JR Speaks (gasp!)...

Lip Man 1

Here you go sports fans:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/jerry-reinsdorf-on-chris-getz-white-sox-future

“Look, we’re not going to be in the [Shohei] Ohtani race, I’ll tell you that right now. And we’re not going to sign pitchers to 10-year deals. But we’re going to try to get better, and that means trades, it potentially means signing free agents, it means playing smarter baseball. It’s a lot of things. I don’t have a lot of time left. I don’t want to go through a long rebuild. I only expect to be here another 10 years.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

"I wanted baseball taught in the minor leagues a certain way where people understood what they were doing," Reinsdorf said. "They understood what's the right thing to do in a certain situation. And nobody ever did it right - until Chris [Getz] came along. And this I observed, you know, a couple of years ago. I was thrilled."

Jerry a fan of CGs minors work. JR must not be a huge bottom line type guy. His own opinion carries the day. Who was it was saying Reinsdorf doesn’t actually know a lot about baseball? Chris Getz was not a hot commodity around MLB .

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here you go sports fans:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/jerry-reinsdorf-on-chris-getz-white-sox-future

“Look, we’re not going to be in the [Shohei] Ohtani race, I’ll tell you that right now. And we’re not going to sign pitchers to 10-year deals. But we’re going to try to get better, and that means trades, it potentially means signing free agents, it means playing smarter baseball. It’s a lot of things. I don’t have a lot of time left. I don’t want to go through a long rebuild. I only expect to be here another 10 years.

Holy f***…everything about this quote is terrifying

• Like 6

Why would you openly wave the white flag and say we’re not going to try and land big free agents???  Who is going to want to play for this team?  Even if you’re not going to spend money, just lie and pretend!  The MLB needs to do something and  take this away from Renisdorf.  He’s openly sabotaging this storied franchise.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here you go sports fans:

Diamond Jerry and his bargain basement garbage picking.  I hope you are going sooner than later.   You are a cancer to Chicago and might go down as the worst owner in the history of the town.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

40 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

"I wanted baseball taught in the minor leagues a certain way where people understood what they were doing," Reinsdorf said. "They understood what's the right thing to do in a certain situation. And nobody ever did it right - until Chris [Getz] came along. And this I observed, you know, a couple of years ago. I was thrilled."

Jerry a fan of CGs minors work. JR must not be a huge bottom line type guy. His own opinion carries the day. Who was it was saying Reinsdorf doesn’t actually know a lot about baseball? Chris Getz was not a hot commodity around MLB .

What the f*** is this nonsense? The White Sox have the worst minor league system in the MLB, and their fundamentals absolutely suck. This mother fucker is senile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here you go sports fans:

We've not only moved on from five year deals for pitchers but now we've abandoned four years and are capped at three.

What they were planning to do with Tanaka or Wheeler had they actually won the bidding for those two...not sure.

But we save lots of time and resources eliminating Tier A/B free agent pitchers now at least...so we can fully concentrate on Tiers C & D.

Brilliant.  New form of Moneyball right there.

8 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

What the f*** is this nonsense? The White Sox have the worst minor league system in the MLB, and their fundamentals absolutely suck. This mother fucker is senile.

Not shocking that nary an example of this was provided...maybe he was watching the Sox opponents in AZ or at a minor league game and confused the two?

Hilarious that's supposedly one of the primary factors in Getz getting named GM and it was at least a 50% likelihood that it was a case of mistaken identity in terms of players with well-executed fundamentals.

Two key quotes:

“When I came to grips with the idea of that idea that maybe I needed to make a change, I still didn’t know if I needed to, I started to talk to everyone in the baseball department. Just wanting to know what they were observing, what needs to be changed. Chris was one of the people I talked to, I talked to a number of people in the baseball department. Then I got convinced I needed to make a change. I started thinking about who’s out there. You don’t make a change unless you know you can improve. So I pretty much know who all the potential candidates out there, and there are some good guys out there, guys that can be GM’s, guys that have been GM’s. So my first feeling was I’ll interview an internal candidate then I’ll ask permission to interview these other guys. But then it moved me to the thought of what I owe the fans. And I think I owe the fans to get better as fast as we can. Speed is of the essence. I don’t want this to be a long term proposition. In the meantime, I don’t know how many conversations I had with Chris, but it became clear to me he would be one of the major candidates, along with these outside candidates. And then when I started thinking of the speed I owe the fans, if I bring in someone from the outside, it will take them a year. He’s gonna have to evaluate everyone in the organization. So you lose a year. And here I had someone inside and very very competitive and might have been the guy if I had talked to these other guys, so I the thought was if I got a guy on the inside that can do the job, why not do it inside and save a year.”

”There were a lot of scouts that were let go by organizations that are analytics driven…and we ought to take a look if there are some gems out there we can add to our staff”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

If JR really wants to turn it around, he’s going to have to spend a ton this offseason

Without Ohtani I don't know what's out there. They basically need an entire starting rotation and half a bullpen, and RF and 2B are still unknowns. Colas has a way to go and Sosa as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Two key quotes:

”There were a lot of scouts that were let go by organizations that are analytics driven…and we ought to take a look if there are some gems out there we can add to our staff”

Such a stupid team. So he believes in flat earth huh.    His advisor hired a vet to run analytics and we attempted to put his pitching coaches son through a udemy course in statistics. 

whatif-logo.png

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Heard from some partners of his tonight that he won’t sell

REACHING ALL SOX FANS, HE IS NOT SELLING. HE IS A TAX LAWYER. IT WILL PASS TO HIS ESTATE WHEN HE DOES. WHY DO WE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

• Like 4