Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Gerrit Cole getting MRI on elbow.. Ugh oh.. Come on down NY.

I think this benefits Boras and Snell more than it benefits us. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Gerrit Cole getting MRI on elbow.. Ugh oh.. Come on down NY.

My work slack is about to blow up.

We have like 3 Red Sox fans and the Yankees fans were ribbing them hard about Giolito.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They have to get rid of the pitch clock. I'd imagine the MLBPA will consider it a non-starter in the next round of negotiations.

I hope they don't.. Such a better pace of play.

Plus, didn't the minor league studies show no major difference in injuries with vs without the clock?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think this benefits Boras and Snell more than it benefits us. 

Maybe but alot of data suggests regression is coming for Snell and Cashman needs to actually win thus year, not just placate the fanbase with a signing in ST.

If he adds a huge bill that Steinbrenner has to pay AND the signing sucks then he's done.

He's better off biting the bullet and making the trade.

28 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Maybe but alot of data suggests regression is coming for Snell and Cashman needs to actually win thus year, not just placate the fanbase with a signing in ST.

If he adds a huge bill that Steinbrenner has to pay AND the signing sucks then he's done.

He's better off biting the bullet and making the trade.

I've been saying all off season if he doesn't make the payoffs he is gone.  They needed one of these guys (snell/cease) BEFORE Cole went down.. Now they may need both.

• Like 1

11:20am: Cole will receive multiple opinions on the status of his elbow, and the Yankees don’t expect to announce a prognosis today or even tomorrow, tweets Bryan Hoch of MLB.com.

I'd say if it were a nothingburger, they'd be more apt to release the news right away. This would make me think its not good.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

11:20am: Cole will receive multiple opinions on the status of his elbow, and the Yankees don’t expect to announce a prognosis today or even tomorrow, tweets Bryan Hoch of MLB.com.

I'd say if it were a nothingburger, they'd be more apt to release the news right away. This would make me think its not good.

Bad start when you need a second opinion..

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I feel like 95% of the time with an elbow issue if it's down to "seeking more opinions" and "hoping for the best" it's gonna be at best 3 months of rest and at worst 15 months of TJS rehab.

• Like 2

Speaking of which, let’s first see the extent of the Cole Concern. If he’s only set back a bit, I certainly wouldn’t insist they go for the marquee man. Dylan Cease has been out there, and in terms of loot, he is an unquestionable, abject bargain at $8M this year (plus another arbitration year). There was some whining about the asking price for Cease, but teams that have dealt with the Sox suggest they seek maybe one and a half times what the Brewers got for Corbin Burnes. That seems close to fair to me; while Burnes is better, Cease is paid much less and has two years to go.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/11/sports/gerrit-cole-injury-scare-should-spur-yankees-into-action/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Also this line for those underwhelmed with a theoretical Arias/Hampton led package:

They are all really good and would require a haul in return, probably including top prospect Spencer Jones. But this is desperation time for the Yankees, whether they admit it or not.

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Also this line for those underwhelmed with a theoretical Arias/Hampton led package:

IMO if the Sox have targeted Jones and believe he will provide legit LH savagery plus a good glove in the OF, we shouldn't settle.

NYY is in no position to dictate terms if they are already seeking "second opinions".

Get the savage we want

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic