4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT

Just now, T R U said:

I agree. I think he just doesn’t want to have to actually do work to find someone or pay top dollar. 

Truly the most bored person on the planet. Treating owing the team as a hobby that he has no interest in being better at. He could be doing so much other cool stuff right now with his time.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

He truly believes Getz is amazing 

I don't know if I believe that. 

I think it was a very easy choice, "nice kid" that said the right things in the interview, part of the "White Sox Family" ehhh, why not, what's the worst that could happen? I don't want to bring in anyone I don't know, maybe he's hard to work with, might know baseball, but why change? 

That's what I think the real thought process was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I think it was a very easy choice, "nice kid" that said the right things in the interview, part of the "White Sox Family" ehhh, why not, what's the worst that could happen? I don't want to bring in anyone I don't know, maybe he's hard to work with, might know baseball, but why change? 

He didn't want to go outside. He hated Larry Himes, because Larry had no use for JR's ideas. Getz will listen to Jerry, and he will "waste" the rest of the decade.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

He went out of his way to say he was the only developer of talent they’ve ever had that taught players how to play the right way, or something along those lines.  I quit reading it because it was so dumb.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

He went out of his way to say he was the only developer of talent they’ve ever had that taught players how to play the right way, or something along those lines.  I quit reading it because it was so dumb.

"teaches baseball the right way" was the stupid ass phrase. Then he went into his spiel about David Eckstein sucking at every aspect of baseball but being good somehow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

yep, this is it. he’s in his last phase of ownership of this team. everything in his background suggested he’d make a hire like getz, because it was easy and comfort. and this is 100 percent about his comfort and zero percent about building a great baseball organization. 

I’m also sure Jerry has complained about the slugging/no defense roster the last few years, so Getz gave him this amazing vision of how they could get great fielders from the state of Illinois.

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

I’m also sure Jerry has complained about the slugging/no defense roster the last few years, so Getz gave him this amazing vision of how they could get great fielders from the state of Illinois.

Load up with a bunch of David Eckstein types. Lose a ton of games. The fact that the team is awful shouldn't surprise anyone. Everyone seemed to know it except the White Sox. Again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 4OCS said:

My dad sent me the following text about two hours ago:

Do you believe they fired Pedro already?

I responded half hour ago: they did??

no response as of yet. Should I be concerned? Just sitting here baffled at the moment

April fools 😂

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Load up with a bunch of David Eckstein types. Lose a ton of games. The fact that the team is awful shouldn't surprise anyone. Everyone seemed to know it except the White Sox. Again.

Nah, they knew it also.  Only stupid fans on here thought it wouldn’t be a complete disaster.

• Like 1

Just now, ScootsMcGoots said:

Jerry. If you are reading this.  Please. We beg of you. For the love of all things that are good and whole. Sell, the fucking, team.

Pedro will tell him how the team could easily be 3-1

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

I hope when the game starts back up again they show a time lapse video of everyone who bought a milkshake during the delay. That sure hasn't been run into the ground yet.

Edited by TomPickle

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pedro will tell him how the team could easily be 3-1

My only joy this season will be when, apparently, TLR is made interim and booed to kingdom come by 5,000 fans.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He didn't want to go outside. He hated Larry Himes, because Larry had no use for JR's ideas. Getz will listen to Jerry, and he will "waste" the rest of the decade.

Getz will listen to JR and TLR and that is what makes JR comfortable. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Paying your hard earned money to go see this team is only making it worse. There should be no real White Sox fans in the stadium because it only prolongs the ineptitude of this organization. Maybe the old guy will sell if no one shows up. 

• Like 2