Eloy Trade Rumor Thread

SoxAce

Little off topic but I’ve always been a Kevin Kiermaier fan, anyone in on him as our 4th  outfielder. He’s athletic and is probably the best Centerfielder I’ve seen in my lifetime, he can steal bases and always gives 110%, he is injury prone but he had some problems corrected with surgery after the 2022 season, just my opinion but I think he would be a good guy to have around, certainly better than some of the stiffs we’ve had in the outfield in recent years.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Little off topic but I’ve always been a Kevin Kiermaier fan, anyone in on him as our 4th  outfielder. He’s athletic and is probably the best Centerfielder I’ve seen in my lifetime, he can steal bases and always gives 110%, he is injury prone but he had some problems corrected with surgery after the 2022 season, just my opinion but I think he would be a good guy to have around, certainly better than some of the stiffs we’ve had in the outfield in recent years.

Dude will probably get a starting gig as a CF somewhere.

52 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Considering Getz has said he wants better defensive players and wants to get more athletic.. 2 things Eloy is not, I absolutely believe he's getting dealt to the highest bidder.

The they're is the other teams though.  Those other teams aren't interested.  When he says has to make sense for both sides, it says to me the Sox, despite being desperate to get rid of him, can't even find a low bid.

I am not the biggest fan of Eloy for a few reasons

- cant stay on the field

- cant play defense

- seems to have character issues (observations from interviews, that 'walking to the dugout before the ball was thrown atbat', the "i am ready" article that was released by his agent to the papers in 2017 (2018?). 

32 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Eloy is productive when he is on the field.  However, he is rarely on the field.  Need someone who will play 145+ at the DH spot not 120, at best.

Eloy put up a .758 OPS while on the field last year. His HR rate was low, his GB rate was high, his walk rate was poor. If he had produced like he did in 2022 you could say this and be accurate, he wasn't productive last year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

These pitchers are the types the Sox are going to have tobhit on once in a while. Their system has no acr type guys.  They don't have the prospect currency to trade for one, and they aren't signing one for what JR will pay.

Eloy isn't an ace pitcher? I agree, but I'm uncertain why that was pointed out.

5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Considering Getz has said he wants better defensive players and wants to get more athletic.. 2 things Eloy is not, I absolutely believe he's getting dealt to the highest bidder.

I don’t doubt Getz wants to move him, but with his well documented flaws I suspect those bids won’t be super high.  An org with a good track record for fixing swings might be willing to take a shot, but i doubt they’d be willing to give up enough to satisfy the Sox demands. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t doubt Getz wants to move him, but with his well documented flaws I suspect those bids won’t be super high.  An org with a good track record for fixing swings might be willing to take a shot, but i doubt they’d be willing to give up enough to satisfy the Sox demands. 

Plus the Brewers appear to be in full sell mode, and weren't they the rumored team in on him at the deadline?

2022 was only the second full season he stayed relatively healthy. He ranked 22nd of 28 DH’s with 200 + at bats.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?lg=all&season=2023&season1=2023&ind=0&pageitems=30&sortcol=21&sortdir=default&type=8&month=44&qual=200&pagenum=1

Perhaps something could change, but it doesn’t appear he has the mental make up or desire to adjust to the DH role, and he doesn’t have the physical makeup to play a corner OF position on a regular basis. 

Not sure if he is coordinated enough to play 1B, or whether that shift would actually result in him hitting better, but if Getz could get anything for him, I’d do it in an instant and be fully supportive.

If they swing and miss on a power bat, I wonder if the Giants matchup with the Sox on a deal for Eloy. I doubt the Giants would give up on Kyle Harrison but maybe a couple pitching prospect of their’s. 

If I’m trading Eloy and Cease I’d much prefer they get position players in a Cease deal than in an Eloy deal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

To tell the truth I wouldn’t mind him in CF with the Sox, we move Robert to RF and maybe help his career as he will have less ground to cover.

You don't move a gold glove CFer in the prime of his career. I don't think moving him to LF or RF would help/preserve his career either. 

• Thanks 1