3/31 GT - Sox vs. Tigers (1:10pm)

Alright boys, it’s been an ugly start to the season with the Sox winless after two and those losses coming against a not great Tigers team.  However, there have been some positives to cling to in the early goings.  Crochet was electric and went six.  Soroka was bad but was able to get through five.  The bullpen has generally been very good outside of Leone.  We saw the bats come alive a bit more yesterday and Robert has demonstrated significantly improved plate discipline.  This isn’t a good baseball team by any stretch, but we don’t need to be good to win a game against the Tigers and as such I say why not fucking today.

Without seeing lineups, it’s a bit challenging to comment on today’s matchup.  I will say the Sox have barely faced Flaherty in the past and the Tigers haven’t faced Fedde since he added a sweeper, so let’s treat this like a clean slate.  That being said, Flaherty is coming off a really nice spring with increased velocity and has historically been much stronger against RHs.  As such, I think Shewmake should get a second straight start at SS and I’d also use Sheets at DH ahead of Eloy today given some dumb situational hitting yesterday.

I haven’t gotten to see Fedde pitch since signing with us, but am very excited to see this new Bannister endorsed version.  I am very familiar with the pre KBO version of Fedde and was never impressed, so hopefully the difference is immediately clear.  Either way, hopefully he can give us five or six solid innings today while actually flashing a little bit of stuff.  Would be great if he could be a little more than a back of the rotation innings eater.

I don’t plan to do any bold predictions today, but I do think we pull off the win on this beautiful Easter Sunday.  Let’s fucking go!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Quin pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I have no idea why anyone would throw him a strike.

Good point.  And I’m sure we will see him intentionally walked more and more as teams realize that Eloy will hit into some tailor made DP’s.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic