3/31 GT - Sox vs. Tigers (1:10pm)

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Maybe, but it may not come against the Braves.

Hopefully this series is washed out. 

Atlanta is only here once right? They will try to get this in as much as they can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Until 2024 rung in, thought Getz would bring in a few good players and flip Cease for a couple prospects and a decent AAA starter plus reliever to plug in now.

After the Maldonado and Mena calls, really lost confidence. The haul for Cease was fine, but definitely won't help 2024. Think Bannister and a few others can help players develop / adjust, but the dearth of talent seems as though 2027 could be the earliest to expect .500.

Can see Jerry nuking payroll like he did the last half decade at Comiskey Park (1986-1990), perhaps a $60M-$80M payroll per year until 2029.

Guys that is Jerry's plot. He's gonna make attendance drop so bad he can use that to move the team. It's only gonna get worse. This mother Fucker has sucked 44 years out of Chicago. Time to say screw you jerry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

Anyway, Mena went 5 IP, 0 ER, 6 K, 2H, 1BB

I don't care if it's one start and 3 games into a 162 game MLB season, I am salty.

I really felt good about this trade. I thought, while still below average, that the Sox defensively and somewhat offensively would really improve in RF. But Fletcher has looked awful. I know it's early, but he looked awful offensively in spring ball. Pillar has been every bit as bad. RF looks every awful, just like aways.   

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Guys that is Jerry's plot. He's gonna make attendance drop so bad he can use that to move the team. It's only gonna get worse. This mother Fucker has sucked 44 years out of Chicago. Time to say screw you jerry

I think the Pillar contract proves that Getz is going to the biggest Yes Man we've ever seen on the South Side, which was probably part of the "we need to hire Chris so badly we're not even going to entertain the Selig rule" pact.

• Like 3

Usually during a losing streak, you can assume a team will come out of it somehow. But I don't see this offense doing much of anything this year. Besides Robert, and maybe Vaughn on a good day, there is nothing in this lineup. We will see many more boring games like this one. And, of course, many losing ones.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, Highland said:

Usually during a losing streak, you can assume a team will come out of it somehow. But I don't see this offense doing much of anything this year. Besides Robert, and maybe Vaughn on a good day, there is nothing in this lineup. We will see many more boring games like this one. And, of course, many losing ones.

And of course Eloy is hurt again, so that's one less MLB caliber hitter in the lineup. 

11 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Post-game showing Eloy's highlight reel of hurting himself running to 1st. Holy f***....

😆 This clown will be out a month. What a total complete waste of talent. 

The record for the most losses to start a season in Sox history is 10 set in 1968. These stiffs and buffoons have a chance to equal that mark, which would at least end the season early.

Three straight one run losses and Hill doesn't look like he can get anybody out, but hey he works cheap!

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think the Pillar contract proves that Getz is going to the biggest Yes Man we've ever seen on the South Side, which was probably part of the "we need to hire Chris so badly we're not even going to entertain the Selig rule" pact.

Thinking Getz runs things through Tony to get the yea or nay, or both go to Jerry for his call.

Also thinking the current online org chart is a typo, as Kenny was EVP when Tony reported up through him (or more likely around direct / dotted line to Jerry).

Senior Executive Vice President Howard Pizer
Senior Vice President/General Manager Chris Getz
Special Advisor to the Executive Vice President Tony La Russa

30 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Atlanta is only here once right? They will try to get this in as much as they can.

Yes. They’ll probably get Monday in. Tue and Wed I’m guessing will be too cold with snow, and they play a doubleheader in June. 

13 minutes ago, Highland said:

I could see Robert the only .800 + OPS, perhaps one or two of the three (Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn) cracking .760, and then a couple guys maybe hitting .720 + (Colas, Grossman and/or Sheets). Everyone else is a reserve or AAA player on even a .500 team.

If they were smart, this would be managed as a complete and utter teardown, but see them continuing to pretend and perhaps delude even themselves about the fact the farm system might not be bottom 5 anymore, but the organization as a whole certainly is when looking at talent in their 20s.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Let’s start with a 20 game loosing streak.

Honestly I wouldn't complain about that. Show the world what a total complete embarrassment the team/organization has become. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Post-game showing Eloy's highlight reel of hurting himself running to 1st. Holy f***....

Wait, so I read he has an injured chest. He did that running to first? Take him to the glue factory already

1 minute ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

How much losing do the Sox have to do before they realize that what they are doing is not working?

Nothing will really change until ownership does no matter how many games they lose.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic