB.

• Like 1

I know people wanna be positive, but I said this yesterday:

Na, he’ll say the right stuff just like Grifol, and it’ll even win over some posters here. You’ll see a decent amount of posts telling you to give him some time and opportunity to prove he’s incapable.”

And it’s so disheartening to see if happening.

4 hours ago, nrockway said:

What a dumb graphic too. He looks like that “yeahhhhh” guy from csi miami that was a meme a long time ago. Fire Getz and then fire the graphic designer 

Sox Marketing department is the worst.  I think it's showing how Getz can be Kenny Williams with shades in the upper left, and tight lipped Rick in the lower right, with a BIG Getz in the middle showing everyone he's a combination of Kenny and Rick.  If that doesn't excite Sox fans!!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Sox Marketing department is the worst.  I think it's showing how Getz can be Kenny Williams with shades in the upper left, and tight lipped Rick in the lower right, with a BIG Getz in the middle showing everyone he's a combination of Kenny and Rick.  If that doesn't excite Sox fans!!

guys a graphic designer isn't going to get us PUMPED about this hire

3 hours ago, fathom said:

The problem with wanting Jerry to sell the team when he’s alive is you damn well know he will only sell to someone who shares a similar vision.  No way would he sell to someone like Cuban.  

If he sells while he's still alive, I think he wouldn't have many offers but he'd take the best one regardless of vision. He doesn't have time to f*** around .

If they are sold after he passes I'd expect the same from his kids. Sell and be done with it and pocket as much as you can.

12 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I realize they have 0 voting powers but how does Jerry face the other 80% shareholders when making moves like this? I guess George Lucas doesn't care that much. But someone there has to. Even his own son moved the Bulls in a different direction.

Most bought in 1981 in their 40s and 50s.  A few senile like POTUS. Several died, Jerry scooped up shares from the dead and people wanting their cash for pennies on the dollar like Old Man Potter. 

The rest are either pleased with their share appreciation. If not, need Jerry to die to redeem their shares at full value.  Annual distributions cover taxes and a little sumpin’ sumpin’.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, bmags said:

hmm...these people are idiots. Checks out they work in the sox.

There is no reason to be optimistic about this guy. He is a vanilla bean-brain unworthy of a bus ticket to Camelback Ranch. If I hear Jason schmoozing this guy on-air I will puke. They had a chance to find a quality exec and they find a guy who wears t-shirts to work. At least make an effort to interview some up and comers and help them on their way.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

If Getz brings in people with ties to the Rays, Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves or even the Astros  to work in his front office, I would be willing to give him a chance. As it stands right now, I will continue on next season as I have since about the end of May this year... not watching any games. 

• Thanks 1

• bmags unpinned this topic