Going to Vegas for the weekend tomorrow...how many wins will the team have this year?

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't waste time or money on the White Sox.  Do something cool like hike in Red Rock Canyon!

Cmon man, its not a Vegas trip if you aren't wasting your money.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As Jackie Gleason once said as Ralph Kramden in the Honeymooners: "Let me have what your drinking I want to get loaded too..." 

After a successful 2024 White Sox season I will be able to say (like Jackie Gleason) How sweet it is!!!!

8 hours ago, wegner said:

I'm actually overly optimistic, which means 72 wins for this squad. 

On second thought with the balanced schedule...68

minus 10

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't waste time or money on the White Sox.  Do something cool like hike in Red Rock Canyon!

I second this. Red Rocks and or Hoover Dam are better uses of time and money.

32 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

After a successful 2024 White Sox season I will be able to say (like Jackie Gleason) How sweet it is!!!!

I'm assuming you are saying these predictions to get a reaction since you seem like an intelligent individual and realize the complete, utter mess this franchise is in on and off the field. 

I'd be thrilled if they broke 70 wins but can't see it happening especially after they trade guys come July.  

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm assuming you are saying these predictions to get a reaction since you seem like an intelligent individual and realize the complete, utter mess this franchise is in on and off the field. 

I'd be thrilled if they broke 70 wins but can't see it happening especially after they trade guys come July.  

I'm fairly confident that this is going to be a very happy successful season for the White Sox. If this turns out like I think it will the team will add players at the deadline.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

minus 10

I thought we were done with SoxMath.....they said we were done with SoxMath.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm fairly confident that this is going to be a very happy successful season for the White Sox. If this turns out like I think it will the team will add players at the deadline.

There’s no way they’re adding. This schlub team of has-beens and never-wases was put together for the sole purpose of hoping for bounce-back years  to get lottery tickets at the deadline.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I second this. Red Rocks and or Hoover Dam are better uses of time and money.

There are so many great national and state parks within a 4-5 + hour drive. I've been to Death Valley the most of any NP, but passed last month because of all the road wash outs from August, with many areas, roads and exhibits closed. However, I just saw today Lake Manley which formed in August with those floods is still there. Had I known about this I would have went immediately. They also have pup fish by the salt creek (can't access because of the floods) and depending on rainfall and conditions, there are years with great wildflower blooms.

I highly encourage everyone who loves nature and is in the area in the Winter to Early Spring months to check Death Valley conditions and try to get out there even for a drive there and back from Vegas if you can't stay overnight.

Bryce Canyon, the Grand Canyon (I prefer the more remote North Rim due to far less visitors - just like Comiskey Park), Zion in the non Summer months (too crowded) or the Dixie Forest in the Summer months. Several great State Parks as well with less crowds and great things to see and do.

What the middle of Lake Manley better known as Badwater Basin has nearly always looked like during our lifetimes - Photo about 45 minutes west of the road:

03102020-296.jpg

What happened after it flooded:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/death-valley-national-park-kayaking-temporary-lake/index.html

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WBWSF said:

You are delusional.  It’s like listening to Hawk in his prime in the very beginning of every season, before he inevitably turned to the dark side after the losses piled up after the first half of the season and took the Sox out of contention.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Surprised to be behind the Athletics honestly.

Oakland picked up better quality players over the offseason vs. the mostly worthless shotgun Sox acquisitions.

Have to figure the Sox will reduce their chances further by signing negative fWAR players such as Moose and Squirrel Pillar. Oakland will likely better develop the younger players they have, perhaps significantly, based on both teams track records.

Projected 2024 Depth Chart fWAR - Limited to players with projections signed to major league contracts.

Oakland Athletics 9 Acquisitions = 5.1

• 2/14 Scott Alexander 0.2
  • 2/2 Alex Wood 1.4
  • 2/2 Ross Stripling 1.4
  • 12/19 Trevor Gott 0.3
  • 12/6 Mitch Spence 0.0
  • 11/20 Osvaldo Bido 0.2
  • 11/17 Michael Kelly 0.0
  • 11/15 Abraham Toro 1.1
  • 11/6 Miguel Andujar 0.5

Chicago White Sox 17 Acquisitions = 5.7

• 2/27 Bailey Horn 0.0
  • 2/23 Peyton Burdick 0.0
  • 2/3 Dominic Fletcher 0.4
  • 2/3 Prelander Berroa 0.0
  • 2/3 Zach DeLoach 0.0
  • 1/26 John Brebbia 0.4
  • 1/5 Martin Maldonado (0.6)
  • 12/30 Chris Flexen 0.8
  • 12/28 Tim Hill (0.3)
  • 12/13 Erick Feede 1.1
  • 12/9 Max Stassi 0.9
  • 12/6 Shane Drohan 0.0
  • 11/28 Paul DeJong 0.7
  • 11/16 Michael Soroka 1.2
  • 11/16 Braden Shewmake 0.2
  • 11/16 Nicky Lopez 0.7
  • 11/16 Jared Shuster 0.2

19 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This team , if healthy should hit, The starting rotation of Cease Fedde, Crochet and Kopech  could be good. I admit that the bullpen scares me  If everybody produces it could be a successful year. I remember going into the 1977 season the media didn't give the team any chance at all. I looked at the lineup and thought it would be a good team. I was right. I think this is a similar situation.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

This team , if healthy should hit, The starting rotation of Cease Fedde, Crochet and Kopech  could be good. I admit that the bullpen scares me  If everybody produces it could be a successful year. I remember going into the 1977 season the media didn't give the team any chance at all. I looked at the lineup and thought it would be a good team. I was right. I think this is a similar situation.

😆😆😆😆😝

They've already got seven pitchers, seven having injury issues and you think this team is going to stay healthy???????????????????????

2024 is a lost season for the big league team.

Skip a hand of blackjack and take $25 and put it on 85+ wins. You're likely out the $25 either way, but at least this gives you some minor, long-shot sliver of what might turn into hope for like... the first couple of weeks of April.

• Like 1