Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

17 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Fansided article proposing 3 different returns from the Dodgers for Cease. Again, I'm just jonesing for names. 

https://dawindycity.com/2023/11/20/3-trade-packages-dodgers-white-sox-dylan-cease/

Thanks.

Each package has issues. A combination of the names might be better than those options....ie Busch, Pages and Knack if they won't throw in a Top 100 pitcher as the third piece. Push comes to shove....main compensation should be bats. Knack is a good third piece. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

I wonder what the possibility of a Cease + Eloy deal to the Diamondbacks for a crazy prospect package is?  Both players fit a need for the Dbacks (at least in theory Eloy does) without breaking whatever budget they have. They also have a very young core in place so trading blocked prospects makes sense to capitalize on the WS run and not fall off. 

A Tommy Young and Colson left side of the IF in 2026 would be pretty sexy. Young, Lin, De Le Santos + would be a nice shot in the arm to the rebuild.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And go ahead and continue to give yourself all the pats on the back you want. Doesn’t mean he was ever a realistic target for our Sox. Dodgers OF at the end of 2022 was him and Betts. That’s it lol they were counting on him.

That's the dumbest criteria for talking about anything I ever heard of. People talk about which FA the Sox should sign all the time knowing JR is the Sox owner and most of time they have no shot whatsoever .It's called having an interest in your team and wanting them to do things we know deep down aren't going to happen.

Having a " seat at the table" became the biggest joke of the Hahn era right up there with " "talk to me at the parade. "

People are talking about wanting Outman now and there might've been a better shot at him last year before he put up 4.4 fWar .

Now they can't really afford him because despite his meager salary if he was in a Cease trade how much else would the Sox get ? We know the Sox are not going to get any MLB high fWar guys in return for Cease. Getz wants to multiply in the same way any GM rebuilding turns top trade chips into multiple prospects.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's the dumbest criteria for talking about anything I ever heard of. People talk about which FA the Sox should sign all the time knowing JR is the Sox owner and most of time they have no shot whatsoever .It's called having an interest in your team and wanting them to do things we know deep down aren't going to happen.

Having a " seat at the table" became the biggest joke of the Hahn era right up there with " "talk to me at the parade. "

People are talking about wanting Outman now and there might've been a better shot at him last year before he put up 4.4 fWar .

Now they can't really afford him because despite his meager salary if he was in a Cease trade how much else would the Sox get ? We know the Sox are not going to get any MLB high fWar guys in return for Cease. Getz wants to multiply in the same way any GM rebuilding turns top trade chips into multiple prospects.

You still don’t get it but that’s fine. I’ll move on if you finally will.

Esit: difference there in owner that won’t spend and nothing of value to trade. Which has been a problem at trade deadlines and off-seasons last few years.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

57 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I wonder what the possibility of a Cease + Eloy deal to the Diamondbacks for a crazy prospect package is?  Both players fit a need for the Dbacks (at least in theory Eloy does) without breaking whatever budget they have. They also have a very young core in place so trading blocked prospects makes sense to capitalize on the WS run and not fall off. 

A Tommy Young and Colson left side of the IF in 2026 would be pretty sexy. Young, Lin, De Le Santos + would be a nice shot in the arm to the rebuild.

I like the thought process but I don't know if you have permission to talk about it because the chances of it happening are very low.

We have standards around here. 😋.

Don't mind me I'm making a point that eludes some people.

I've actually done the same thing with Cease and Colas or Cease and Benintendi just speculating the same way others speculate on 3 team deals. Always great when posters have fresh ideas. It's what makes Soxtalk great knowing fans care enough to still want the best for them rather than endless posts about finding another team to root for.

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You still don’t get it but that’s fine. I’ll move on if you finally will.

Esit: difference there in owner that won’t spend and nothing of value to trade. Which has been a problem at trade deadlines and off-seasons last few years.

Hey I've moved on but apparently me talking about Outman triggers you because I can count on u to comment to me whenever I do and after I tell you to grow up you show how much fun you are by using laugh emojis on my posts and depicting me as a skeleton sitting at a keyboard and being smarmy. But I did say some pretty funny stuff so I'll look at it that way even though we both know you were laughing AT me.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey I've moved on but apparently me talking about Outman triggers you because I can count on u to comment to me whenever I do and after I tell you to grow up you show how much fun you are by using laugh emojis on my posts and depicting me as a skeleton sitting at a keyboard and being smarmy. But I did say some pretty funny stuff so I'll look at it that way even though we both know you were laughing AT me.

