Max Stassi Acquired

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes. The path they’re clearly on is- clean the stink out of the clubhouse, and prioritize defense. Then, when a prospect is truly ready, bring him in. It’s actually not a bad plan with what has happened. It’s too bad Grifol made it through to this point, but we can’t have everything we want with JR running things. Hopefully it’s a .500 or close team in 2025, and a true decent team in 2026, that can contend. We can hope. 

Yes once the Bummer trade happened and the more we heard Getz speak  I was pretty confident that Perez and Merrifield wouldn't be playing for the Sox mostly for monetary reasons,  Perez' defense and Nicky Lopez.

This year is about Getz putting his stamp on the Sox regardless of the upcoming losses.

Now I'll see if Baltimore moves Santander and see if they get any kind of pitching for him or if they wait til the deadline.

I really want to see the talent acquired for Cease to see if there's a major league player involved that can be spun off or strictly prospects. Sooner or later the Sox need quality bats who might also be able to play defense and play fast, something I've wanted for years. And if LH with power even better !

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

AA is fucking feasting left & right on premium talent

Aaron Bummer, Jarred Kelenic, David Fletcher, PTBNL from Pirates, PTBNL from White Sox. 

Can you point out which of these guys are premium talent? Looks like they got 2 projects in Bummer and Kelenic, and a utility infielder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Aaron Bummer, Jarred Kelenic, David Fletcher, PTBNL from Pirates, PTBNL from White Sox. 

Can you point out which of these guys are premium talent? Looks like they got 2 projects in Bummer and Kelenic, and a utility infielder. 

I'm ready to see the Braves to turn Lane Ramsey into a monster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The Sox continue their reign as the great instution of pitch framing catchers.

They can’t make them, so they’ll acquire them. It’s very on-brand for them to get obsessed with it about ten years after there was a competitive advantage to be gained. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

They have picked a lane. They are developing pitching and supporting those pitchers with defense. I believe they are going to lose like 110 games, but at least they have picked a lane.

I’ll go out on a limb and say this lane does better than the shít we witnessed last year. I’ll go with 64-98. 

23 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Certainly a lot of bitching about acquiring a good defensive catcher for a PTBNL, with a good chunk of the salary to be paid by Atlanta.  Do we remember who the Sox rolled out there the past few years?

Yeah...all the bitching really surprised me.🙂

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You could see this move coming a million miles away.  AA is fucking feasting left & right on premium talent while Getz is pouncing on the has-been scraps falling off AA’s table.  Jerry Reinsdorf isn’t a serious owner and the Sox aren’t a serious baseball organization.

Team comprised of all Braves castoffs and salary dumps seems to be the plan now.

Eddie Rosario for RF/LF?

26 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Certainly a lot of bitching about acquiring a good defensive catcher for a PTBNL, with a good chunk of the salary to be paid by Atlanta.  Do we remember who the Sox rolled out there the past few years?

Nothing to really complain about with this particular move — basically got the guy for free.  It’s more general malaise.

Seems like Getz is determined to improve the defense and build from there.  We’ll probably lose 100 but play some fundamental baseball, yay!