DeJong to Sox

hogan873

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Shouldn't it be no higher than #11...top ten protected, that's assuming they finish worst, or at least bottom 3 would big in that 11-13 range.

Nope it’s 10. Rule is weird. It basically guarantees the bottom 3 records a pick in 7-9 range so Nats will be 10 this year etc.

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm gonna guess they sign Flaherty next 

Way too expensive...and Flaherty would only come to the White Sox due to Katz and/or no better offers out there...certainly he seems like the type of pitcher from his Cardinals' days who thrives on being on a winning team with guys like Wainright and Lynn.

If they're going that route, Wacha and Lugo are just as likely, but I'm going to be shocked if they don't more than Lance Lynn if you compare their respective 2023 seasons.

Maybe Lynn got an extra $1-2 million just for the ex Cardinal respect factor.

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think they will blow whatever they have allotted in FA SP budget on Manaea. 

Once they get Cease and Eloy off the books they'll do it imo.

He might be the worst possible pitcher of all-time for GRF.

SF was the perfect stadium for him...just like the Oakland Coliseum.  Wherever he goes, he will absolutely get destroyed this year unless it's maybe Seattle going cheap on their backend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Well, the defense up the middle got a lot better.  That's something, right?  Right?

DeJong is a bridge to Montgomery and Lopez is well suited to the utility role.  Too early in the offseason to worry about the opening day lineup.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Looks like Getz is trying to make sure no prospect is rushed and gets sufficient AAA ABs and innings in his new regime.

Prediction; in August we are going to be screaming about how Montgomery has only played 3 of the previous 10 games.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Hopefully no more than like $3M.

TBH, $7 million for Lopez and DeJong still would seem like a lot given how this franchise acts - but manageable I guess if they’re smart elsewhere? My reference point is always 2019 where Hahn added $50 million and got basically nothing for it.

• bmags unpinned this topic