Nah talking about Outman doesn’t. The childish attitude of “I was right all along” without offering any sort of deal the Dodgers would be interested from a year ago is what triggers me.

Edit: what are you 12? Be better.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lol...I think Bartolo is @Chicago White Sox second least favorite fake insider out there behind only Lion in Texas.

On the merits, it's not a bad proposal you get two pitchers plus a RF....only thing missing is left handed savagery. Take out Knack and Barnes and replace with Busch.

Lol…Bartolo is definitely top 3!  Footlong Comiskey Dog is definitely the worst though.

And I agree, would be great to get at least one savage in a Cease trade.  Getting Hjerstad from the Orioles is what I’d love to see.

12 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

2.4 is an ace…oof. Although, he was 6.4 in 2022, according to Bref. Maybe in a better org, he’s closer to 6.4 than 2.4.

He was 6.4 in this org.

Once pitchers have shown the kind of dominance Cease has, they tend to retain value. People kept taking shots at Shelby miller after he was absolute garbage. Or Lance Lynn getting $10 million.

Pitchers are volatile, Cease is available and has great stuff. That’s valuable beyond any immediate recent results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Nah talking about Outman doesn’t. The childish attitude of “I was right all along” without offering any sort of deal the Dodgers would be interested from a year ago is what triggers me.

Edit: what are you 12? Be better.

I think I had the first actual trade for outman trades. First was before 2022, where I was hoping Kimberly could land Jacob Amaya and Outman + salary relief. Outman had just started to show off power that year and seemed blocked.

Last year I had him moving in a package for Hendriks, I think. But as you said it was predicated on the early rumors of them going after Judge and other top OFers. Once they truly had an of that included trace thompson it seemed unlikely.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

He was 6.4 in this org.

Once pitchers have shown the kind of dominance Cease has, they tend to retain value. People kept taking shots at Shelby miller after he was absolute garbage. Or Lance Lynn getting $10 million.

Pitchers are volatile, Cease is available and has great stuff. That’s valuable beyond any immediate recent results.

The fun thing is, if Cease had repeated 2022, we'd be talking about a godfather package

His down year — that still had a 3.7 WAR, 33 starts, 214 strikeouts, and 3.7 FIP — is gonna get a random considering he still has two year's control and pedigree.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

The fun thing is, if Cease had repeated 2022, we'd be talking about a godfather package

His down year — that still had a 3.7 WAR, 33 starts, 214 strikeouts, and 3.7 FIP — is gonna get a random considering he still has two year's control and pedigree.

I thought it was better to trade him this offseason but gotta tell you I’m a little down now with the other pitchers becoming available and my pessimism over Baltimore being aggressive.

But it’s still better than Hahn trading him for whatever gave him the highest rankings in the spring BA 100

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

He was 6.4 in this org.

I know he was here, I more meant a better org gets him back there.

11 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

Any chance Philadelphia would still be interested after the Nola deal?

One of Painter or Abel plus Crawford would be an interesting core imo. Crawford is young but huge upside and fits what Getz says he wants to focus on. 

No they have a very solid 5 

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I thought it was better to trade him this offseason but gotta tell you I’m a little down now with the other pitchers becoming available and my pessimism over Baltimore being aggressive.

But it’s still better than Hahn trading him for whatever gave him the highest rankings in the spring BA 100

It feels like Hahn asking for Holliday/Lawler both reinforces this + indicates he wasn't serious about shipping Cease.

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel you on that. Feel like one of those teams that will hug their prospects too tightly. 

Nightengale gives a Cease trade a 90 pct chance of happening.  Nothing close though, as he thinks Sox will get two of a teams’s top 10 prospects.  He also mentioned they’re definitely lowering payroll after the attendance disaster last year.

This was from soxtalk podcast 

Edited by fathom

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale gives a Cease trade a 90 pct chance of happening.  Nothing close though, as he thinks Sox will get two of a teams’s top 10 prospects.  He also mentioned they’re definitely lowering payroll after the attendance disaster last year.

This was from soxtalk podcast 

100% Cease and Eloy are getting traded.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic