The press conference thread

bmags

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

the Sox want to 'Win quickly'

What does this mean?

That means they can trade some of that talent they just acquired at the deadline for some stiffs and bums on their last legs.  A 20 year old catcher isn't needed when you plan on running Sandy out there 6 days a week.   Imagine the bums you can get for Colson.  He is 87 and doesn't care about the future.  He will burn it all to the ground hoping for lighting in a bottle.  

f*** him.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you can't laugh at Jerry making fun of the absolute evil piece of human s%*# that is Mitch McConnell, your priorities are all fucked up. 

Great a greedy self serving man who looks at your team like a piggy bank and thinks how can he transfer your money into his wallet made a joke.  f*** him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

That means they can trade some of that talent they just acquired at the deadline for some stiffs and bums on their last legs.  A 20 year old catcher isn't needed when you plan on running Sandy out there 6 days a week.   Imagine the bums you can get for Colson.  He is 87 and doesn't care about the future.  He will burn it all to the ground hoping for lighting in a bottle.  

f*** him.  

Unless they prematurely call that 20 yr old catcher, and 21 yr old shortstop up in order to "compete." Which they will, thus ruining their natural development the same way they've always done it. 

The idea that last year wasn’t a disaster, and only this year was a disaster, is just so in line with his Sampson comments(that he refuted) and what he said at the conference earlier this year.  What a chud, I hope his legacy is in tatters at the end 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Highland said:

If this was supposed to be funny, it's not. I saw the McConnell news conferences. I am no fan of his, but I felt sorry for him. Age catches up with all of us in debilitating ways. Another JR attempt at humor that failed.

Would say these people are delusional in their self confidence and arrogance. Unless they are being held there against their will, they should do the right thing and let others take their place.

People get accustomed to a way of life, of people being deferential to them. 70-90 + year old people, be it Senators, several POTUS over history, or sports owners at the end like Al Davis, Donald Sterling, and Jerry Reinsdorf.

• Like 3

The Chicago White Sox swept the Houston Astros to win the 2005 World Series.

Game 2 was won on a walk-off home run by Scott Podsednik. Immediately before the home run, broadcaster Joe Buck asked his fellow broadcaster Tim McCarver a question that indicated Astros closer Brad Lidge might have the bad taste of an Albert Pujols home run in his mouth.

McCarver said, “I don't think that taste is there,” and Podsednik promptly smacked the game-winner.  

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Besides the Youtube video if you have the MLB app the short and long versions of it are on that under the White Sox highlights.

Can you or someone provide a link or description of how to find? I downloaded the app and can't find it.

Why wouldn't they just add the JR questions to the youtube video or have a second one?

Dr. Mr. Drummond also identify Kimberly and Arnold?

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Can you or someone provide a link or description of how to find? I downloaded the app and can't find it.

Why wouldn't they just add the JR questions to the youtube video or have a second one?

Dr. Mr. Drummond also identify Kimberly and Arnold?

I was talking about the TV app. SO if you have a smart TV should be easy to find the MLB app. Doesn't cost anything . you just need a MLB.com user name and password if I remember correctly since I've had it forever.

Some stuff isnt in it like the Ohtani and 10 yr contracts for pitchers  comments because those comments weren't a part of the televised content. Those were earlier questions to JR. He didn't take questions at the press conference.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1