Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract

2Deep

38 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

For a non-contender like the Sox, agreed.  Although he would have been a great flip candidate.  But Getz already wasted enough money on a bunch of scrubs to pay a guy like Chapman.

It's not like they were so obsessed with character guys last off-season (see Clevinger), but it's probably part of the new Getz-branded "Royalsization" of the Sox.

Ironic, in that Chapman was transformed into the Royals' 2nd or 3rd most valuable asset down the stretch in Cole Ragans.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Best suggestion in a while. Don't abuse it.

Remember the emoji with one eye larger than the other, with a weird look? That was the best addition to Soxtalk ever, especially when you couldn't see who used it. It should have never been removed. 

22 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Remember the emoji with one eye larger than the other, with a weird look? That was the best addition to Soxtalk ever, especially when you couldn't see who used it. It should have never been removed. 

Can someone run a seminar on the proper use of Soxtalk emojis? I need some lessons on the appropriate times to post The Hawk and/or TLR. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, wegner said:

Can someone run a seminar on the proper use of Soxtalk emojis? I need some lessons on the appropriate times to post The Hawk and/or TLR. Thanks in advance.

It was a very controversial emoji, especially when you couldn't see who did it. It got removed shortly after a poster called out whoever had been using the emoji on his posts and referred to them as "chicken s%*#". Good times. 

edit: i found it @wegner. This made me die of laughter when i saw it the first time. The emoji that shall remain nameless...

Give me some skin for finding this post @Tnetennba bro

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

It was a very controversial emoji, especially when you couldn't see who did it. It got removed shortly after a poster called out whoever had been using the emoji on his posts and referred to them as "chicken s%*#". Good times. 

edit: i found it @wegner. This made me die of laughter when i saw it the first time. The emoji that shall remain nameless...

Give me some skin for finding this post @Tnetennba bro

Amazing that no one mentioned in that first post (interview notes) really developed at all: Gonzalez, Call, the relievers, Bryce Bush.

Wow.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wegner said:

My take on how I interpret, but not saying this is universal. I believe the first four are straight forward for most, and the final three can be open for interpretation.

Perhaps a pinned explanation post for how these are meant to be taken would help everyone be on the same page.

1. Thank you Thank you in general, perhaps for a complement or other message directed toward you / response to your quote. I also use as a "Thank You" concurrence agreeing with the view point.
  2. Laughing Meant to reward a funny post. Some may use sarcastically, but I rarely if never used it in this manner.
  3. Love Complete acceptance / appreciation / agreement / love of a post.
  4. Fire Signifying the post or poster is on fire - used to praise. Also denotes a hot take.
  5. Hawk Signifying Sox to the nth degree. Hawk would take a bullet for the Sox. Your emoji nods your head in respect for this post. Also see additional uses such as indicating the post is an example of Hawk's viewpoint regarding the game of baseball (TWTW, Baseball Card Stats, Bitching at Umpires) and also for a post with shade thrown at his at times nemesis Steve Stone. I stretch the boundaries concurring with a meatball take from a Sox perspective against an A. L. Central opponent, or the Yankees, hated by all of mankind.
  6. Tony This emoji can be the most critical of a post or thought. Indicates a post containing a 19th or 20th century mindset about baseball or the world we live in. A Tony emoji indicates you may have posted something wrong and perhaps you should consider editing, deleting, and changing your way of thought. However, I have also used it to concur with posts critical of Tony - Damn straight that was a Tony thing that just happened.
  7. Paperbag To be this could be a dual use, but I am not sure if there was prior use here for better context. I see at as noting embarrassment as a fellow Sox fan for the latest dumb thing the Sox did (performance, transaction, statement, etc) called out in the post.
  • Thanks 2

Generally, unless the post is obviously so ridiculous and I give it a laugh, if I'm giving any emoji, I'm digging the post because I'm old and don't want to learn new s%*#. Emojis weren't around in the 80s when players used to bunt, and you could put a 1B in the OF and intentionally walk guys with 1 and 2 counts, and people wouldn't run to their computers or phones to complain brother.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 3

Just a little dity for our newest big time free agent....welcome to the White Sox Tim Hill. For those of you playing along at home, his nickname is Tim Jim but I'm sure he will get a new one courtesy of 2024 Game Threads.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Not a single one.

The best solution for those guys was getting out of Dodge...Alex Call played the majority of last season for the Nats and was hovering around a 1 fWAR before falling off.

Santos and Shaw were the only two relievers that really stood out.

And Mickey Adolfo at least looked like a body builder...so credit to Getz again?