Are we being too hard on Grif?

ron883

38 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Those who remember Bevington, was he worse than Grifol? 

I thought Ventura and Renteria were bad, but they look like geniuses in comparison to Pedro. 

I think Renteria was a much better manager. Ventura...idk...honestly I think he is on par with Grifol lol. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Texsox said:

He's going to be the Doug Collins of baseball. 

Doug was abruptly shitcanned for "allegedly" for affair (on his end as he was married) relationship, IIRC with Jerry's daughter Susan.

He wasn't fired for that A to B to C nonsense sold to the public. "No explanation".

However, speculation grew that Collins’ release was due primarily to matters unrelated to basketball

56 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Bevington was 10x the manager that Grifol is.....and that is no compliment.    I would take Carrot Top, Screech, or Pee Wee Herman over either of this imbecibles.  

Again, this man was ready willing and able to be hired by the Royals who knew everything they needed to know about Pedro. The Royals passed on him. Let's face facts. This team and everything about it has no bright spots now except Robert (til he likely gets hurt again) and maybe Montgomery. Grifol is not good.

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

Bevington was 10x the manager that Grifol is.....and that is no compliment.    I would take Carrot Top, Screech, or Pee Wee Herman over either of this imbecibles.  

This post is great 

10 hours ago, Texsox said:

If that the same Jerry you're always taking about?

Yes, I'll quote the full passage for clarity.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/4/27/21238781/bulls-last-dance-doug-collins-jerry-krause

However, speculation grew that Collins’ release was due primarily to matters unrelated to basketball, and that Bulls assistant Phil Jackson was the No. 1 candidate to become the new head coach.

While most players said they were shocked by Collins’ demise, two who requested anonymity said they had been aware of the pending firing for days.

It was something (Collins) did that greatly upset the top man (Reinsdorf) and not Jerry Krause,” one player said. “It’s unfortunate that Krause will come out of this looking like the bad guy when he was simply the bearer of the bad news.

“Maybe Krause and Collins did not like each other that much. But it wasn’t Krause’s decision to fire Collins.”

16 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

Going 61-101 with this years team may have been acceptable.  Having that record with last years team was not.   And losing 120+ games this year with this crappy roster is still not.  He's the worst manager in the history of MLB and it’s not questionable.     

Hundred loss seasons should never be acceptable.

and trust the white Sox to be the one fucking team to f*** up so much that when they finally lost over 100 they can’t even get a goddamn lottery pick in the draft for it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Jesse Rogers was just saying on Carm & Jurk that Pedro Grifol does not have respect by those around Baseball outside of the Sox walls.  Yikes.

Well if anyone knows how to navigate a Tim Floyd situation, it’s definitely JR

18 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Those who remember Bevington, was he worse than Grifol? 

I thought Ventura and Renteria were bad, but they look like geniuses in comparison to Pedro. 

This site would have literally caught fire if it was around during Bevingtons tenure

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

I’d be in favour of Urkel, personally. 

The “did I do thaaat??” after every loss would really help take the edge off. 

4 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Jesse Rogers was just saying on Carm & Jurk that Pedro Grifol does not have respect by those around Baseball outside of the Sox walls.  Yikes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Well it just seems like he was hired to be the Sox’ Eberflus, holding the bag for a real manager that comes along to coach the real roster. If ever there is such a thing on the SS. The Grifol era may be here for awhile. Ron isn’t completely off his meds. Why would the Sox ever fire a guy hired to take all the incoming.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pale Sox said:

I’d be in favour of Urkel, personally. 

The “did I do thaaat??” after every loss would really help take the edge off. 

I think Grifol should under these words after all 10-15 wins this season.   As bad as he is, every win should be a surprise and an embarrassment to whomever we beat.

9 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

That was obvious when KC did not even interview him for opening