Colas

On 4/10/2024 at 1:22 AM, greg775 said:

So far everything in the Getz era has been an abject failure. We'll see if the one guy in the Cease deal becomes a star. But right now it is truly sickening that the team's three best hitters (on paper) are already hurt and it's not mid April. Not sure how this bunch won today. I expect a loss every day.

I expect Colas to pull an abductor stepping off the plane.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It has to be Eloy coming off IL (I think I option Vaughn).

Only other thing I can think of is today is the last day they need to keep a guy in the minors so he won’t get an extra year of control…they wouldn’t call Colson up right now right?

The reports the last few days is Eloy wasn’t ready.

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

To do what, SHEETS is our DH, time for Eloy to go home to Mommy.

Idk I feel like they're going to end up platooning Sheets and Vaughn. I don't agree with it and Vaughn should be the one in AAA but they're dumb so.

23 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk I feel like they're going to end up platooning Sheets and Vaughn. I don't agree with it and Vaughn should be the one in AAA but they're dumb so.

Better to just trade Vaughn then...for the equivalent of Popeye Rodriguez.

Of course...going all in on Sheets (or Lee) based on the results 10+ games or whatever is eventually going to be equally as foolhardy.

31 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Good.  I've seen more than enough of Colas.  I want to see what DeLoach can do.

Lol, yeah that 246 PA sample is surely enough to write him off for good! 

Your complete flip flop from hating every move the Sox make to now championing every move is quite comical.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why? Guy has hardly played in Charlotte, routinely getting pulled mid game and not hitting at all. 

I picked that because it's the dumbest option. Until proven otherwise, I predict they pick the dumbest option.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Better to just trade Vaughn then...for the equivalent of Popeye Rodriguez.

Of course...going all in on Sheets (or Lee) based on the results 10+ games or whatever is eventually going to be equally as foolhardy.

So basically we're at the point that every Sox player is bad and we cannot hope for any type of development that is not linear ?

Meh I'll keep hoping against the odds that they find some quality MLB players just by holding onto some guys. It may haved worked in some cases like Semien and Tatis, Jr.  or would they have withered on the vine ?

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So basically we're at the point that every Sox player is bad and we cannot hope for any type of development that is not linear ?

Meh I'll keep hoping against the odds that they find some quality MLB players just by holding onto some guys. It may haved worked in some cases like Semien and Tatis, Jr.  or would they have withered on the vine ?

Just don't think we should give up on Vaughn or send him to AAA based on 12 games.

That's all.  He's already pretty much a sunk cost for this season anyway.

That said...it's doubtful the Sox have anyone other than Frank Thomas in the studio to fix him, either.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:13 AM, PaleAleSox said:

Excitement needs to be tempered on this because he is showing good results. However, Fletcher fucking blows and might be one of the worst Sox players of all time in these 11 games.

Worst player of all time in 11 games ?🤣 You can't make this s%*# up . Did this turn into a football season ?