It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM

NCsoxfan

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It was 2011. Around that time The Hangover came out and "Paging Dr. F*ggot" was a big joke in it. Times change. Bringing this up now is stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It was 2011. Around that time The Hangover came out and "Paging Dr. F*ggot" was a big joke in it. Times change. Bringing this up now is stupid. 

Well, it's going to stay with Gordon whether you like it or not...especially when he starts working "under" Getz as a broadcaster.

2011?  That's the kind of thing kids would joke about in the 1980s or early 90s.

Hence his being forced to quickly apologize.

Balta definitely will have an opinion here, lol.

At any rate, it sounds like a likely defense from a drunken yuppie stockbroker situated in the Wrigley bleachers...who was undoubtedly in a frat as well.

Edited by caulfield12

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, it's going to stay with Gordon whether you like it or not...especially when he starts working "under" Getz as a broadcaster.

2011?  That's the kind of thing kids would joke about in the 1980s or early 90s.

Hence his being forced to quickly apologize.

Balta definitely will have an opinion here, lol.

At any rate, it sounds like a likely defense from a drunken yuppie stockbroker situated in the Wrigley bleachers...who was undoubtedly in a frat as well.

Balta would burn Abe Lincoln at the stake for his sins

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I lived in Kansas City from 1997 through 2007 (minus one year in Colombia), so I can fairly confidently say the one I always went to west of State Line one in Mission and it was definitely called Oklahoma Joe's by everyone.

At that point, KC Masterpiece was still a thing (they closed their Country Club Plaza restaurant during this period, founder Dr. Rich Davis was on our non-profit BoD) and so were Gates and Arthur Bryant's. 

Touche. 

I will say, any time someone argues against KC bbq (especially St. Louisans), my counterpoint is that whenever I'm in KC, I can just plug "bbq" into a GPS, go to the nearest place, be it famou or not, and be satisfied.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Getz: “And once again, I look forward to sitting down with our players and learn more about how things are being taught to them. Perhaps there are some different ways and ideas to effectively get our club in a direction it needs to go.”

Cool. Good thing we cut corners to get the guy that will hit the ground running. Surely an outsider couldn't do this.

• Fire 1

48 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Getz: “And once again, I look forward to sitting down with our players and learn more about how things are being taught to them. Perhaps there are some different ways and ideas to effectively get our club in a direction it needs to go.”

Cool. Good thing we cut corners to get the guy that will hit the ground running. Surely an outsider couldn't do this.

Shouldn't he know?
I mean, in theory, he was in charge of that sort of thing, at least up through the minors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Shouldn't he know?
I mean, in theory, he was in charge of that sort of thing, at least up through the minors.

That’s what makes this whole thing so awful. The “reason” JR said he hired Getz was because his knowledge of the organization, yet Getz acts like he has no idea about anything relating to the Sox.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

That’s what makes this whole thing so awful. The “reason” JR said he hired Getz was because his knowledge of the organization, yet Getz acts like he has no idea about anything relating to the Sox.

Nothing like distancing yourself from a mess that you helped create.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Nothing like distancing yourself from a mess that you helped create.

Naw, he's just that unprepared. The best answer he has to anything is some version of "We'll figure it out in time" because he genuinely hasn't had time to work through these things, and in many ways he's not expected to, he's supposed to give appropriate deference to Reinsdorf making the decisions that he wants to make. 

5 hours ago, pcq said:

I intend to speak with ALL of the players. Eventually. Find out why they suck. It could be Pedro's fault so I might speak with him too. 

"Specifically, I'm going to ask the players if they have any idea how this team can get better, because I don't have a clue."

• Haha 2

• bmags unpinned this topic