Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

34 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Pitchers and catchers report in a month or so. Expecting Cease to be at Sox camp. 

I'm beginning to feel that way too and I just hate taking that risk. Aside from the obvious injury risk, you basically need him to perform significantly better than 2023 to cancel out the value lost with each start he's not making for a potential trade partner.

Can he do that? Of course. But it's something I'm hoping for rather than expecting.

33 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I'm beginning to feel that way too and I just hate taking that risk. Aside from the obvious injury risk, you basically need him to perform significantly better than 2023 to cancel out the value lost with each start he's not making for a potential trade partner.

Can he do that? Of course. But it's something I'm hoping for rather than expecting.

Yes, hope is not a strategy.  

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Come to daddy everybody.  Mayo and Cowser continues to be my fair trade. 

I’m sure it’s your trade. My trade hope is Tyler Wells, Norby and Mountcastle. 

Im guessing that they decide on something in the middle though, if the 2 teams do a trade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Pitchers and catchers report in a month or so. Expecting Cease to be at Sox camp. 

Why? We're White Sox fans and we're not allowed to have nice things. 

That's actually much better reasoning than "Cease isn't worth more than a back end Top 100 in terms of value"

It's true that we're not allowed to have nice things and this organization just seems to have a losers DNA.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Im guessing that they decide on something in the middle though, if the 2 teams do a trade.

Lol @ your proposal. That isn't even in the same zip code as Cease.

Seems both FOs both value Cowser over Kjerstad even though both fanbases seem to have it the other way around. 

I'm still waiting to see what the O's do with Santander. If the O's are going to truly operate along the line of the Rays they can't afford to hold a productive player and let him go for nothing.

You would think he'll be traded by the deadline and they'll be facing the same problem with Hays and Mullins soon also.

How that translates for opportunities for Cowser, 23,( LH), Kjerstad, 24, (LH), Beavers , 22 ,(LH), Bradfield ,22, (LH) and Stowers, 26, (LH) is anyone's guess.

If Santander (SH) goes into the season and puts up a 2.0 WAR at the end of July and the O's are in a close race it will be difficult to remove him from the team .

If they trade him before the season starts who gets the starts in RF to take his place ? All their top guys are LH and one of Cowser or Kjerstad will need to produce. They would certainly get shots before Stowers does.

Will the O's hedge their bets a little bit by looking into someone like Adam Duvall, Michael Taylor, Randal Grichuk all RH hitters or Aaron Hicks ,a switchhitter, who is a better RHH than LHH ?

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You know the Sox have absolutely zero reason to want Mountcastle, but you suggested this terrible and unrealistic trade idea anyways?

The Sox already have a mediocre and younger righty 1B that Sox fans don’t want.

I realize it’s your trade hope but it’s not even close to reality.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm still waiting to see what the O's do with Santander. If the O's are going to truly operate along the line of the Rays they can't afford to hold a productive player and let him go for nothing.

You would think he'll be traded by the deadline and they'll be facing the same problem with Hays and Mullins soon also.

How that translates for opportunities for Cowser, 23,( LH), Kjerstad, 24, (LH), Beavers , 22 ,(LH), Bradfield ,22, (LH) and Stowers, 26, (LH) is anyone's guess.

If Santander (SH) goes into the season and puts up a 2.0 WAR at the end of July and the O's are in a close race it will be difficult to remove him from the team .

If they trade him before the season starts who gets the starts in RF to take his place ? All their top guys are LH and one of Cowser or Kjerstad will need to produce. They would certainly get shots before Stowers does.

Will the O's hedge their bets a little bit by looking into someone like Adam Duvall, Michael Taylor, Randal Grichuk all RH hitters or Aaron Hicks ,a switchhitter, who is a better RHH than LHH ?

Draft pick compensation isn’t nothing.

12 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lol @ your proposal. That isn't even in the same zip code as Cease.

Seems both FOs both value Cowser over Kjerstad even though both fanbases seem to have it the other way around. 

Of course it’s a laughable proposal….as was the other proposal.  It was a joke/sarcasm.

As for Cowser vs Kjerstad, I go back and forth on this and the presence of Beavers is a big deal in this too.

I think I’m currently leaning towards preferring Cowser because of his defense and the need for good defense in our spacious LF.

Edited by Sports Guy

A certain someone will get himself fired right out of the gate if he botches both Getz and Robert.

Of course, JR will double down out of stubborness to prove he was right all along and that Getzie will someday win AL Executive of the Year like Hahn.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course it’s a laughable proposal….as was the other proposal.  It was a joke/sarcasm.

As for Cowser vs Kjerstad, I go back and forth on this and the presence of Beavers is a big deal in this too.

I think I’m currently leaning towards preferring Cowser because of his defense and the need for good defense in our spacious LF.

Who is the high end pitcher in these scenarios? 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic