DeJong to Sox

hogan873

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

i just want someone to get Getz to admit JR didn't know what he was talking about and this is indeed another re-build. 

I just hope they don't tout this signing. The guy was released twice last year.

100% this was a rebuild always was. JR as usual lies again. Sox brass will brag about this signing as a major step for 24.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Slugger? Lol…did you read the post in its entirety? Don’t know how you missed the part of things going south quickly for this organization you didn’t understand. IMO Daffy Duck and Mickey Mouse have a better shot at being in the 2024 rotation than Dylan Cease does. 

Yeah I can read chief.  Can you slugger?

18 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why can't we just go with our young guys? What is the purpose of signing a declining vet who has been awful 

Because not many folks want guys rushed to the majors like Vaughn. 

It's "give the young guys a chance" until they under perform then "blame the team for rushing them."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

i just want someone to get Getz to admit JR didn't know what he was talking about and this is indeed another re-build. 

I just hope they don't tout this signing. The guy was released twice last year.

"He's healthier now" (hidden injury ploy)

"We'll fix 'em" (our staff knows better)

Front office flipping a coin before writing the press release. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just committing to play Sosa/Popeye to see what we have

I can't think of too many scenarios where both couldn't get at least 300 ABs this year if that is your goal.   

If you can't trade Robert do you still go with Sosa/Rodriguez over Lopez/DeJong?  If I'm forced to try to win the central I'd start with the latter.  

13 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I can't think of too many scenarios where both couldn't get at least 300 ABs this year if that is your goal.   

If you can't trade Robert do you still go with Sosa/Rodriguez over Lopez/DeJong?  If I'm forced to try to win the central I'd start with the latter.  

Forced to try to win is going with Lopez/DeJong? Yikes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It can’t be more than a couple mill, right? It’s shocking this guy even got an MLB deal after being dfa’d twice last year and just awful at the plate the last 3 years.

That’s probably why he took the deal. The Sox either have to overpay guys, give them major league deals when no one else will, or be the only team giving them an offer at all to get players to come here. Reputation matters. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

Because not many folks want guys rushed to the majors like Vaughn. 

It's "give the young guys a chance" until they under perform then "blame the team for rushing them."

It’s worth noting, though, that Shewmake wasn’t rushed whatsoever. He spent one year per level, and has topped out repeating AAA. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Soxfest said:

100% this was a rebuild always was. JR as usual lies again. Sox brass will brag about this signing as a major step for 24.

More than likely, only about 5-10% of the really hard core Sox fanbase even know of this transition.

Still no numbers because there's no MLB guarantee/split contract?

• bmags unpinned this topic